+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Special Appeal for guys above 27years.

Special Appeal for guys above 27years.

Guys, as a regular housemate on this noble site, and based on your observations, what percentage of jobs being advertised are available for guys 27 years and above?

This is based on the fact that a very close friend, one of our very own here also, has been denied 2 major appointments cos he just clocked 27.

Is there anything we can do to help these set of pple?

Very constructive suggestion are highly required now.

Over to u "our noble compatriots on this site". The truth be say, I go soon clock o.

One luv!

Re: Special Appeal for guys above 27years.

Self employment is the answer becos even those that are below the age have not been employed
    j

Hey

@POSTER, Reduce ur age to 25yrs. Get a new Birth Cert. Back date ur driving license and change ur date of birth. I hope ur date of birth is not stated on ur Waec result. Start an Aggressive Search 4 job
    T

i think we shld look for a way to protest. maybe via human rights groups. i applied 4 a job just days after clocking 27 and as u can guess i wasnt called. And they normally have a nondiscrimatory law on age sex religion and other basis. Another thing is govt agencies charging money to employ. What r d rights group doing?

Do not relent, just keep on trying. There are some jobs that requires 27yrs and above.

Your job is your job age not withstanding; against all odds you will be considered as the best choice available. Believe me!

Fgk

Dont let them discourage you. You are not too old. You will get the Job ordained for you by Job irrespective of age/skills/experience.... God is true to his words

Everything in this life is just about opportunity, at times its always difficult to predict what one will get, for instance I will clock 28 this year and I have gotten 5 years experience (in one of the Big bank) where i still work now. One thing I know is that connection has devastated everything in this country, so try making friend and open up to people, who knows the next person by your side maybe the one that can open the way for you.

Re

Just pray there r jobs that we d under 27 cant do, just keep applyin even if there is an age limit. I know someone that got an entry level job at 28 so u don't ve to relent, just PUSH. Wish ya all da best

I think honesty has really been bad for us in this country, after passing the rigorous test and screening process at Chams, i was invited for a next stage and could you believe i was barred due to my age. Immediately, i had to go make a new affidavit reducing my age. If you are honest, its a problem and if you re not, its another problem. My brother, pls apply for anything appliable, when you get to the bridge, you shall always cross it

Quote Originally Posted by debuhlar
    My brother, pls apply for anything appliable, when you get to the bridge, you shall always cross it
    Post of the day!

guys u can neva be faster dan ur God. all d same, u cld start wt somtin small if u get n den claim experience. what is area (course of study)? i cld tro more light. peace

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

Don't fret. Even if you are 27yrs and above,brand urself in a way dat will be commesurate with ur age.Better still,u can reduce your age as ladypinkie said.
    G

+ Reply