+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Opportunities for Nigeria"Ibadan"

Opportunities for Nigeria"Ibadan"

Where do web designers work?

"I was wondering where web designers work, like if they work in a company or at home with random people. People say that they make $50g to $70g, but if they work at home and do it for random people and don't get that much hot will they get to the $50g to $70g mark? Sorry if it's a Multi answer.

by Joseph McMurray Member since:May 25, 2011http://www.naijahotjobs.com/D:\My Videos Personal
    Total points:1,681 (Level 3)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

This is a good question. Although my job pays well I have actually made more money freelancing. You have more flexibility over your wage and your hours when you work from home. I can give myself a higher wage if I want where as if I was at a company they pay me how much they feel I am worth.

There are advantages to both sides though. Working for a company you are guaranteed a paycheck every month. Working for yourself you are not guaranteed one. But because there is more risks involved when working for yourself the reward can be greater.

It just depends on how well you are at marketing yourself for freelance. You could be the best web designer in the world but if nobody knows about you then nobody will hire you.
    Source(s):

I am a freelance Web Designer/Developer - http://jmcmurray.com

• 1 person rated this as good

Asker's Rating:Asker's Comment:Thank you so much.

There are currently no comments for this question.
    * You must be logged into Answers to add comments. Sign in or Register.

Other Answers (4)

• by raina_vi... Member since:January 07, 2008Total points:91,585 (Level 7)

Depends. Some are employed by companies, some freelance from home, and some do both.

I can tell you that when I do freelance work, I charge $75 per hour, with a two hour minimum (and I'm at the low end of the freelance price range). Freelancers who have a good client base can make just as much, if not more, than people who work only for their company.

• by Lucas Anderson Member since:March 26, 2011Total points:2,547 (Level 4)

Web designers work for companies or just at home. While web designers who work at companies do make more, web designers who work at home (and freelance) can make almost as much as those who work in companies if they know how to spread their business.

• by Aasked Member since:September 18, 2010Total points:55 (Level 1)

They work at home or where ever they like .

• by Krishna Punna Member since:May 27, 2011Total points:5 (Level 1)

Most of them works in companies...

Thanks

• 1 person rated this as good"

Nigerians we also need to start taking initiatives today.The world has changed,do yor businesses online,showcase your products online,market them online,everything is so online.
      Are You
      An IT Professional or Interested in becoming one

Wish to build an expertise and advance your career

A Student or Individual looking to acquire computer basics

An employee seeking to improve your working knowledge of computers

An Employer wishing to check and improve employee skills and productivity
      We Are Just Right For YOU!
      Our Organization is an ITTraining and Exam Centre,with huge investment into Marketing and Sales of Computer Hardware and accessories.We focus on becoming a leading hardware manufacturer in West African sub region and providing world-class Business & Applications Technology Training & Testing for Work, Business or Study.
      We have our Head Office Located in Ibadan,Oyo state with branches and offices in the whole of south western states of Nigeria.
      So if you are
      An IT Professional or Interested in becoming one

• Wish to build an expertise and advance your career

• A Student or Individual looking to acquire computer basics

• An employee seeking to improve your working knowledge of computers

• An Employer wishing to check and improve employee skills and productivity
        Also do not hesitate to contact the the following contact information in the case where your digital,computer,hardware needs are to be met.
        08031162273,08070720424 or email me on [email protected]
        Professional advice will be given on any purchase you make from us ranging from your Laptops,Digital Cameras,Branded Desktop Computers,Flash Drives,Memory Cards.
        Hope that's fair enough?
        Hope to hear from you and serve in a way that will make you have value for your money.

Re: Opportunities for Nigeria"Ibadan"

Thanks for the few calls I have received.
    For those in Ibadan,soon we are going to organize a free seminar on some opportuinities for job creation and self awareness.
    If to a close client,I can send your Laptop,Branded System,Printers(HP,Samsumg) to you through known public transport and your goods will be delivered to safe you money for courier packaging.
    I can assure you that our organization will beat any genuine price.
    I can sell for you at whole sale price anything you want to buy that has to do with computer accessories.
    Do not forget the certification exams we are undergoing.
    WED DESIGNS AND JAVA PROGRAMMING.

+ Reply