+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Nervous during interviews, how do i overcome this???

Nervous during interviews, how do i overcome this???

Hey guyz pls i need ur assistance on this one. I get nervous and visibly shaky whenever am on the hot sit during every interview i've attended, pls how do i overcome this as this problem has cost me so many opportunities. Plz i'll appreciate ur contriution on this plz.

Re: Nervous during interviews, how do i overcome this???

I BLIEVE THESE FEW TIPS WIL HELP.*ALWAYS LEARN/TRY 2 CALM URSELF DOWN B/4 GOIN 4 ANY INTERVIEW *BE COURAGEOUS N DONT B AFRAID(KNOWING VERY WEL DAT D INTERVIEWERS ARE NORMAL HUMANS JUST LIKE U) *ALWAYS PREPARE VERY WEL B/4 GOIN 4 ANY INTERVW(TRY 2 GET IN4O ABOV D COY/ORG) N ABOVE ALL,ALWAYS COMIT URSELF 2 GOD B/I4 GOIN 4 INTERVW
    ;

Beloved in the lord!!!!!!!!!!! you need to pray against d spirit of fear and anxiety , b4 u embark on any interview , please fast b4 d day & also on d day! .
    The devil is a lair , he knws ur born to win , dats y he puts you in dat situation.
    cos i knw after d whole tin u feel normal.
    Also be well prepared, & c wat d lord will do in your life.
    I pray for you today dat , d very last minute miracle dat will cause men from far & near to celebrate wv u , d good lord will do it in your life.
    AMEN.......

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

Luckgab2008: It has more to do with your self-esteem. probably don't think very high about yourself when appear before ª panel. See yourself as an expatriate because were invited because U?? deserved it. Wen have successfully been able to carry yourself very high, do things that will project ª confident person. Everybody gets nervous in ª panel interview and there is no penalty about it. What matters is that even in your nervousness, should make complete and perfect sense wen talkin. Next time when U?? appear before ª panel, try going with ª bottled water, stop and drink intermitently when answering questions. This will help calm your nerves and it also projects ª very confident image. Above all, Pray for God'§ assistance.
    G

PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!! Practice alone. Practice with a friend. a group of pals even. find out which pose and depth of voice and body language makes you look most confident. act like it and you'll be it. take DEEP breaths b4 answering questions. no need to rush your answers. visualise over and over what interviews will go like b4 the actual interviews and prepare answers. above all, PRACTICE! PRACTICE!! PRACTICE!!!
    !

I was previously in ur shoes but currently am coming out of it by God's grace.

Firstly, u ve 2 learn 2 look into peoples eyes cos dis really helped me. Start it even wiv ur friends and people around u.

Also learn 2 read books on interview cos it has really helped me. For example d IEC interview booklet.

Above all talk 2 God about it, he said while we yet speak he answers.

luckygab e'body gets nervous the first few mins and then you should begin to relax, work on your self confidence as oluwagbemiga says believe you are the best person for the job and thats why you have been called secondly just as you are eager to get it, so also are they eager to get the right person 2, practice, practice and practice again, anticipate questions, learn all you can about the coy/org, when it gets hot, i advice you ask politely for the question to be repeated, take a deep breath b4 you answer questions, try to calm your nerves, finally Pray hard

Thanks alot guyz for ur prayers and advise, i'm really very greatful to u guyz, cos this issue has been a major problem to me.. i'm often confident of mysef cos i prepare mysef very well b4 any interview, but the moment i'm ushered that sit i just lose control and questions i know i wud have answered better i start having short reasoning due to nervousness...but all the same guyz, thanks alot i'll do all u have said.
    Thanks!

Basically, when you are prepared, you stand a better chance answering those questions. Arm yourself with responses to common interview questions such as: Tell me about yourself?; where do you see yourself in the next five years? etc. Give your answers to some of your intellectual friends to help you cross check them. Rehearse them with demonstrations so that you don't sound rehearsed. You can start your rehearsals today so that you don't begin to run out of time when the time comes.

+ Reply