+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes

Topic: Kpmg test failed

MIB
    With great pleasure and delight, am happy to be writing something also on this issue, I think, the basic steps to passing a test that has worked for me. over time, am a fresh graduate thou, completed service this year march, I have don 3 test, 1 interview and hve passed dem all, I have neva studied Gmat or keplan or whatever they call it in my life. This is my little secret, 1st, I pray to God, that he should give me wisdom, understanding, directions and calmness of the spirit nxt I seek from pple hw they did the exams, what was asked, their flaws and what steps can I take when am writing mine, in summary I gather all the information necessary so that I wont be caught unaware finally I reminisce on IT. jst like hollaback said, there is a huge difference btw Brillance, Intelligence and been Smart, 90% of naija graduate are brillant 10% are intelligent, thats why u will find a 1st class or 2:1 failing a cheap logical test while a 2:2 will pass it... So in summary my advice is that we seek God x5 and then try to get informed x1 then we preprare our self with the info we get.. Thank
    gzl and josiah1 like this.

Re: Kpmg test failed

dis no be consolation forum ooo. Air your lamentations on twitter

gzl

Quote Originally Posted by maxzyprince View Post
    Wrote kpmg's test alongside abt 29 others today @ thier head office and only two scaled thru...I dnt know how these things keep happening buh i am beginning to think i am dumb..written so many test buh keep failing dem and my dreams ar slipping away...buh then again,the test ar always simple yet,i keep failing..and d annoying thing is everyone keeps saying u ar "intelligent" and i say to myself "u can't pass jst a common test so wats d intelligence" .
    Feel like crying buh dat wuldn't solve anything..with dis outcome,one question keeps coming to my mind "does it mean i will never get dat dream job?".....SO SAD!
    @maxzyprince: after reading thru ur post, I could not just resist but had to drop a comment.
    Firstly I need to let you know (if u don't know already) that failure is actually a prerequiste for success. If you ask most of the people who r seen as successful today, they'll definitely have at least one story of a time when they encountered failure in the course of their journey to success. I personally have stories of my past failures, a few I would like to share with you.
    My first ever aptitude test was actually that of KPMG sumetime in Feb 2009, I took the test with about 50 other candidates and only 8 of us passed. I actually topped with the highest score. This was while I was still serving (NYSC).
    My first test after NYSC was that of Friesland Campina (conducted by WORKFORCE) which I failed woefully. I was actually broken and felt very bad about it, but I didn't give up. I however learnt a lesson from it about how exactly WORKFORCE set their questions. This I was able to put into use when I later took HONEYWELL test which was also then conducted by WORKFORCE. I passed the test and got almost to the final stage.
    Other tests which I have taken (and failed) in my short career life include: MOBIL MPN (failed twice [1 Trainee Engr and 1 Networking Positions]), SHELL (failed twice), BRISTOW HELICOPTERS (failed twice [1 for Pilot and 1 for Aircraft Engr]), STANDARD CHARTTERED BANK (failed), FLOURMILLS (failed [Networking experienced position]), NNPC (failed), FRIESLAND CAMPINA (failed).
    Those which I passed (at 1st attempt) include: P&G, HONEYWELL, TOTAL, CADBURY, GSK, KPMG, GLO/CONOIL, SIGNAL ALLIANCE, etc (just to mention a few).
    And most of these which I passed, I actually got to their final stages.
    Note that this is not to boast or brag, but just to let you know that you need to (and must) learn from your failures and then leverage on the experience(s) you get out of them. It's not about just being Brilliant or Intelligent, but you must be Smart. You must Practise, Practise, Practise, and keep Practising. And most importantly, put your trust in God only and in no man cos man will eventually fail you. But God is ever faithful, ever sure.

As someone already advised you, you need to sharpen your Numerical aptitude skills cos personally that is my greatest strength in aptitude tests. Also, master the concepts of different kinds of test formats such as GMAT, GSE, SHL, etc. and as well investigate to know about some hidden rules that could apply such as Negative marking, etc.

I wish you all the best bro. SUCCESS.
    "You don't win the Silver, You only lose the Gold"...ENGR-GENERAL OF THE FEDERATION (1ST)

Gzl u r d man

We nigerians, we develop best ways to pass aptitude tests and start working, all our life, for someone. We actually feel great about the fact that we were able to pass through the so-called rigorous recruitment processes of these great companies, but fail to remind ourselves that most of these companies were started by individuals; people like you and I. Most of them were not even as smart as we have become, but they simply didn't want to work for anybody. They wanted people to work for them. Imagine the stress job seekers pass through to get employed by any of Dangote's companies, and when we finally get the job, we boast of being brilliant or smart. 'Monkey de work barboon de chop' I know you guys will frown at my comment but sometimes we have to expose the truth. Perhaps it is time we concentrated our efforts on getting something done for ourselves alone and stop thinking and stressing, most of the time putting pressure on the brain, about how to pass aptitude tests and interviews. What about health implications? We demand too much from the brain but we don't nourish it back.
    josiah1 likes this.

maxyzprince, pls dont get discourage i once feel like you but i believe you can still pass test is just that passing of test is beyond your ability... just keep the faith and soon you will start having success story like me, look i wrote Dragnet test like six time before i pass my first dragnet test to mention but a few, so just keep faith my guy
    dejino007 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ifeolukotun View Post
    We nigerians, we develop best ways to pass aptitude tests and start working, all our life, for someone. We actually feel great about the fact that we were able to pass through the so-called rigorous recruitment processes of these great companies, but fail to remind ourselves that most of these companies were started by individuals; people like you and I. Most of them were not even as smart as we have become, but they simply didn't want to work for anybody. They wanted people to work for them. Imagine the stress job seekers pass through to get employed by any of Dangote's companies, and when we finally get the job, we boast of being brilliant or smart. 'Monkey de work barboon de chop' I know you guys will frown at my comment but sometimes we have to expose the truth. Perhaps it is time we concentrated our efforts on getting something done for ourselves alone and stop thinking and stressing, most of the time putting pressure on the brain, about how to pass aptitude tests and interviews. What about health implications? We demand too much from the brain but we don't nourish it back.
    There are no general formulas. not everyone gets to own a company. and not everyone get to work all their life. that's a choice that is becoming increasingly unpopular. besides, for some, this is one way to get capital to start sth up on their own. but your point is fair. there are other ways we can apply ourselves to make a good living rather than jostle for jobs that take more from you than they give you. that said, pls dont stop thinking!
    Aal izz well...

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123