+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: JOBS 'N' AGE LIMITS

JOBS 'N' AGE LIMITS

Good day to everybody in the house. I discovered time waits for nobody. Now that I am getting older, organisations no longer call me for tests nor interviews. I'm fed-up and down emotionally. WHAT CAN I DO?
    We shall get there in jesus name.

Re: JOBS 'N' AGE LIMITS

i really feel your plight my brother. the best thing that can be done is to take the burden and place at the foot of God,i assure u,it would definitely be solved

@ Midealabi.
    U don't need to let that weigh you down... Just pray harder, who knows, you may be lucky @ a time you never expect. You could try starting up a business of your own... What do you think?

The age and job issue is really a problem in Nigeria. We are victims of the society. Let me paint a picture for you here. To secure an admission, may take you up to three years, let's say you are 18 at that time. After the waiting is over, you finally find out you are 21. If you are lucky enough to spend just 4 or 5 years in the University, I'm forgetting ASUP and ASUU unpredictable strike actions. You finally graduate at 25+ or -1 years. Remember the almighty NYSC. If you get lucky, to be drafted the same year, you'll finish at 26, by that time you are already 2 years older than what Access Bank will take. Now to make the story sweeter, you start looking for a job, which most times proves very ellusive. The first year passes, you are now 27 (too old for a lot of firms in 9ja). It's really is a conundrum. But I have to offer a disclaimer here, we still have many 19year old graduates here filling in the 24 year age limit positions :P

...but I still see light at the end of the tunnel...what do you see?

...but I still see light at the end of the tunnel...what do you see?

Quote Originally Posted by Tall Chic
    @ Midealabi.
    U don't need to let that weigh you down... Just pray harder, who knows, you may be lucky @ a time you never expect.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiboyo
    i really feel your plight my brother. the best thing that can be done is to take the burden and place at the foot of God,i assure u,it would definitely be solved
    When ever someone tells us of challenges they r having or problems they r going thru we r always so fast to tell them to pray or fast. That is not bad but the problem is that we have absolutely no idea how much prayer and fasting the person has already done. Or the number of Night vigils, miracle crusades, breakthrough services that they have already attended.

@Midealabi
    With man it might be impossible but with God nothing is impossible. Man proposes, God disposes. God has the final say. find out what God has already given u, therein lies ur glorious destiny. God has already given all u need 2 survive on this earth.

17th Wonder of the World

Hi Guyz..........

I feel evry1 a great deal, buh letz not forget d fact dt....yeah an employer cld put an age limit.....shld we go ahead and put a limit 2 ourselves too?

My own candid advise is....if for instance, we av an advert dt sayz age limit 27....I bet u...if sm1 of age 28, 29 or even 30 sends his/her cv.....wiv d right qualifications (experiences somtyms)...he/she wld be shortlisted......so I beckon dt u guyz shld try same.....(Talking from experience, cuz I work in a recruiting firm)....

Then we all wld definitely c d mighty hand of God.....I blv we shld keep tryn....most tymz, employers c dt even d supposed candidates (witin d age) perform below expectation....snc they r not matured @ heart.....

So Guyz, I urge u all not 2 mind d age limit and go 4 wot u want.....(all d same, i'm not saying wen u c an advert of age limit 23/24.....sm1 of age 28-30 shld submit)....we shld be able to read in between d lines...so 4 an advert of any age limit......2 - 3 yrs allowance above the specified age is allowed.

Takia evry1 & Take Charge......

I actually think the private universities are adding to the problems too.In a case where students in private universities that have carry overs will wait behind during their holidays(wen others have gone home),pay some money and rewrite those courses they failed to prevent extra year or any other form of delay compared to government universities where u dont have a choice than to wait till the following session to re-write carry over courses.And on the other hand private universities dont strike so u can get a graduate of 20yrs compared to government universities. All the same u dont need to be down emotionally about that.with God all things are possible.I believe God has d best plans for you but meanwhile just keep applying and also think of a low capital business you can do that will bring in something.u never can tell God could use that avenue to bless you more than your expectations that u could even become an employer. Access bank has always been a crazy bank from time.at a time they dont take graduates from state universities except federal universities.wen other banks were using 28yrs age limit,they were using 26yrs.i guess they have reduced it to 24yrs again.conclusively,they want graduates from private universities.

+ Reply