+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: INVITED FOR INTERVIEW ABROAD

INVITED FOR INTERVIEW ABROAD

I have been invited for an interview outside the country by one of the worlds development banks (dont ask the name) they will foot the whole bill. But i currently work in one 9jas leading banks. my dilema r as follows;

1. how can i pull this off, u know how 9ja bank work is, and my job there is not yet guaranteed its just an interview

2. Guys please provide me with the best excuse to skip work for at least 3 days

3. its a pity MNC's in 9ja always make jobseekers in 9ja foot their bills in the name aptitude test and interviews which are not flexible and cunducted in just one centre in the whole country.

guys pls i need constructive contribution ASAP

Re: INVITED FOR INTERVIEW ABROAD

Quote Originally Posted by BIGER BOY
    I have been invited for an interview outside the country by one of the worlds development banks (dont ask the name) they will foot the whole bill. But i currently work in one 9jas leading banks. my dilema r as follows;

1. how can i pull this off, u know how 9ja bank work is, and my job there is not yet guaranteed its just an interview

2. Guys please provide me with the best excuse to skip work for at least 3 days

3. its a pity MNC's in 9ja always make jobseekers in 9ja foot their bills in the name aptitude test and interviews which are not flexible and cunducted in just one centre in the whole country.

guys pls i need constructive contribution ASAP
    -can the interview be rescheduled for you to suit you. say maybe weekend.
    - explain your dilemma to the prospective employer if need be.
    -if they are footing the bill, the job is almost assured.
    - fear not take the risk but don't loose ya job.

ITS ON A WEEKEND SATURDAY PRECISELY. BUT DEFINITELY I WILL HAVE TO LEAVE A DAY OR FEW DAYS EARLIER...U KNOW

@ OP, i suggest you form ill and resume work with a note from a doctor, its no big deal.

I think the fact that they offered to fund ur trip is a good sign... I wish you success.
    May God grant all our heart desires.

Nets

U myt as wel seek casual leave 4rm ur curent job if d 'ill-health' xcuse'l not b 2 convincin

Guy make sure they send ur ticket b4 u go o. I mean the T fair for the trip.

SCAM pure scam.bet me, its a scam, but if u can play along and collect ticket and some other things from them but please ans please dont give them your International Passprt

Everything about this invitation is a scam. I don't believe the writer n if its true he was trully invited then he should run

Peepoooh ....let's jst stop kallin everytn scam ...it might nt b scam and if its a scam its very well planned ... Since dey r offering 2 foot d bills give it a shot ... If u kal in sick at wrk evn for a week dey cnt sack u ... 2 sack nor b easy tin lik dah na ... Xcpt u r a contract staff or uv bn stabbing wrk ...it has 2 com frm d head office ... Ur branch jst recommends it and dey'l ? into ur records right frm ur training skool ... And tlkn about ur passport ... Ur passport is nt useful for anybdy xcppt u ... Nobdy can use ur international passport for anythng in 2011, if it ws in dose days whn dey dnt finger prints nw ehn ehn ... All d best man

Thanks 4 d advice guys, but any more excuses with a different but reasonable perspective apart from sickness.

And 4 d guys who call it scam- na una sabi. Because:
    1 the bank is a global bank, if I call their name every1 will recognise it (but I won't)
    2 I did a phone interview, online test, and now they r inviting me to their HQ.
    3 they ask me to pick up my visa and an e ticket at their embassy.

So guys please rather than pointing fingers please give me more ideas, time is fast approaching. And I need a valid story to tell at work. Thanks 4 d advice so far.

@ poster: wow this is a real opportunity coated with a whole lot of risk but you know what they say no risk...no reward. Just make sure u take a calculated risk ok....cos believe me in life we r all at risk....u cant truly eliminate risks.
    And dont mind dat guy saying its a scam....na im be 'd scam'.

Na wa oh! Fear of the unkown!! thats why Nigeria is the way it is

I think you should go for the interview.... No job security in the Nigerian Banking sector

@Biger Boy, your situation is not as precarious as you think it is, all that you need to do is to employ the best of your interpersonal relations skills. Talk to your immediate supervisor (thought this depends on how big your branch is) if it is a very small branch then talk to your HOP and explain your situation to him/her, I assure you s/he will be understanding and provide a level of cover for you. If the person however refuses, just grab your ticket and go for your interview, the worst is that you will get a query, life is about taking calculated risk and for me this opportunity is worth the risk. Since u will be away for three days there is no need to lie because you will be found out. Just employ the best of PR and interpersonal skills and it will work, trust me I have been there before. I wish you luck and God’s speed. cheers

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast