+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Intercontinent Bank advice 350 staff to resign.

Intercontinent Bank advice 350 staff to resign.

Intercontinental bank asked 350 bankwide to resign their appointment with immediate effect in Dec-2010. Most of the officer are said to be key officers and hard working officers of the bank. Knowing fully well that most of the branches are shortstaff after the tsunami of Dec-2009 and officers had no choice but to combine more that 2 job functions to ensure service delivery is perfect, with that the bank still experienced service failure in branches. Now the bank still believe some staff can be asked to resign. Quality of services had started showing with long queues on ATM during the new year holidays and more still expected after resumption of banking services this new year. If not for the fighting spirit of the staff affected in Dec-2009 they wouldn't have paid the officers involved. With the way the officers were adviced to resign i doubt if the bank is willing to pay them off. The world is watching the bank with keen interest. They said the bank is happy bank but staff are overworked and sad.

f

Re: Intercontinent Bank advice 350 staff to resign.

It's so pathetic, I was a staff of the bank but after the August 14 2009 saga i had to leave becos i knew the bank had lost it's base but i really feel for some the staff affected. Though some of them really dasearve to go but a quite number of them are hard working, particully my branch HOP & FT officer, it's a pity they too were affected.

i tink we have to pray for those remain there as staff and also advice them to put one IN and one leg OUT cox the bank can collapse any moment from now.
    f

asked to resign? don't know about that. what i do know is that after the mass sacking of december 2009 a few peopel were recalled, interns were just recently converted to full staff to fill the serious man power shortage gaps and that on december 31st 2010 653 were promoted while 171 were sacked

http://www.worldstagegroup.com/world...63&active=news
    Intercontinental Bank promotes 653, sacks 171

Lagos (WorldStage Newsonline)-- Intercontinental Bank Plc on Friday announced the promotion of 653 members of staff in recognition of their hard work.

Also, 171 employees were said to have been disengaged based on poor performance and disciplinary issues.

In a statement, the bank said the promotion exercise cuts across all departments and grades and is significant in the sense that it was the first to be conducted after the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) intervention in August 2009.

A significant portion of the top management of the bank left the lenders late last year.

The bank said the latest promotion was to reward outstanding performance especially those who had worked hard to ensure the progress and stability of the bank.

Intercontinental Bank is one of the 10 banks rescued by the Central Bank of Nigeria in 2008 when its management was sacked and replaced, while N620 billion was injected into the banking system.

The bank has since return to profitability while its recapitalisation plans are been awaited.

+ Reply