+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: IMO/OHAKIM JOB RESULT RELEASED!LOGIN AND CHECK UR SCORE!PASSMARK IS 40% AND ABOVE.

Re: IMO/OHAKIM JOB RESULT RELEASED!LOGIN AND CHECK UR SCORE!PASSMARK IS 40% AND ABOVE.

house i got an info from an imo state govt worker(an insider) dat those who got from 50% AND ABOVE WILL BE given employment witout interview process but those within 40 and 49 will be interviewed.this info can be reliable becos in the imo state site,it is said that d initial cut off was 50% making only 6000 plus to pass the exam.then it was reduced to 40% before the number cld increase to 12000 plus out of 19000 plus that took the exam.i tink those above 50% shld be merit.u can verify urself

Re: IMO/OHAKIM JOB RESULT RELEASED!LOGIN AND CHECK UR SCORE!PASSMARK IS 40% AND ABOVE.

@eras2okafor , really hope it works as u posted :-)
    i

Shegzee, How are you so sure of what you are saying? If this Ohakim job for youths stuff works out, i wonder what ghis critics will have to say...

i sent somebody to the civil service as we wr required.the info on their notice board is that they will make the interview news public via the media...i hope they shld be doing sth by now...and they shld be fast about that if they are realy serious at all

IMO GOVT SHORT-LISTS 12,360 APPLICANTS FOR 10,000 JOB INTERVIEW
    Posted: 25-Jun-2010 [14:37:56]

Imo govt short-lists 12,360 applicantsA total of 12,360 Imo youths who got the required 50 percent pass mark are to attend oral interview within the next two weeks for the 10,000 new jobs created by the Imo Government to reduce the unemployment rate in the Eastern Heartland.

The project director, Imo Job centre Prof. Obioma Iheduru stated this in a chat with newsmen yesterday Thursday 24th June 2010 at the Owerri office of the Centre.

Prof. Iheduru refuted the notion circulated in the local media that only 13 applicants were successful in the aptitude test conducted by the consulting firm to the centre, KPMG but stressed that a total of 12,360 candidates which is equivalent to 65 percent of the 19,642 that sat for the test passed at 40 percent pass mark allotted as requirement in conformity with what holds in most educated institutions in Nigeria.

According to the result made available to the newsmen with 50 percent benchmark suggested by the consulting company KPMG about 6,071 would have missed out but the Executive Council sat and had a look at the results before deciding that 40 percent should be the benchmark.

I called this gathering to clarify this erroneous impression that only 13 candidates passed the aptitude test conducted by KPMG in a consulting company.

The 10,000 new jobs is for real. The Executive Governor of Imo State Chief Ikedi Ohakim had during the stakeholders meeting had on 2nd January 2010 stated that he was lifting the embargo on and that he would employ 10,000 Imo people. The Governor is serious with what he said. The result of the aptitude test conducted on 22nd may 2010 is out and a total of 19,642 Imo Youths took part in the examination while 12,360 candidates were successful. The state executive had a look at the results and decided that 40 percent should be the benchmark just like what is obtainable in most universities in Nigeria and other educational institution which use 40 percent as cut off mark.

There has been some skepticism by the general public that the government was trying to swindle them. They also said that there was no place for the 10,000 applicants at all. It is untrue the 10,000 jobs are for both the civil service and public service. The public service otherwise called teaching further split into two with each having 2,500 workforces. The State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) and Secondary Education Management.

Board (SEMB) will both have 2,500 Imolites each in the two while the remaining 5,000 Imo youths will be placed in the Civil Service.

The former University don however added that the oral Interview and the eventual recruitment of the successful 10,000 Imo youths will be conducted by the Civil Service Commission whose duty is to do that as enshrined in the Law.

He nonetheless added the technical committee setup to look at the result submitted by KPMG headed by Catholic bishop of Ahiazu Mbaise Rt. Rev. V. A Chikwe and with him as secretary will do a thorough job to ensure merit serves as the main criterion for the choice of the eventual 10,000 people that will get the jobs.

He affirmed that the technical committee will soon determine the criteria; the technical committee will be guided by merit and other considerations like LGA’s spread among others.

Prof. Iheduru admonished the applicants that sat for the last aptitude test to proceed to the internet to check their result stating there is no secrecy in the whole process.

The project director in all stated that he was convinced that the successful 10,000 candidate should start collecting their appointment letters in the next one month or there about.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12