+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: I want to file a lawsuit!

Re: I want to file a lawsuit!

@Monell; I really feel sympathetic on your issue. What I wanna tell you is that; By God's grace, no human can stop what is yours. With regards to the law suit, in UK or Ameruca u could win but here in Naija, it could be a different ball game (any goes). I bet, if you get a good lawyer, u could win the case.

Go for it abeg,what nonsense,thats how in 2010 hon bankole passed a bill,which stated that 3rd class n pass graudates shld be given a chance still yet they still use minimum of 2.2 in there own requirement. What kind of country is this,please file a law suit you will win. My only concern is that i hope you have proof?

First, u need to gather evidence. The way judgement works is beyond every reasonable doubt your right was trampled upon or abused. In this scenario, you seem to be abused! Therefore, do a mail to the a Human Resource Manager of the organisation narrating your ordeal appealing for them to look into your case. You luck will shine if they give you a reply confirming their stance on age!

That you will present to the court to nail them totally. But my fear is that you won't receive any reply from them. However, you can still sue them just to drag their feet in the mud for mudslinging you. Goodluck. I really wish you do it. You will go down in history and could just bring the change needed in the employment zone. These are cases developed country's citizens shine by.

@monell! I was close to tears after reading this long and very insightful piece. I share your thoughts and sentiments. First, i would advice you make your grievances known to the organization in question by writing to them before taking any legal action. But then, its very pertinent and appropriate to seek legal advice on this issue. You have a very good case to fight. And i'm willing to join you in this course. I will share this with my lawyer friends. I think its high time the federal government looked into this age factor of a thing! Its not just right in a country where over 90% of her population is grossly unemployed.
    My brother i second the move to file a law suit against this inhuman act. Why didnt they stop you in the first stage of the recruitment exercise knowing full well that you're above the age specification having tenderd your birth cert. Only to stop you after scaling through the hurddles and just a stone throw to getting the job. So sad.

Here's my take: Do not file any lawsuit.

I agree, it's pathetic & devastating. However, u need to quit being emotional & move on constructively. Life is unfair...get used to it! People who make the most out of it don't whine and cry about this or that! They don't waste precious time trying to balance scales they don't have access to.

Polish ur shoes, dryclean ur suit, practice ur gmat & shl...keep applying! Ur job is yet to come!

One love.

as much as im tempted to pat ur back n say 'RIDE ON', rem ds an org wit more resources dan u (even if we al contribute moni), so i beg u, just let it go (i know it not right n d statement is discoraging), beta tinz wld come ur way and u wld b happier.

That u were not screen out, based on ur age, during d first stage of d recruitment may not be a point dat wud be of help at law court.
    I think dat d company wud make advert stating dia minimum requirement.
    Dia is no ignorance in law.
    It will be better to make noise dat is worth it.
    I will advice dat u mail all email(as many as u can get) of d personnel of d organization & appeal dat they luk into ur situation.
    U may narrate ur experience in national daily,& include ur contact info. Who knows who may assist?

Nigerians!!! When are you going to realize your human rights. I wld advise you to go through Chapter 2 n 4 of your constitution den u wld realize this can be enforced. It is a human rights issue and it is better as a class action; where pple who have bin discriminated cos of dier age file a human rights suit together at d same court, so that a decision on dis matter can b resolved once and for all.
    Good enof wth d new Human rights act you can also enforce rights in the African charter and the UNDHR. So go thru dem too.
    Bt if u wanna move on, move on. For me I dnt take human rights issues lightly because I am a lawyer.
    N pls always endeavour to use ur fone to record evidences where necessary. Try to obtain evidence.

The issues i could pinpoint from this case are: 1. ''Monell's'' resolute to make a noise on this policy even when he won't win the case. 2.The challenges of a Nigerian youth. 3.Our unfavorable political and economic system. 4. Our resolute as Nigerian youth to make it to the top despite the challenges and our faith in GOD.

MY OPINION
    1.Your resolute to make ''a noise'' on this policy is 100% on course and sincerely the support you will have on this case will be overwhelming. But have it at the back of your mind that you as a person do not have a case against the company. So the issue should be how this will change the organizational policies that affect us. There are so many other unfavorable policies but you know just one.

2.The challenges a typical Nigerian youth passes through to make it to the top besides connection is herculean. But this is what defines our uniqueness. This is what makes us survive in other part of the globe with little or no stress. I can't exchange my nigerian citizenship with that of U.S, even if a reward of $10m is added to it.

3.Our political system is what you can't comprehend unless you are in it. Although the case might later be killed but you must have made a point before then.

4.Finally,Our strength is God. Being a 1st class in life (not in certificate) is not dependent on where you work, it's who you are. Excellence can't be bought, it's a virtue and a lifestyle. Don't allow the pursuit of this case to deviate you from your destination in life. It a matter of time and with God, the starting point will be the sky. GOODLUCK.

Hi Monell,I think you are a great writer and a very intelligent soul.Nothing in this world can take that away from you.
    Boston Legal is the wittiest legal drama ever.Alan Shore and Denny Crane make you wish you were an absurd lawyer.
    I say let's file a class action suit and run them out business.If you've ever faced discrimination on the basis of age and can back it up with facts,sign up and let's shake 'em up!

in nigeria, the courts may not help. I wuld rather u go through our media especially our newspapers. Try to find out writers/columnists who know their onions. Acquint yourself with them and then tell your story. Ensure that you name "names" whilst hitting the nail in the head. It was a personal, yet painful experience. So i suggest you spit it all out. It could serve as a deterrent to other companies and who knows, what you think may be small noise could turn out a national issue that could be properly addressed. So my advice in summary: get a fearless social critic writer in a good newspaped, and your sadness coulc be abated halfway.

Nigeria is a lawless country, so don't be carried away......think CLASS ACT
    ..Diff btw here and there is "T". T for time

He shld give a try. No harm in doing so. But my concern is; other coys shld not "mark you" against any job offer you wld ever apply. In all, go to court.....

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12