+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I need your counsel, pleaseeeee

I need your counsel, pleaseeeee

I work in a one-man business organisation where i earn about 50k monthly. The owner of the company is proving too possessive, that he would not just allow me

30 mins off work, not even on saturdays. And this is seriously affecting my chance of getting better offer, as i can't even find time to attend aptitude test/

interviews.

I don't just know what to do. The 50k is not enough to take care of my financial needs, no time for personal development/ leisure, late departure from work, no

time to run any business of my own.

But i am afraid of quitting, since i have no other job waiting.

Please advise me on what to do.

Re: I need your counsel, pleaseeeee

If U feel like quitting, its Ur choice. I dont thnk any job seeker will advice U not 2 quit.
    Infact, they shld even ask U 2hook them up wt Ur employer so that when U go, they will fill up d space.
    Dont U know dat...
    "A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush?? But in Nigeria, it is worth 15 in the bush.

If U feel like quitting, its Ur choice. I dont thnk any job seeker will advice U not 2 quit.
    Infact, they shld even ask U 2hook them up wt Ur employer so that when U go, they will fill up d space.
    Dont U know dat...
    "A bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush?? But in Nigeria, it is worth 15 in the bush.

@Sholadele: a one-man business? Monday through saturday?? No chance to write scheduled tests or attend interviews

My advice: when next u get an invite for a test or interview, go for it! Don't be afraid of being reprimanded. Remember, if u don't take d risk, u'll remain where u are.

Quote Originally Posted by sholadele View Post
    I work in a one-man business organisation where i earn about 50k monthly. The owner of the company is proving too possessive, that he would not just allow me

30 mins off work, not even on saturdays. And this is seriously affecting my chance of getting better offer, as i can't even find time to attend aptitude test/

interviews.

I don't just know what to do. The 50k is not enough to take care of my financial needs, no time for personal development/ leisure, late departure from work, no

time to run any business of my own.

But i am afraid of quitting, since i have no other job waiting.

Please advise me on what to do.
    Guy, all i can say is dat u need 2 b ready 2 take risk; remember u'r not sent 2 skol bcos of his company n he never knew how u even go 2 skol, but dont 4get also dat he his d 1 feeding u 4 now so he deserve some respect. When next u av an aptitude test or interview schedule, ma broda u need 2 wast no time, try 2 attend those i know u will b able 2 attend. Actually, u can tell u boss anytime u know u will not b available, i know this will compell u 2 lie, but u should also know how 2 play ur cards. I realy understand with u, cos i was 1c in that same size of shoe 4rm oct 2009 tru oct 2011. Big bro, if u r thinking of resigning..............heennnnnnn it's not easy ooo, cos am a leaving wittness n i av a story 2 tell, bcos God has being faithfull. I would av love 2 shear some words with u bor mine is a long story n it's complicated, cos i was not working for 1 man business but an UNORGANISE ORGANISATION where i noticed that i will alway remain in 1 place.

half loaf is better than chinchin so I wont advise you to resign and sit at home! all the same I would say go for your next test or interview all the same. change is constant.

My dear dnt even think of dt, jst be were u are 4nw. Life is in phases, i'm working in a one man business bt dt wil nt stp mi 4rm attending going for any test or interview. U jst have 2play ur card very well, learn to cook better lies dt will nt boost. U jst hv 2 take d bull by d horn, dnt eva think of leaving were u are 4nw till u gt a beta place. 50k is nt a big money or a small money, bt remenber dats ur source of Joy at d end of every month. Millions of graduate are out there, moving from one office to d orda. Ur nt beta than them, jst d grace and favour of God. Remenber without test there will be no testimony. Use ur head oh!

Next time when you have a TEST / INTERVIEW you can tell ur Boss that are a bit INDISPOSED

Whenever u have a test or an interview, u can come to the office, and run to the toilet every 5mins and tell ur boss that u have runny stomach. And that he shud pls allow u go home. Other times, you simply tell him you're indisposed as someone else has said. But my broda don't leave ur job o except u have somewhere else.
    Learn to lie, if u run out of lies, send me a PM, I'll get sth for u to say. *big smile* Goodluck. Don't leave ur job shaa ooo.

Really appreciate d love nd uniqueness in this house. Thanks so mch 4 d advice given so far 2 this fellow. Let d love kip flowinggggg.

Really appreciate d love nd uniqueness in this house. Thanks so mch 4 d advice given so far 2 this fellow. Let d love kip flowinggggg.

Quote Originally Posted by amhakaa View Post
    Whenever u have a test or an interview, u can come to the office, and run to the toilet every 5mins and tell ur boss that u have runny stomach. And that he shud pls allow u go home. Other times, you simply tell him you're indisposed as someone else has said. But my broda don't leave ur job o except u have somewhere else.
    Learn to lie, if u run out of lies, send me a PM, I'll get sth for u to say. *big smile* Goodluck. Don't leave ur job shaa ooo.
    So sweet & funny but nice one!

Quote Originally Posted by Winnyfreda View Post
    Dont U know dat...
    Aha! i can't but help laughin "u're right" i second u

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast