+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Glo Temp Job Phase 2

Glo Temp Job Phase 2

Welcome to the phase 2 of the glo temp job. I wasn't laid off but yesterday, i was hinted by my shop manager that my name has been recommended to join the sales canvasser team in Lagos 1 zone based on my KPI. But what is really confusing me is that, are we going to remain on this temp platform or converted to permanent staff (I mean getting employment letter & other stuffs) cos how can you want to lay someone off and give a better opportuinity as an option. Glo needs to be questioned on that properly before we fall into trap 2.

Also at this juncture, i need serious help. I already got an employment from a private firm (1man biz) with an annual gross pay of N850k as a sales manager and now glo is also considering me for sales canvasser position but dont know the platform yet. I was planning to resume with the private firm in Jan but now, i am totally confused. Pls housemates, help me out, who should i take? Confirmed private job or undetermined glo job?

Re: Glo Temp Job Phase 2

why not continue with ur old one.althou if d pay is ok then the sky is ur limit.

hmmm one man business. well i also consider glo to be another kind of man business where u do not have job security also. i will advise u pray and let the spirit of God guide your heart.
    J

d

...such is difficult 2 analyse by sm1 outside d personal experience based on available info presented above. But jobs carry similar risk of "uncertainty of d end" as per 1man biz n temp offer. It should den b analysed in terms of prospects, pay, experience 2 b acquired, risks, transportatn, accommodatn, coy profile (glo is obvious bt d 1man biz? U know beta)...d phase 2 of glo offer, does it've an end date? D 1man biz doesn't (at least 2 d best of 1's knowledge)...bt in all one is d best boss of himself. While u pray on d matter, think also, ur options r best known 2 u...we know little...cheers

Career minded

If you are tired of being an employee,If you are looking for an opportunity to work and still have time for yourself then this is for you.

We need the services of career minded Nigerians those who have Good Communication skills, those who want to develop their themselves while they work and those who want to Earn Good money .

NBpportunities to travel outside the shore of this Country also abound.If this write up means anything to you .text your Name,qualification and location To 08039162906 for interview and briefing details.this opportunity is strictly for lagos residents only

Brace, Chitex125 and differ. Thanks a lot. Ur suggestions are wonderful. As par the analysed criteria, i will certainly prefer a more structured environment than a less structured one. 1 man biz thing is really crap. I've worked in similar capacity for more than a year and it doesn't make any difference in my life. But i think glo has a better pay than the latter but doesn't have good staff coordination but nontheless, your job is being appreciated on your performance unlike the other that makes different decisions everyday with lesser and monitored pay. In every aspect, i prefer glo but the point is, should i leave a certain job for an uncertain job

So Good 2 hv anoda topic like dis. Well debhular,i'll advise u hold on to Globacom Nig. From d grapevine, i heard we wil soon b absorbd. I think wht we nid do is prayer. Howeva,lets kp on workin hard. God dey.

Mr.debuhlar,glo can give u 125k/month IF u r converted.
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

Betadays, agalimojo, the pioneer of the house, i've been waiting for ur comments. I expect more advise from u, ar u saying i shld keep on banking on glo? This info was from my shop manager alone and no one else knows anything about this info in the whole head office. But last month, i was able to discuss with the head of marketing communications who pays our salary and Melvin Utche, the technical guy we export our systems to and the answers they gave me is that this job will continue until we say we are no longer interested. So, im sure to some extent that there's no hope for conversion on this job and yet see me with an employment letter of another small company as a manager. Lmao, i'm so confused!

@ debuhlar,u cn nt b convertd onces u r in glo temp job.a frnd in d managerial level advice me nt 2 aply den cose glo dont convert den afta contract is ova dey r lay off.so d choice is urs btw glo temp job or 1man bizs.best of luck as u decide

Please I will advice that u pray and hear from God before making the choice. I can only advice that with glo u stand a chance of getting a better job in future, I mean glo will add value to ur cv

@debhular,if i were in ur shoes i'll go 4 Globacom. I'm so sure Glo wil absorb most pple in sales b4 Feb. U can also pray 2 God 4 direction.
    4 me,i luv d job though its stressful,challengin & insultin with less pay.

i blief glo is far beta than any oda 1 man business u can ever imagine. i wish i hav a chance!
    [email protected]

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast