+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Topic: GLO TEMP JOB

How Pathetic!!

Guys, what are ur views now dat airtel has reacted to Glo infinito? Here in Borno, our target used 2b 1,000 sims per mnth, not until 3 days bck dat GBD reviewd the target to 3*, it's becoming crazy, but i know nature has a way of fixing this.

Re: GLO TEMP JOB

3* SIM's is crazy. Are u talking about 3* activated SIM's or just flat sale?
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

If you guys know whats good for you, you had better not relent on your job scouting cos glo does not have any concrete plans for you guys. I have friends who have been doing this glo thing for more than a year now and all glo has been doing is posting them. It was all sweet talk when they started, you'll be converted in three months if u meet target, salary increase....bla, bla, bla. Its more than a year now and no show. There are even guys who have masters and experience and who meets targets ( at least most times) and are yet to be converted.

In simple terms, donnt bank on this glo job and at the same time, donnt let go off it for no good reason. Have you asked yourself how this job has impacted on you both personally and career-wise? All im saying is that if you ever get a chance at a better job (not necessarily a better paying one, but something more professional) donnt hesitate to jump ship!!! Forget the name, you are no different than a salesman (forgive my resentment, but thats the truth)
    A

@9jakid, ur points are noted. No one is banking on Glo. This is a stop-gap kinda job. And what's wrong with being a Salesman? It's d pay that counts, not d title!
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

Bros, activatin (not sellin) 3000 sims in a month no b beans o(laughing). Even d best in my state no fit hit 1200 under one month & i'm sure nobody can sel like dis guy. He has a 2.1 like all of us bt d guy dey SELL. He sells & activate 30sims in a day.do u knw wht it means 2 'HAWK' sims? Haba.
    2 all my colleagues in other states lets do our best. Lets b committd but no kill urself o. Greetins 2 my colleagues in Akwa Ibom State.i hear say none of una gree resign bcos 4 my state,3 ppl don sack their self o.
    May God continue 2 help us. As 4 me,i no dey resign. I'll leave d job 4 somtin beta. NO RETREAT NO SURRENDER

d glo infinito is far beta than dat of d new AIRTEL. GLO infinito charges u 35k per sec 4 d first 30sec and 25k per sec 4rm d 31st sec. hence u spend #18.00k/min.
    On d other hand, dat of Airtel is stil d same charge for d first 60secs. But 20k/sec 4rm d next 61 secs

Hi

@betadayz, the airtel tariff is no match at all, to glo infinito, but no matter how poor it is, it will affect our market, especially for those calling from 9mins upwards at a go. (they are 3 naira beta for every min spent after d 8th min)
    Just had a roadshow today (sunday), embarking on anoda 2moro. We work like donkies, men.

@agalimojo suprisd u havnt heard of d salary review in feb all permanent glo sales staff r lookin 4ward 2 it @9jakid u r obviously nt workn 4 glo so dnt tink we r dumb @betadays one of us actualy sold 70 lines in a day if she activatd is left 4 d imajinatn.who even told u guyz u wuld b laid off ur cumulatv average is good bt wit few pple target will triple.as 4 d guy wit d 6digit salary dats a stupid questn or he is liein...

Bad news guys. My colleague just told me she's been laid off. She's bn given an option to join d sales team instead of going home. I still don't believe her cos her KPI is abso-f-c-k-i-n-g-l-y great. What's up ma people? Any body with bad news? This place is gravely quiet this morning!

Nothin don reach us 4 here

guys how far? whts up wit our colleagues in other states

Quote Originally Posted by agalimojo
    Bad news guys. My colleague just told me she's been laid off. She's bn given an option to join d sales team instead of going home. I still don't believe her cos her KPI is abso-f-c-k-i-n-g-l-y great. What's up ma people? Any body with bad news? This place is gravely quiet this morning!

I think i fell into the same shoes yesterday. I wasn't laid off but i was hinted that my name has been recommended to join the sales canvasser team in Lagos 1 zone based on my KPI. But what is really confusing me is that, are we going to remain on this temp platform or converted to permanent staff (I mean getting employment letter & other stuffs) cos how can you want to lay someone off and give a better opportuinity as an option. Glo needs to be questioned on that properly before we fall into trap 2.

Also at this juncture, i need serious help. I already got an employment from a private firm (1man biz) with an annual gross pay of N850k as a sales manager and now glo is also considering me for sales canvasser position but dont know the platform yet. I was planning to resume with the private firm in Jan but now, i am totally confused. Pls housemates, help me out, who should i take? Confirmed private job or undetermined glo job?

Guys, it's been almost a year now since we began this journey- what next? It's strange nothing have been said about the possibility of conversion to permanent staff. Even the main staff don't seem to know what's gonna happen to us. Anybody got any 'insider info' on this? Or we are gonna remain quiet and wait indefinitely for positive change on our status? Your views are welcome...............

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234