+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Topic: Glo recruitment d salary

Re: Glo recruitment d salary

i am a 2.1 mass communication graduate desperate for a job but believe me, my desperation never reach to go de sell recharge card for street. its a big insult. after years of burning candle to attain a better result, i'll now start selling recharge card. how why didnt they recruit ond holders or school cert holders. glo de be-little person well well oh! i no blame dem.

Glo again

@all,thnks. I think i'll hold on to my #20,000 job wit a small consultin firm in ph.thank God,i didnt resign. Make glo relax. Beta dey come

@udoph

i think and believe you have made the best decison. hold onto your present job and i believe something better will come up for you, other and myself.

godd luck and as the saying goes, THE STRUGGLE AND SEARCHING CONTINUES.

Glo

My dear members,i understand u all, my contribution is dat is nt everytime one shld put salary first,like dis job u cld be among d promotional team, dat carry out various activities to win brand loyalty and i bit u, u're going to make plenty pay dat wil make u 4get ur salary in ur acct. In a nutshell, glo are more customer friendly dan mtn and they hv large budget 4 promotion, secondly u'll make contact wit good manager dat wil help u get into permanent staff thro internal vacancy.dat is wat must pple dat are management positio 2day especialy mtn did. Dat is why wen u apply 4 job in dere site ur applicatio wil always be pending. Becos consideratio is given to internal person first. I kn of person dat work as a casual staff in Nb plc and bought a car,a mean swt ride, built his house,so d choice is if u're nt doin anything,help ur BP. And maybe God may jst use it as a break thro. One luv

I was with GLO for a week in 2009 and spoke with a former colleague in GLO. The job is not to sell SIM cards or recharge cards on the street. The work is SIM REGISTRATION. NCC made it mandatory for all telecomms provider to obtain details of all subscribers......blah, blah...blah (MTN is doing the same in all MTN connect/outlets).

I do not have info abt the pay. but its not a walk-on-the-street assignment. Its for peeps who do not have anything doing (expectant graduates) to do while looking out for better offers.

I f you have a job (even if it pays 15K) I do not advice you to take it as you cannot determine the outcome (which could be positive or negative).

Cheers!

Am quite surprised many of the housemates have advised Udoph to 4get this job. C'mon guys! Udoph was just one of the lucky guys out of thousands that applied for this post. The Glo Manager in Abia State began his career as a crate loader at Guiness! See where he is today,still young and ambitious. Why do our graduates shy away from challenges? Is 50k that small 4 a start? Sales canvassing, sim activation and retention, stock breaking 4rm dealers,sub-dealers etc. Hawking of sims? That's a crude way of describing an opportunity that can transform your life. It's your call Udoph. Are u gona man-up and hustle like a man or chicken out? Remember, Naija na jungle!
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

Udoph if u kno weti good 4 u, jus run go take dat Glo job sharply. u well?

i cnt really tel if those advicing u to bone the glo offer are really saying dt bcos they care or its beef cos they wernt calld. how wuld u bone a company like glo even if its for imonth job? is just that u are in the sales groupwe are kept in the office for sim regand we are saying nice tin about the job. bros, i think 50k is good compare to 20k, do u plan to remain in the 20k tin 4 eva, if not calculate aw many months u will work to get 150k that glo will give u 4 3month, let say the contract is not stretch further, that will be 14.5 solid months. take it like u won a contract of 150k profit to be executed in 3months. i dint think 2wice to grab d offer, i only asked my girlfriend to tell u aw other opinion wont matter, if 4 nothin atleast for such name to be in my cv and the opportunity to b reckon with glo. i rest my case.

Glo Again

@ all,i dont shy away 4rm challenges. I take challenges dat are worth it.
    Well,i went out 2 sell d sims & 2 promote glo services. Honestly,i braved up after readin some pples comments & to prove them dat i can do anytin. After all,i hawkd books in ph buses for 3wks(though it was by buks). I tried d job 2day & i'm glad i didnt go back.
    @all,i owe all of u my thanks. I'm grateful

Glo Job Headache: What would u do?

@udoph, am glad you took the job. Dont 4get to buy us wine oo when dey don make u big man. Gdluck man.
    The heights you attain is a factor of your belief and attitude. Greatness is yours; how much do you want it?

@Axeman 1985, av u seen ur Gtb Result? Aw far?
    T

@ladypinkie

GTb ke. i no pass the thing jare. i dont even know what gmat looks like sef as i have never done that before. had my Alevels and degree in uk and work experience also. but just wan relocate to 9ja hence my looking for job jare. under normal circumstances i should be looking for experienced hire vacancies but i am looking for anything as long as the pay is ok and manageable for the time being. oo so the struggle and searching continues.

To those who reject the glo offer, congrats and to those of us who accepted the offer especially pple like me who had to resign from our previous jobs, kudos to us for the great courage. When i got the offer, i didn't even think twice before i resigned my N60k marketing job. I just want the house to know that for you to get a job with glo exposes you to a lot of opportuinities like career advancement and cv attraction. This so called temp job is just set as an avenue to assess your performance. As for us in VI, we are basically into sim registration for this month. Next month is sim activation etc. We shall be trained and assessed in all the units of gloworld. And at the end of the prog, we shall be retained according to our performances and branch manager's recommendation. Lets not toil with this offer. Over 100,000 applicants and we were singled out. Could glo be so stupid to hire 2:1 for a job ordinary school cert holder could do or could they be so stupid to train and pay us for other networks providers? That is the question we should keep asking ourselves. Goodluck to those that took the offer but others, goodluck wherever you are, we shall meet on top.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast