Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: CORONA SCHOOL RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES FOR TEACHING

Senior Member oluwagbemiga Adelowo's Avatar

Re: CORONA SCHOOL RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES FOR TEACHING

Hilarious. Welcome to Nigeria!
    G

Whether na =N=10 or $10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 they are being paid, it is still crap. I've had Professors that couldn't impact sh*t, and graduate assistants that could teach so well that even a retard would understand. I would rather have my baby KNOW stuff, than go into a school because their teachers are first class holders. If Corona is soooooooooooooo wonderful, they will know that teaching is the most important profession. We won't be where we are without our teachers. They should stop messing up education more than it already is. Teaching is for the truly gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by utipobong
    sometimes i wonder why graduates reason like this someone placed a post,if u are nt interested,u allow it for those that are. stop trying to show your slf negatively.half bread they say is better than none. one that teaches in a school apart from every other thing has a post nysc experience and there fore ahead of one that has none lets forget the pay.and point of correction secondary schools also grant promotions and salary increase ok
    This is the reason why our educational system is so messed up! Go ahead and apply for the money (not that I'm blaming you o), but know that if you aren't gifted in this area and you mess people's children up, don't forget Karma.
    V

i remeber karma ''cause n effect'' shey?

nothing wrong with teaching as a profession, just that in nigeria it is not encouraging cos teachers are not recognised or even respected. we just have to look at things in a brighter perspective. i mean, no country moves forward with uneducated citizens, and that's what teachers are for..to educate. so if the offer is reasonable, please go for it with"all body"

U lot need to divert this energy into some more productive things o.
    Deewanna likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Israeeeel View Post
    @ighoeve; it's just a mere proposal for those that are ready to take up teaching as a profession and mind you, the fact that one went to school abroad does not justify where one works. This is not a convoluted issue, it's simply based on interest. Infact, education will gain prominence when we have the best minds and hands moving and shaking the industry. Let us stop being parochial and join hands to move this country forward. Corona has not done anything wrong and as a matter of fact, when you have a school like Corona when each student pays N620000, i'm so sure you will look for professors and even emeritus.

Okay man, nice talk there..So you are telling me that our dear professors and emeritus professors in Nigeria are money hungry and can even teach in high schools to quench their hunger for money-- Okay sha, but the professors that taught me at a department while I was in Unilag will not do that....If you read my posts very well, you would see that I never castigated the people apply to teach there..I just voiced out why I am of the opinion that the truly gifted teachers do not necessarily have the best university zero class degrees.. Being somebody who is vast in all these seconday school issues in Nigeria, I can confidently tell you that in my 7 years of freelance teaching and meeting with other fine teachers, most of the gifted people who can actually teach students how to learn did not necessarily make the best grades at uni.. I know what I am saying. During my uni days, classmates always rushed to me and left our main efiko guy on one side because, yes he was way way more intelligent, he just could not stand my teaching prowess.
    He graduated at the top of the class at age 20 or 21..This guy almost always made a GPA of 5.00/5.00 every semester..He is still very much less than 25 years old today..What happens if a school like Corona, for example, employs him just based on his fine results and age? Are they doing service or disservice to those students that pay high school fees to get taught my gifted teachers? This is just one example of a myriad!

.However, this does not imply that people with good grades cannot teach..Instead, I am driving home the point that teaching skills and gift should be the basic things stressed when a good school like Corona needs teachers to teach its students whose parents pay school fees that most Nigerians do not make in 10 years! That should be the real thing..This is not a bank job or an oil company job where teaching ability does not matter..This is a school! And the people in charge of recruiting teachers there should be more interested in people who can build their students; who can give their students that rocky foundation that some of us enjoy today. It seems to me that they are now competing with non-education industry.....If I did not mention any school and I just placed the qualification requirements and then I told you to guess the organization employing people, I AM PRETTY SURE THAT YOU WOULD NEVER SAY THE ORGANIZATION IS A SECONDARY SCHOOL..You get it...The fact of the matter is that they should not be interested in competing with banks or oil companies or multinationals..They have nothing in common with these sectors..Their main aim is to provide a service and the service in this instance is to educate students at secondary school level, build their foundation..That should be the main main main focus..They should let people know that they are interested in those people who are not just looking for jobs, but can actually show young stars how to learn...Bet it, my man, they will employ people who will later leave them for oil and gas jobs...You will see.

Let me throw more light on the money issue..There is no way they will recruit fresh graduates and pay them more than 200K..Even the 200K will be the upper bound and even the max! too. While still a young university student in Nigeria, I was very well privileged to teach students who went to some of these top private high schools. I approximately know what their school teachers, including those from Grange, BIS, Greensprings, earn..They were my colleagues in the private teaching business. Even BIS that charges each student almost 2 million Naira does not guarantee you a jumbo salary-

Nonetheless, I must admit that these schools pay well and anyone who is truly gifted at explaining things to others, without having an iota of frustration in the process, should take advantage of the opportunities offered by these secondary schools, including Corona. There is already the chance of becoming your students' private home teacher. For this, you will get around 2500K to 3K per hour..The BIS guy used to get up to 3-4K. You will get the chance to become connected to the privileged few in Lagos; you will teach students at houses you never thought in your dreams that you would someday enter and be most welcome. How does going to a house with 25 cars parked inside sound to you? In fact, you may be lucky to be Fashola's son's private physics teacher!!!!

For me, my case is different. If I wanted a secondary school teacher job, I am almost sure to get it because I have experience teaching students in the calibre of those I mentioned. .
    But men, I wan be like those students fathers and even better( through the correct way O) and to achieve that, I will not remain the person they refer to as 'our son's or daughter's mathematics teacher'.

Good luck to those applying-

ITANKAN;JHV HGCVJCJHGCKJ

Quote Originally Posted by utipobong View Post
    sometimes i wonder why graduates reason like this someone placed a post,if u are nt interested,u allow it for those that are. stop trying to show your slf negatively.half bread they say is better than none. one that teaches in a school apart from every other thing has a post nysc experience and there fore ahead of one that has none lets forget the pay.and point of correction secondary schools also grant promotions and salary increase ok

Did you read any of my posts where I emphatically stated that others should desist from applying? I am sure no. No one is showing himself or herself. We are all contributing to a topical issue and I am sure you know that even a mad man is entitled to his actions and opinions. There is really nothing they talk about private secondary school education in Nigeria that I don't have an idea of, no matter how micro the idea may seem. Now, as I said, I was a freelance teacher myself before I got the chance via a full scholarship from the European Union to study. I am a supporter of quality education and have always striven for it..But you must please know that quality education is not by good grades alone; it is by what you have to offer, and I strongly opine that one does not have to have a Zero Class university degree before one can teach more than adequately! Even here in Europe, some of us that are gifted in that area are not necessarily the toppers in our various majors...

Genau Genau Genua..That is what we call exactly on the point in the German language..You are really spot on, and you just communicated my main idea.

Teaching is for the truly gifted and every attempt at locating such people to imbibe knowledge and learning skills into our children at their tender and formative ages is really really highly welcome.

Genau Genua again.

It seems Corona has started sending IV for aptd test, and it is also scheduled for 26th March..

why are so many oda orgs havn their test on dis same day wit NNPC?

i dont no peoples problem,if ure not qualified den go n sit down somwere

I received a text invitation yesterday for an aptitude test on sat 26th.The text states that further details will be emailed to me today because the time was not specified in the text. What is the nature of their test?.The bigger issue here is I am also due for NNPC test on that same sat 26th. How do I manage it?

But why on earth will corona school schedule their test with the almighty NNPC. who in his right senses and clinical consciousness will opt for corona schools, and to complicate matters corona school scheduled its own test for 12;30 and NNPC accreditation starts by 11;00. corona school is unmistakably over ambitious as they will not be able to draw from the ideal pool of talents they want to draw from. as for me i no fit shout i dey go for NNPC.

mine is exactly d same time as NNPC...1:30pm!! Venues are far-apart, like heaven and earth.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast