+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: CORONA SCHOOL RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES FOR TEACHING

CORONA SCHOOL RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES FOR TEACHING

Corona Schools is recruiting fresh graduates for teaching profession. Check the site http://www.coronaschools.org.ng/i-teach/. Good luck

Re: CORONA SCHOOL RECRUITING FRESH GRADUATES FOR TEACHING

Even just a mere secondary school is requesting 21-26, second class upper and possibly abroad degree. Chai.. BSc people don hear am;;;

God dey

•A second class upper (2-1) from a recognized institution in and outside Nigeria.

•Open ONLY to fresh graduates who completed NYSC not more than a year ago.

• Applicants must be within 21 and 26 years of age.

•Readiness to embrace teaching as a first/preferred career option.

•No prior teaching experience required.

•Above average ICT skills.

•Strong communication skills, proficiency in a foreign language is an added advantage.

The Corona i-TEACH Program is to assess bright young graduates each year, irrespective of their initial academic discipline. This 21st century teacher development & recruitment program intends to attract our nation’s most promising future leaders into the teaching profession.

So brothers, does it mean that I could ask people with least a 2:1 degrees, less than 26 and who probably studied abroad to work for me? Is it that easy?

Na wa O;;; make una talk.

Junior Member enitanol@yahoo.com's Avatar

Rubbish
    Enitanol

Re: chams mt '09

Teachin... 2.1, degree abroad! Arant nonsense, 2 me any way.

@jush,a very nice one.

big rubbish. hisses

In case u must knw corona pays more than all these our so called 'banks' who work graduates up like slaves....corona has added value to teaching....

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdparty
    In case u must knw corona pays more than all these our so called 'banks' who work graduates up like slaves....corona has added value to teaching....
    Wait self, do you guys really think someone with an abroad degree would want to embrace a secondary school teaching career? What happened to all the numerous private universities in Nigeria and elsewhere? If the person does, then why did he or she go abroad to spend millions on university education?

Corona sef want abroad graduates because dem don hear say even some abroad trained people are jobless. Na wa O. Look at what unemployment is causing.. Is it so sad Very soon, I will put an advert saying that I need abroad graduates who are less than 25 years and have ZERO Class Honours Degreea from YALE. What most of these schools fail to know is that teaching is not about whether or not you made a zero class or minus one class out of university; rather, it is about your gift, natural talent, desire and intense enthusiasm at explaining things to people in a laconic and limpid manner. It really has nothing to do with grades..Go and check your records, most of the best teachers did not make the best grades while they were students..

Please look at the bigger picture..Yes, they may pay more than all the Nigerian banks initially, but what happens after 6 to 20 years? Just in case you did not know, what happens is that the salary undergoes what we call stability, it does not change...But the bank guy, especially the investment bank guy, is sure of getting a raise every year especially when the comany makes profit..

Nonetheless, Corona is a good school and it would not be a bad idea to try there... But I would say that if why I went abroad to study is to come back home and teach at Coronona, then I wasted my time....

Just my opinion sha.

@ighoeve...suportd. I'd alwayz tot B.ed ws meant 4 d purpose of teachin?

Quote Originally Posted by yeggy
    @ighoeve...suportd. I'd alwayz tot B.ed ws meant 4 d purpose of teachin?
    Yes, B.education should be meant for teaching at any secondary schools in Nigeria. However, with the cornucopia of unemployed Bsc holders roaming the cities of Nigeria, secondary schools have no other choice than to absorb them into teaching. My high school mathematics teacher studied a Bsc course. There are several other examples..

See, like I earlier said, they too(Corona) want to take advantage of the already saturated labour market..That is just pretty the situation of things right now...And just in case you did not know, many people will apply for the opportunities, even some abroad graduates with good grades...But for me, the worst that can happen is that I get a PhD and lecture at any top university in Nigeria, because I have all the requisite skills and oratory talent, or better still lecture at a good university in Europe or in South Africa. No be to come teach math and physics for secondary school.. I studied in SA for a year and I can confidently tell you that Nigerian lecturers at SA universities earn between 30 to 40 thousand rand per month in SA. One of our finest doctors(PhDs) at Uni Lagos
    even left for there after he bagged his PhD... So sad.. The guy was even made a senior lecturer there..He was a mere assistant lecturer while in Lagos..

No bad blood.

@ighoeve; it's just a mere proposal for those that are ready to take up teaching as a profession and mind you, the fact that one went to school abroad does not justify where one works. This is not a convoluted issue, it's simply based on interest. Infact, education will gain prominence when we have the best minds and hands moving and shaking the industry. Let us stop being parochial and join hands to move this country forward. Corona has not done anything wrong and as a matter of fact, when you have a school like Corona when each student pays N620000, i'm so sure you will look for professors and even emeritus.

sometimes i wonder why graduates reason like this someone placed a post,if u are nt interested,u allow it for those that are. stop trying to show your slf negatively.half bread they say is better than none. one that teaches in a school apart from every other thing has a post nysc experience and there fore ahead of one that has none lets forget the pay.and point of correction secondary schools also grant promotions and salary increase ok

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast