+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Topic: Cardiovascular Technologist

Lightbulb Cardiovascular Technologist

Cardiovascular Technologist Job Purpose:Aids physicians in diagnosis and treatment ofheart, lung, and blood vessel disorders byconducting invasive and non-invasive diagnostictests of cardiovascular and pulmonary systems;maintaining equipment; recording test results.Cardiovascular Technologist Job Duties:Registers patients by entering anticipated servicedate into the patient record; verifying medicalhistory.Comforts patients by welcoming them to thecardiology suite; answering their questions;responding to requests.Supports physicians in diagnosing and treatingcardiac and peripheral vascular ailments byhelping physicians wind a catheter through apatient's blood vessel to the heart.Completes electro-cardio-grams (EKGs or ECGs)by attaching electrodes to the patient's chest, arms,and legs; manipulating switches on aelectrocardiograph machine to obtain a reading.Completes treadmill stress tests by connectingpatient to an EKG monitor; obtaining a baselineheart-rate reading and resting blood pressure;increasing the speed of the treadmill; observing theeffect of increased exertion.Completes non-invasive peripheral vascular tests bycollecting ultrasound echoes to form a screenimage of the heart function, blood flow, andcirculation.Documents patient services by completing patientrecords, forms, reports, logs, and other records.Maintains equipment by ensuring that computersand cardiovascular systems and equipment areoperating properly; following operatinginstructions; reporting any hazardous orpotentially dangerous conditions; responding toequipment breakdowns; troubleshooting problems;calibrating equipment; following preventivemaintenance procedures; anticipating repairrequirements; calling for repairs.Maintains quality results by evaluating diagnosticstudies for quality and diagnoses.Maintains safe, secure, and healthy workenvironment by following asepsis standards andprocedures; complying with legal regulations.Updates job knowledge by participating ineducational opportunities; reading professionalpublications; maintaining personal networks;participating in professional organizations.Serves and protects the hospital community byadhering to professional standards, hospitalpolicies and procedures, federal, state, and localrequirements, and JCAHO standards.Enhances cardiology and hospital reputation byaccepting ownership for accomplishing new anddifferent requests; exploring opportunities to addvalue to job accomplishments.Skills/Qualifications: CardiovascularKnowledge, Use of Medical Technologies, MedicalTeamwork, Performing Diagnostic Procedures,Dealing with Complexity, Hospital Environment,Bedside Manner, Presenting TechnicalInformation, Quality Focus, AnalyzingInformation , Informing OthersMethod of ApplicationInterested candidate should send their CV with the position as subject to [email protected]

Re: Cardiovascular Technologist

Come and join the moving train, to the side were few control the many, join us as we climb the ladder of success.

Don't let your children ask you daddy what do you use your youth for. It was just a waste. I know you don't want. Come and join us.

What are your priority? What exactly make you have sleepless night? Believe me that is what is call dream.

I will neVer quit, I will never giVe up, I will neVer say 'NO WAY' what about you? Will you

More than anything else, I believe it's our decisions, not the conditions of our lives, that determine our destiny.

When you wake up in the morning friend try to pray to God who give a life. Thank you God for making me head and not tail

Don't argue for other people's weaknesses. Don't argue for your own. When
    you make a mistake, admit it, correct it, and learn from it--immediately.

More than anything else, I believe it's our decisions, not the conditions of our lives, that determine our destiny.

Life that is wasted is a life that is living out of the purpose of God, what are you doing that is not in line with the purpose of God?

I will never Quit, I wiill never give up, I will never say'NO WAY'. What about you? Will you.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast