+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Topic: Bad breath denies me a bank job

Bad breath denies me a bank job

I was told that my breath is really bad and would therefore not be suitable for a job I was told I am qualified for. A friend said I could test my breath by licking my wrist with the full length of my tongue and taking a whiff after one minute. i just confirmed it. I need an urgent solution

Re: Bad breath denies me a bank job

Do a complete mouth cleaning regimen twice a day everyday: floss between all your teeth, scrape your tongue with a good tongue scraper, use a good mouthwash, and finally brush your teeth. And use mouthwash after every meal, or at least floss out all the grub then chew an Orbit gum for at least 15 minutes. If these don't work, then you'll have to visit a dentist. You may have a horrible case of Halitosis and it will require medication.
    (My floss, scraper, brush, and wash are all of the Crest brand. I also use Crest White strips every six months and see my dentist twice a year. I've never had bad breath, but I hope these work for you).
    V

Correct. Thank you Vanessavenus. I guess you are a Dentist.

lol.
    I'm not a dentist, sweetie. But I still try my best.
    V

nawaah, oh, sweetie again with kisses, mehn d humour u guys inject into this house is really needed once in a while to ease tension, lorrrrrrrrl
    UCHEBOBBY likes this.

bad breath or body odour could be very embarrassing it not well taken care, so with all vanessa had said...make sure your bag or something is never short of mints or breath freshener, they sell it at all these stores around...dont feel bad about this..... people get shut out because of body odour BO......so i must commend your outright audacity.....
    be what you cant imagine to be!

@poster,

I think you can also quickly see a dentist (preferably a general hospital dentist) get them to clean your gums, its possible that you have plaque in between your teeth and that can cause serious bad breath. the scaling will cost you about 2,500, and its a 30- 1 hr process, but believe me when i say you will feel better. Dont forget to follow vanessavenus' advice, it will help tremendously.

All the best on enjoying a clean fresh breath.

Mouth wash isnt the best at all times. Remember they contain alcohol and ever wonder why alcoholics have bad breath? Avoid any thing that has to do with alcohol. get sugarless gum. excess sugar can worsen the situtaion. the gum you get should get contain xylitol. There're good ones out there including orbit or the 20 naira PK gum. Get a tongue scraper. Every one has one form of bad breath or the other. its just that some are halitosis. Dont be discouraged by the result of the test ur friend prescribed to you. There's no human who carries that test out that does not realise some uncomfortable smell. A wet tongue on a dry skin must produce a smell. so what you discovered is nothinh new. A WET TONGUE IS THE BEST GUARANTEE AGAINST BAD BREATH. take lots of water always. Decent behaviour requires that you dont stand too close (less than .. feet) when talking to a fellow who's not ur relation especially the opposit sex. That way, no body will ever notice save ur spouse. Thank you for the guts. lots of guys out have it but refusing to share it has only worsened the situtation for them.

@Wetgate: thanks for the great advice. There are loads of great alcohol-free mouthwashes out there. Alcohol has been linked to oral cancer. And also avoid the ingredient "cetylpyridinium chloride"- while it will make your mouth fresh, it can lead to discolouration.
    Believe it or not, one of the best mouthwashes (I've used it for years) is good old BICARBONATE OF SODA. Dissolve a little of it in warm water and rinse. It tastes very salty so be careful there. It costs like =N=75 for a small container at the baking section in supermarkets. And it's very safe- been used for years to treat stomach ailments in hospitals over the years.Also, avoid acidic food or at least wait a while after eating acidic food (eg orange) before brushing your teeth to avoid enamel damage.
    I'll keep you updated as these thins come to mind. ssssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    V

@Alohenhelen i bet the bank pple won't say it to ur hearin dat dey can't take u becos of bad mouth odor...nice market strategy anyway.

@Good one Ibot. but I bet d guy has a problem. He just needs a solution, and NHJ moderator would have deleted his question if it wasn't work-related..
    V

@venessavenus,hw do i go about flossing?i dont kn much abt it.
    What abt tongue scrapper? wia do i gt it? and then which brand of mouth wash do u recommend and d crest brand you mentioned above,hw do i gt them?
    Even though i do nt av any bad breath,i tink prevention is better than cure.tanx,pls reply ASAP

There are amny brands, check the components very well. avoid alcohol, cetylpyridinium chloride. Vanessa has said it all. A tongue scraper can be goten from any shop. Just a form of blunt knife, so you dont cut ur tongue.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast