+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Most Sought after skills in Nigeria?

Most Sought after skills in Nigeria?

hello ladies, fellas everyone in the house. Good day!

like so many of you i'm a fresh grad looking for the next big thing: a GREAT JOB.

Personally, i feel the best way to get one is to enhance one's self. This could be

through acqusition of rare skills that are most sought after by employers. skills

that would make them salivate and say: please could you work for me?

Now, herez the catch; you could earn good cash with your acquired skill

afterwhich you could kiss the job good bye and invest your hard earned cash in a

very profitable biz...maybe somethin related to your acquired skills or new career.

You can also change jobs at your fancy. So i suggest we start a thread:

what skill do you consider the most sought after in the labour market in

Nigeria today?

IT is it for me. i love it.

Re: Most Sought after skills in Nigeria?

well I think it ICT especially Database Administration
    Are u happy with what u are doing?.............

hi,you didnt tell us what you did has your first degree,i personally think all courses are marketable, it all depends on your packaging.make yours to be different from what others are doing. there is nothing bad in IT.but everything is with interest.are you an art or science person?did you choose your 1st degree or was it a parental choice,or jamb score choice? this re what you should ask yourslf and make yours different from what everybody is doing.no matter how little the difference.it really works. good luck!

Any body in house should please listen to my prophesy in answers to the question of skills sought for. If your are very good in Marketing and you have somethiong to show for in, then Please the current and long lasting problem in nigeria is marketing of all goods produces by all companies.It isd unfortunite that I am an idustreial Chemist with PhD. In veiw, I would have sought to Solve this problem. Guru in Marjeting will be on \High demend in thsi country. Plz it is an eye opener Take care. Iwant mor critism and contrbutioon on this reamin bless.
    Pastor David

one cannot jump into any trade or profession because it is the most sought after. This decision should have been made b4 filling the jamb form, while others were going to NDA and Flight Training Scools.

when u talk about IT, Oracle,CCNA,MCSE holders are still looking for jobs. Maritime Technicians are still looking for jobs. The answer is what is your interest. My own interest is Leadership and the only way to get there is through partisan politics, the skill is good manifesto or rigging.

definitely IT
    just breast bthe line and win that race again.vacancies on telecom companies and ad agencies will make my day meanwhile good work

All you guys are so funny!!!!!-----No one can say a particular course is the most sought after.......just consider your interest and pray to GOD to give you job in that area....i studied journalism and comp sc as second degree....now im workin full time IT but still partime in broadcasting......cnt jst forgo that...... its my passion....SEE U'S AT THE TOP!!!!!!
    (Amb) Lanre Fagbayi Macurlly

Talking about skills...which i beleive is ur exceptional ability to achieve results better than others, of your same category, in the same situation...the most sought after ones belong to every category of job and sphere of life.whatever course u studied,the most sought after skill there must belong to the best person who can achieve results in the shortest possible time with the least use of resources in that particular course.so be the best of whatever u studied or intend to major in,develope urself by the hour...no knowledge is a waste..and ull be the most sought after in your field.
    The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.....

hello. it is skill we are talking about here. i believe its a computer world now. every thing is getting computer based. the most sought after skill is IT. believe me. i'm in the accounting line and recently the ICAN body has come up with a technical competence initiate. it is IT based for chartered accountants. it is to help in auditing and other packages.

It's most definitely IT. Second that is software skills in any profession. Let's face it, the world is goin bananas!! Courtesy: Bill Gates and his geeks. Bah!
    A

BELIEVE ME.NO ONE COURSE CAN BE SAID TO BE THE BEST ANYMORE.I STUDIED FRENCH THEN MARKETING.I WORK FULL-TIME BROADCASTING AND DO MEDIA CONSULTANCY ON THE SIDE AND ITS VERY REWARDING.

MARKETING IS ONE COURSE I WISH COULD BE MADE A FORCED ELECTIVE IN ALL HIGHER INSTITUTIONS REGARDLESS OF DISCIPLINE, SO A GRADUATE CAN LOOK AT THE COURSE HE HAS READ AND THEN STUDY HIS ENVIRONMENT,WITH A VIEW TO FINDING A NEEDS GAP AND FILLING IT .PROFITABLY,OF COURSE.

ITS ALMOST LIKE A LAW THAT MOST PEOPLE DONT DO WHAT THEY STUDIED IN SCHOOL ANYMORE.AND IF U ASK ME ITS BEST AS IT HAS OPENED PEOPLES EYES TO SKILLS THEY DIDNT EVEN KNOW THEY POSSESSED.

oh most of the guys say it's IT, ve u looked into the opportunities in the Capital Market and the fast rate at which the market is growing. for me, i think it revolves round capital market and IT

While i will count IT as the most sought after skill not just in Nigeria but in the whole world, i will also like to say that the most sought skill should be that thing which find JOy in when you do.
    Follow your passion.

Cheers.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast