+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Topic: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Re: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Total has started posting their old staffs to Egina project.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodluck82 View Post
    Total has started posting their old staffs to Egina project.
    Really? What disciplines are dey posting?

Guys, what effect will dis have on the recruitment exercise?

God will make a way for us this month as we expect good news.,
    mokshaq likes this.

What's up with these guys? What's going on guys?

This wait is becoming unbearable! Almost 2 years gone for a recruitment exercise and d end does not seem to be in sight....
    What's the latest info guys?

They will call soon, lets keep hope alive
    mokshaq likes this.

Still no date chosen at least for GSR. Plus plenty uncertainty due to various issues rocking the company and the country.

@Devonian!
    Much as I respect your contribution I must differ on this one. TEPNG is under-taking a restructuring exercise that is all I can say for now Forget this date thing that is not what is going on.

Hey Coolguy,

Its ok if you differ. Thought to share what i know. To the best of my understanding re-structuring is over; GSR and AM are now one division with a single EGM, OML100/102 asset teams have been merged, Majority of the USAN team members have been re-deployed etc.

Re-structuring and the embargo on recruitment were initially the reasons behind the delay. Right now, the issues are more than that. But we can't start explaining all that delicate talk out here, can we??

I gain nothing from mis-informing the house and nothing from being right either. Just sharing. We are in this together.

Blessings!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
    @Devonian!
    Much as I respect your contribution I must differ on this one. TEPNG is under-taking a restructuring exercise that is all I can say for now Forget this date thing that is not what is going on.
    van4life likes this.

EGM100/102 is just part of it. The restructuring is still on going with some people being appointed for executive position this month.

Devonian, you b strongman oooo... This is conc info. Thanks for sharing.All d best guys. One luv

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Hey Coolguy,

Its ok if you differ. Thought to share what i know. To the best of my understanding re-structuring is over; GSR and AM are now one division with a single EGM, OML100/102 asset teams have been merged, Majority of the USAN team members have been re-deployed etc.

Re-structuring and the embargo on recruitment were initially the reasons behind the delay. Right now, the issues are more than that. But we can't start explaining all that delicate talk out here, can we??

I gain nothing from mis-informing the house and nothing from being right either. Just sharing. We are in this together.

Blessings!!

lets us know what is happening Devo. no need to hide stuff. Total has hidden enough already. what then is the purpose of this forum if we cant share info. meanwhile we need to asking what sought of organization will let a recruitment last for 4 years? smh

All,
    Calm down. Coolguy and Devonian are both right- It's just that they don't have all the information together. I would highlight some facts just for your information (I’m not trying to convince you to believe all I say here).

IOC’s in Nigeria
    Fact 1: The IOC's right now are dealing with some “financial issues” as regards rising Opex and JV funding.

Fact 2: One way the IOC's seem to be able to reduce the cost is by running a leaner organization hence the collapse/merging of positions. As a matter of fact, some IOC’s are giving employees the option of early retirement.

Fact 3: Older staffs also retire every year; this creates the need for new recruits as positions become vacant. Of cos people get promoted from within to fill the open positions upwards. This creates room for people to come in at the lower end.

Fact 4: IOC’s nowadays seem to adjust the organization to fit with the available number of staffs instead of taking in new ones to balance the equation when older staffs retire.

Total in Nigeria
    Fact 1: Total is not exempted from facts stated above.

Fact 2: Total has not completely assigned Usan staffs, as a matter of fact most of them have been seconded to Exxon until a time when Exxon fully assumes operatorship with their own staff.

Fact 3: Egina's project team has been in existence even before this recruitment started. The company needs not recruit for the project now with the exception of some roles requiring SME (subject matter expert) inputs.

Fact 4: When Egina project begins to approach Installation and Commissioning stage, the company would then need to assign people to some positions which would come up. This would be done by reassigning some old staffs and taking some new recruits not necessarily into Egina. Remember, Total still has some staffs currently seconded to help with Usan (Lagos & Usan FPSO).

Fact 5: Total already has an existing team which would run Egina Operations (DW Field Operations, Lagos). More people would just be added to the team. It’s not like they would create a fresh team for Egina. However, the FPSO would require a complete set of guys from OIM (Offshore Installation Manager) to the least operator...So there are opportunities. However preference would be given to the guys seconded to Exxon, they are due back to the company latest Q4 2016.

Fact 6: Total would not employ people when they don't have need for or are not able to pay their salaries.

Fact 7: HR (Recruitment Team) has to follow up with the recruitment so sometimes they might have to send you mails, it doesn’t mean it’s time to resume.

Fact 8: Medicals is not an offer of employment, so don’t make assumptions till you are sitting on your desk in the office (resumed work).

General Comments:
    Regardless of all these facts, the recruitment has not been cancelled. All you just have to do is be patient and prayerful. As the company continues to grow and expand they surely have need for brilliant and intelligent guys like you who would take them to even greater heights.
    Thanks.

+ Reply
Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast