+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Topic: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

Re: Total e & p nigeria limited interview update

I just received the following email from Total. At least I will also rest my mind and keep my fingers crossed. (I had my last interview with the external consultant in sept., 2011 in PH).

Recruitment Notification.

We thank you for your interest in TOTAL

We, at TOTAL E&P Nigeria Ltd., are pleased to inform you of your selection to proceed to the next stage of our recruitment process.

We will keep you informed about this next stage of the recruitment process in the coming months.

Yours Sincerely,

The Recruitment Team
    For: Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited

Does anyone in the house know the nature of the Line and HR interviews? I think either of them will be the next stage.

Quote Originally Posted by geejay View Post
    Does anyone in the house know the nature of the Line and HR interviews? I think either of them will be the next stage.

From my experience bro,
    (a) Make sure you can explain everything on your CV

(b) Ensure that the position you are gunning for is supported by your education and work experience. For example, a chemical engineer will not be accepted in reservoir engineering, they will prefer him in process engineering.

(c) Be truthful, they will ask you the same question is 3 different ways. One key question they ask is: Why do you want to work for Total? Please don't overlook this question...study about how the organisation is setup and develop ideas on what attracts you most.

(d) The HR person will ask you how much you want to be paid....my advise is never mention an amount!

(e) Answer questions as directly as possible, don't go around in circles.

(f) They are definitely going to ask you technical questions on the position you are gunning for so see if you have base knowledge

This is definitely not all, but I guess it will help you man!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gideonyte View Post
    From my experience bro, (a) Make sure you can explain everything on your CV(b) Ensure that the position you are gunning for is supported by your education and work experience. For example, a chemical engineer will not be accepted in reservoir engineering, they will prefer him in process engineering.(c) Be truthful, they will ask you the same question is 3 different ways. One key question they ask is: Why do you want to work for Total? Please don't overlook this question...study about how the organisation is setup and develop ideas on what attracts you most.(d) The HR person will ask you how much you want to be paid....my advise is never mention an amount!(e) Answer questions as directly as possible, don't go around in circles.(f) They are definitely going to ask you technical questions on the position you are gunning for so see if you have base knowledgeThis is definitely not all, but I guess it will help you man!Cheers
    Nice one Gideonyte.I believe better things are coming in 2012.Starting from this January......
    Seek ye first God in all u do and he shall give you the desires of your heart

Quote Originally Posted by Doziem2 View Post
    Nice one Gideonyte.I believe better things are coming in 2012.Starting from this January......
    Yes o, by God's grace! I see they are still sending out emails....I just wonder if they are going to harmonize employment across all disciplines or its going to be piecemeal?

Yes o, by God's grace! I see they are still sending out emails....I just wonder if they are going to harmonize employment across all disciplines or its going to be piecemeal?
    @GideonyteI think the US and June London recruitment campaign was for a project TOTAL is kicking off.However, the last UK campaign in October 2011 and the Nigerian campaign in September are probably to fill up most of their PH operations vacancy because some of the guys have been invited for contracts engineer position (like engineers that work in supply chain and procurement).So, they will always send out the invites in batches. This means that they will send to the US guys and the June UK guys almost at the same time and I think its gonna be soon.Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Doziem2 View Post
    @GideonyteI think the US and June London recruitment campaign was for a project TOTAL is kicking off.However, the last UK campaign in October 2011 and the Nigerian campaign in September are probably to fill up most of their PH operations vacancy because some of the guys have been invited for contracts engineer position (like engineers that work in supply chain and procurement).So, they will always send out the invites in batches. This means that they will send to the US guys and the June UK guys almost at the same time and I think its gonna be soon.Have a nice day.
    hmmmm super! Could it be the Egina project? I wish they'll call very soon 'cos i'm around in naija now, i dont want to do that long distance again o.

hmmmm super! Could it be the Egina project? I wish they'll call very soon 'cos i'm around in naija now, i dont want to do that long distance again o.
    Yeah Its the Egina project.

@DOZIEM
    I may disagree with your speculation as the invitation for the CIA events in October clearly speculated that most of the roles they were recruiting for were mainly Egina project and partly Akpo. I participated in the recruitment and I can say that e-mails were sent out at almost the same time with those who had theirs in the US.

I am sure they are going to harmonize all disciplines with regards to the requirements of the department you applied to. You might be surprised that this will even be done with those who took their test in September at Nigeria. Even some of those in Nigeria said they were told they were being recruited for the Egina. US UK or Nigeria there is drive for the forthcoming Egina project which is still at the FEED stage. YOU degree and probably qualification may now distinguish though.

As it stands nobody knows fully what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OlainHIM View Post
    @DOZIEMI may disagree with your speculation as the invitation for the CIA events in October clearly speculated that most of the roles they were recruiting for were mainly Egina project and partly Akpo. I participated in the recruitment and I can say that e-mails were sent out at almost the same time with those who had theirs in the US.I am sure they are going to harmonize all disciplines with regards to the requirements of the department you applied to. You might be surprised that this will even be done with those who took their test in September at Nigeria. Even some of those in Nigeria said they were told they were being recruited for the Egina. US UK or Nigeria there is drive for the forthcoming Egina project which is still at the FEED stage. YOU degree and probably qualification may now distinguish though.As it stands nobody knows fully what is going on.
    @OlainHIM..... Why disagree when you are not sure of what is going on.TOTAL have different needs and as such have different recruitment campaigns.

@DoziemThanks for your last post as it helped clarified things a lot to me. TOTAL has different business needs as such no recruitment campaign may be tagged to a particular project. Your deal with them will be determined by what you were told during the recruitment and evolving business needs. The earlier post was a bit confusing because I am sure of the information made available to me during the October CIA events.Anyhow thanks a lot man. All the best

I RECEIVE THIS MAIL YESTERDAY FROM TOTAL. DID ANY RECEIVE ANY. Good day, Invitation for Total Scholarship Aptitude Test One of Total’s contributions to the Nigerian society is the Total Scholarship Scheme. This initiative is aimed at identifying young talents and exposing them to a high level specialized post graduate training in French Universities for the development of the Nation’s Oil and Gas sector . You are hereby invited to participate in “an aptitude selection test” for this scholarship program. Kindly note the new date, the selection test will hold as follows: Date: Thursday 19th January, 2012. Time: 9:00am . Venue: Total Office Complex Plot 25 Trans Amadi Industrial Layout Port Harcourt.

With the fuel subsidy removal, and PENGASSAN threatening to strike on monday. One can only imagine when we'll be called for the next phase.

+ Reply
Page 12 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast