+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: ...And the Minister of Petroleum Resources has been confirmed!!! Implications-

Cool ...And the Minister of Petroleum Resources has been confirmed!!! Implications-

For those of us who have been wondering what has caused the DPR to stall its recruitment process well, be rest assured that Mrs. Diezanni Allison-Madueke has finally been confirmed by the Senate. Naturally, we expect her to return to her office as soon as possible and actively kick-start the issuance of Appointment Letters for the new Recruits.
    It is however, sad to note that the very same Multinational Oil companies who have denied a hundreds of young Graduates employment attempted to sabotage our honorable Minister's appointment due to her insistence on the passage of the Petroleum Industry Bill- God pass them!
    It was based on her insistence that due process should be followed in the recruitment process that prompted a second DPR Aptitude Test. I implore this forum, which comprises of the future leaders of Nigeria, to be rest assured that her presence will instill discipline in our recruitment.
    See you comrades, at our induction!!!

Re: ...And the Minister of Petroleum Resources has been confirmed!!! Implications-

Thank God for the confirmation of madam Allison. the PIB bill is as good as operational. God bless Nigeria.

Re: ...And the Minister of Petroleum Resources has been confirmed!!! Implications-

-had the PIB bill been passed in the last Administration, the number of recruits per state would have been higher. But, I have so much confidence in Madam minister's abilities.

why the praise.?She promised it will be passed before the end of last year.Then later promised before the end of the life of the last house yet nothing to show for it.
    Its time for leadership not show-WOmanship.She needs to perform now.Enough pf stories!

Quote Originally Posted by phelix24 View Post
    why the praise.?She promised it will be passed before the end of last year.Then later promised before the end of the life of the last house yet nothing to show for it.
    Its time for leadership not show-WOmanship.She needs to perform now.Enough pf stories!
    @Felix24: pls calm down she is just a minister n she brought an idea if d house doesnt pass d bill wot can she do? Nothing. So pray dat d legislators will do wot is right

@Dennis Bergkamp thanks for this heart warming info. However, I would like Madam Allison to follow up the DPR recruitment process to the last. One thing is conducting aptitude test in a seemingly free and fair manner,another is making sure that meritocracy is given huge consideration at the end of the day. The DPR recruitment will be the first major test Madam Minister, Allison Madueke will have to pass or fail as a second time Minister of Petroleum Resources. Her integrity is at stake, everyone is watching. We need her to tear the long list from Aso Rock and for once in Nigeria bring out a credible list of candidates in the ongoing DPR recruitment excercise. I will not be happy if the DPR,NNPC recuitments end up like that of the NIGERIAN CUSTOMS SERVICE which was flawed with 98 percent irregularities. The hope of the teeming unemployed graduates now lies in the hand of God who is about to use Madam Allison as an instrument. Mrs Allison Madueke your performance in the next fours years in office will place you in the hierarchy of celebrated Nigerian women like Dr Mrs Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,Prof.Dora Akunyili,Mrs Oby Ezekwesili and others. I wish your name will be written in Gold and not dust at the end of four years as Nigeria's first female Petroleum Minister(a rear privilege). God bless us all as we mark the beginning of the breath of fresh air in Nigeria.

Thats funny mate. She was'nt a lawmaker. Did you forget that? This woman started a revolutionary process. She's a blessing to the industry.

the woman didnt start the PIB,get ur facts right,PIB started during Yar adua'a time,Rilwanu Lukman as oil minister.
    !

Doesn't matter who started it now does it? Because of her NNPC is having a transparent recruitment process. I say thats a pretty good start.

have you seen the final version?heard it has been watered down. God bless Yar'adua's soul. He wouldn't have allowed it to be watered down.

Honorable Graduates! A little suggestion/advice for some of us: as future leaders (not the average 55 year old nigerian who still sees himself as a youth), it would pay us a great deal to pick a genuine interest in the affairs of this nation. We should try and get ourselves informed on how things work in Nigeria. The minister in question didn't start the PIB bill, obviously, however, she is pushing for it to be passed into law by the National Assembly.
    Indeed, the PIB bill has been watered down, which is a pity...still, this month will mark a positive turn-around in our lives. You'll see...

@agalimojo,
    did u say transparent,I have a friend who works in NETCO and he tells me the recruitment process is far from fair,he told me about many big ppl(working in NNPC subsidiaries and towers) who have been pushing their childrens names,wats worse,their children mostly came back from over-sea with master and very impressive results. He even told me of one particular cases of an MD of a subsidiary of NNPC whos son read mechanical engineering,good result and also masters, a note was sent to NNPC to strongly consider him and make sure he is short-listed,i dont know how many of this type of ppl there are but i can tell u that they are many.
    So the elites wont give the ordinary man lucrative jobs when their children are looking for same.
    But dats not to say some wont get the job on merit ,but i can assure you that they will be very very few.

^^^ that's not true. Yes some management staff can and do influence their children's employment but only after they scale through the first stage. if they cannot make it past the test then the best they can do for them is get contract jobs for them. And guess what? they even prefer their children to work else where(Mobil, Chevron, total etc) than in NNPC. Your definition of lucrative is relative

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast