This post has become necessary in response to those who are asking why they haven't been invited to start training. And it applies SPECIFICALLY to those who;

(1) Wrote and Passed the HRIndexx Test

(2)Were interviewed after the test

(3)Did Telephone Interview with a Zain agent.

You will recall that the newspaper advert EMPHASIZED that applications are invited from people who CAN SPEAK HAUSA and YORUBA. Again, when we went for the the HRIndexx test at ETC, 1,Oba Akran avenue (Or wherever you were tested and interviewed) we were told to choose a language we are conversant with. Among the options were, Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo and Pidgin. (I chose pidgin).

Granted a some applicants who chose pidgin were ultimately interviewed and did telephone interview with the Zain agent, but my enquiries with my contact in Zain and HRIndexx has shown that the initial series of training are for those who are users of the SPECIFIED languages in the newspaper advert. Zain makes requests for the agents that are invited for test and HRIndexx sends in the agents as requested by Zain. FOR NOW, ITS ONLY THOSE THAT CAN SPEAK THE AFOREMENTIONED LANGUAGES THAT ARE INVITED.

This, however, DOES NOT IMPLY THAT THE REST OF THE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE INVITED. Atleast having been Telephone interviewed by the Zain agent, it's obvious that you were recommended by HRIndexx to Zain, for training. All it requires of us is PATIENCE. I was personally DISAPPOINTED (I CRIED) when I got this feelers. But what can ANYONE do? While you watch and pray, APPLY to other places and see how it goes.

On a final note, If the take over by Vivendi does not interfere the Call Centre recruitment process, there is HOPE. The Call Centre NEEDS about 2000 agents (They wont all be Hausa or Yoruba speakers), with time all those who were recommended for training by HRIndexx stand a great chance of being invited for training and ULTIMATELY EMPLOYMENT. In the interim, dont let frustration set in. Get busy while you wait, DO SOMETHING, MAKE SOMETHING NO DO YOU.