+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Sitp Shell- Enquiries

Sitp Shell- Enquiries

Hello.

Please does anyone have any idea as to the requirement of the Shell SITP program? Also is it structured for Ordinary National Diploma holders? Are other oil companies in Nigeria running any kind of internship/training programs for National Diploma holders? I hEARD of Chevron recruiting ND holders, but no concrete facts or details. Any response can be posted in this thread or sent to my email address- [email protected].

Thanks.

Re: Sitp Shell- Enquiries

we have chevron who have their training sch at ogere ogun state.mobilhave their own school mts.its for 18 months

@ Korogba,Shell runs two programs,The Graduate Trainee Scheme(SITP/1) and the Non-Graduate Stream(SITP/2).The requirements are a Degree in any of the core engineering disciplines(Elect,Mech,Petroleum,Chemical)e.t.c and an OND in core engineering disciplines(at least lower credit) respectively.Currently the SITP/2 programme is on Hold due to funding issues.A new batch(Batch 14) may resume when these issues are sorted out.The program for OND Holders last for a year after which you do an interview,if successful,you may be considered for employment if there's availability.For SITP/1 they are staff on training,and the training lasts for a year.I think the next batch of SITP1 is scheduled to begin training in Edjeba,Warri in August.
    Mobil also take OND holders(at least lower credit),if successful after a test and interview,they will train you in their facility in Eket for 18 months after which you are issued a City and Guilds Certificate IV(equivalent to the london Higher National Certificate or in a way,HND).Upon successful completion of training in Mobil,you may be engaged by them for employment.
    Chevron and Total Upstream do their training at a facility in Ogere.The requirements are HND/OND(upper credit) and you are employed as a staff on training,however on a probation basis.The probation period being your training period,Upon successful completion,these companies ABSORB you to work for them.The duration of training for these companies differ TOTAL is usually about 8months and i think same applies for Chevron.

I hope this little piece is useful.And one other thing,Chevron and Total usually require fresh graduates who have completed their OND at most two years before the date of interview.While these may be overlooked for Shell and Mobil.

Don't worry keep visiting this site and i can assure you when their applications for the training are on,you'll know.

Best Regards!

anniwil, pls as regards to the info on SITP/1 pls when is the next SITP training holding, and how is info broadcasted? onlibe or newspaper?

I guys.

how about those that were put on hold by shell but did not get letter for srd or rejection. any hope from shell??
    $$$$$

i wish to apply for shell sitp training

[attachment deleted by admin]

@anniwil,
    Thanks for those very helpful hints.
    I wonder if you have and info about this other programme TOTAL runs at the IPS Uniport. I'l be grateful if you do and can share same.

Thanks for that costly info. Bless u!

+ Reply