+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: SAHARA GROUP GMTP

SAHARA GROUP GMTP

It is alarming how many people were on here requesing for information on the Sahara GMTP recruitment.

I understand its a done deal now, even though the final list is yet to be releaed. But I expected like last year's candidates, that one person who atteded the dinner interview and presentations tasks would talk about the experience here so other members can hear, learn and possibly prepare for next year...as well as create some blog gist to fill our dull moments...

Well...whether you guys talk about all the fun and drama or not I already know it (but wish other members of this house would too)...and mind you...peacesofpeace was the one who shared last year's experience...and he still lives on...

Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

Re: SAHARA GROUP GMTP

Thanks for ur info man.
    What I would like to know is; for an individual like myself who attended an interview with them for the third time somewhere around 21st of May, should I still keep faith of been possibly called? I haven't heard a thing about the outcome of the interview or anything. I applied for the GMTP.
    Much thank brother.

Nothing

I think you should wait for a next time... Ogie-Marshal. Because their recruitment has reached the last and final stage before the training commences. It was in a posh hotel somewhere in Lagos, where it was fun, stress and work all throughout. 1st of its kind in Nigeria, I must admit. Good luck next time.

It was at oriental hotel adjacent to the palms.. People checked in by 3pm on friday night, then were interviewed and quizzed till bout 11pm where they were shared into groups of 9.. (45).. Given various assignments which lasted to the wee hours of the morn.. Sat was not funnier, last 30 remained as they were called placed in front loads of exec from reputable firms, a 25 member board.. ... Questions from the moon.. Number reduced to 20.. They r nt even sure how many they want.. Pajero's, Hse Sports were d convey vehicles... Some who made it to the end after on d spot questions were given personal chaffuers to them home, by 11:30pm on sat.. Thats how it went down!

Yeah... Thats how it can be summarised... It was really, really cool in the long run.

my husband went for the gmtp interview but was told he is more experinced for the interview and promised to call him for experiece interview,uptill now he has not been called,does it mean they will not call him?

prince of peace i will like to av your number cos i was on dis gmtp interview bt dnt get 2 d last stage bt i op 2 apply next year i just nid ur contact numbr so dt i will get 2 knw wen d applicatn will me out next year or u can call me on 08056048016 if u dnt wnt 2 post ur number many tanx

No matter how busy you guys are I expected a more elaborate gist on that experience...Posh yeah...first of its kind in Naija yeah...but not enough...

http://www.naijahotjobs.com/index.ph...c,24430.0.html

Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

Ok...i'll reply peacesofpeace....I am one of those who made it through for this year's GMTP programme.
    There's so much to talk about and share, but if it helps someone for the next one(s), that will more than make up for my time.
    First i applied for he gmtp programme i think in March 09 through the sahara website...but it directed me straight to the hrindexx website. I completed all the application thingy and was told that they'd get in touch through a page on hrindexx website.
    Anyways, i think April 13th around 8pm i got a text messageto appear at hrindexx office at 11 or so...(I cant remember for sure what their address is anymore!)...It was a REAL tug of war.....not just to stay on the never ending queue...anyways..i think around 4pm i got to write a really simple test and have a one on one interview with a middle aged woman... she said i could expect a feedback the following week from sahara.

A week after i got a call from someone in sahara to attend an interview at 10a ikoya avenue... I got there only to sit there facing a panel of almost 20 interviewers asking me questions from almost all angles....jeez! it was not comfortable at all!

About 1 week after that again, i got an email from sahara that i was not successful bla bla...I was so sad eh! anyways...i just took my mind off that (wasnt easy at all!) but i know who I am, if they dont see that and what i can offer...oh well...too bad for them!

A week after that I got an email saying congratulations, i was invited for a further interview session at thesame 10a ikoya... I got there sha and this time around it was a panel of just 3 men...a white guy inclusive. I was so ready for them with my anwers ( I must have poured that previous aggression on my preparation this time around)..

About 4weeks after that i got an email to come for a final interview and sleep over at sahara's expense at a location that was later disclosed....(For confidentialiy....i am not able to give more details...sorry!)

Then it all started around 5.30 or 6.30 cant remember now....it was a dinner with tables well set for i thik a 3 -course meal! Honestly so much serenren!!! me all i wanted was the job, abi?
    We had to hand in our phones..so imagine how worried sick our folks must have been, esp mine! we were put into groups and had to appear before another panel......inclusive of one of the group directors this time!!
    After the end of the night some names were called out and those of us still remaining were told we had been successful so far!

We were then further divided into groups and we had to do a seris of interviews and presentation at the head office by 7am the next morning....infact by this time...my adrenaline was so shut up eh!

Anyways...by 11pm the next day we had completed all the sturvs we had to do and we were old they'd get back to us within 2weeks.

A week later i got an email that i was successful and subsequently got to do my documentation sturvs and medical thingy...

I hope this will help someone......bottomline......if you've been called in for any of the processes, you need to be confident, put ur mind on something else especially during the waitin times for the results...their silence can kill!

Wish me the best as I commence the programme...hopefully should give some more hints as time goes on....however i cant be too detailed, i'm sure you understand why!

Ciao xx

sumz i must congrts to u and tanx 4 d info am sure its goin 2 help me i wish i can av ur numbr so dat i can get in touch wit u as time goes on. cos i will be out 4 d programe next year once again congratulations

+ Reply