+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: problem changing from vista to xp

problem changing from vista to xp

hello room,
    i have laptop running on vista but i want to install windows xp on it. it gives message that the setup did not find any hardware on my system. please what do i do or how do i go about to install xp on it? suggestions will highly be appreciated.
    edwin

Re: problem changing from vista to xp

Well, that is a common problem with SATA drives. Most newer laptops comes with a sata hard drive ..so for u to see the drive from your XP installation disk, you will have to reconfigure the system BIOS to alllow ATA mode for the SATA operation. After you should be able to continue your installation ...OR you can press F6 button during hardware detection and manually load the SATA driver ( this may be difficult if your system has no floppy). If you need further assistance, for a nominal fee i will offer my services.
    Tim Dare MCSE,MCSA,CCNA<br />System/Network Engineer

hello, I just changed my vista to xp but i don't have any sound when i play my dvd.What do I do to install the sound drivers cos I have browsed 4 it.

for laptop problems contact me at [email protected],mail the make,model and service tag of the laptop to me,thanks,no cost involve,God bless you

Why are Nigerians fond of collecting money from every little help to fellow colleague.
    if oyinbo pple are like us there wouldnt be google or internet o. pls let us help each other for God sake.
    Young man, go to the setup of the system, change the HDD connection from SATA to IDE. the problem is that Window XP does not recognises SATA HDD connection.
    if you have any problem mail me on [email protected] or text me on 080322477.. later

@edimbasy. I wnt 2 bliv uv gone 2ru d support site of ur laptp model and stil cldnt get d drivrs. Dt means dia no xp drivrs 4ur vista lptp. Il advice u switch bak 2 vista and instal xp within it usin microsoft virtual pc 2008. Dt way u cn use both OS's and nt wry bout sound. Nid mo info? Hit me on [email protected]. & dnt wry, a nt chargn u a kobo. Av fun!
    A

thx to all those who have a free mind of helping.......others should learn from it...not everything should involve money....
    Aim for the top....its less crowded there

+ Reply