Closed Topic + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Please read and respond wisely

Please read and respond wisely

A very close friend of mine got a job of 50k in lag and has a pregnant wif in oyo state who wil put 2bed anytm.he wants to go cos he hasnt gotten a job for 3yrs n he is 30yrs old.he doesnt want to go cos d wife wil b lonely as d job includes weekends.pls wat should i advise him 2do.pls just b specific,should he tak it or not or do u tink they can manage?

Re: Please read and respond wisely

Let him stay wit d wife,then he go hear am when d wife leave am for greener pasture

Quote Originally Posted by mosunjoseph View Post
    A very close friend of mine got a job of 50k in lag and has a pregnant wif in oyo state who wil put 2bed anytm.he wants to go cos he hasnt gotten a job for 3yrs n he is 30yrs old.he doesnt want to go cos d wife wil b lonely as d job includes weekends.pls wat should i advise him 2do.pls just b specific,should he tak it or not or do u tink they can manage?
    pls bro, i jst need 2 say dis; if d work include weekend den he should consinder two things here, 1. His he free 2 source 4 oda job while working. 2. Is dis work related 2 his field or can he build up a career while working in dis coy.
    If he fink d job will make him handicap( dat is not related 2 his career objective) n he his not free 2 source 4 any oda job, then i huge u 2 beseech him 2 rethink, cos if he take d job, i pray he don't remain in 1 place 4 ever n he will not b different 4rm a dropout or some1 dat has never been 2 skol b4.
    Bor on d other side of it, if d job is in line with what he want bor d package is small, then he can start his career wit d coy, manage d little change n his cv will b identify as an experinced 1. When better opportunity comes, he move on with his life.
    Pls dis is all i can say 4or now, i hope my contribution adjure some sense. 10x bro

Quote Originally Posted by mosunjoseph View Post
    just as yomie84 has said,u have to check the opportunity cost as in regards ur career path.
    even at that it is more advantaged to switch to a new job once ur exprienced than a fresh grad.
    as for me impossibilty should not be found in your dictionary for now who knows that might be your STEPPING STONE to ur dream job,my advice if ur mum is still alive or ur younger siblings, relation,cousins etc close friends. then go to lagos and survey ur the job if u can adapt to it.ur suituation is only temporary.

i quite agree with what d last 2contributors said. bro take them into consideration.

sometimes, we young pple seems nt 2 have a clear sense of direction. Honestly, by his age now, he alone is in d best position 2 know what's more important 2 him. Anythin u say is only secondary. Let him sit wit his wife n objectively assess n interpret dia reality. I tell u, there 'll b costs implication on either of d choice.

All d best him.

Let him take the job cos d experience matters a lot and d cash will flow later. As for d wife, there are 2 suggestions: 1. He leaves her behind with his mum or elder brothers if any or extended family @ d villa. 2. If he can afford an apartment in lag, then he takes d wife along wit him.

I think the two options above are most probable solution.

This is a bright idea. It's d best and honest advice.

Quote Originally Posted by yomi84 View Post
    pls bro, i jst need 2 say dis; if d work include weekend den he should consinder two things here, 1. His he free 2 source 4 oda job while working. 2. Is dis work related 2 his field or can he build up a career while working in dis coy.

If he fink d job will make him handicap( dat is not related 2 his career objective) n he his not free 2 source 4 any oda job, then i huge u 2 beseech him 2 rethink, cos if he take d job, i pray he don't remain in 1 place 4 ever n he will not b different 4rm a dropout or some1 dat has never been 2 skol b4.

Bor on d other side of it, if d job is in line with what he want bor d package is small, then he can start his career wit d coy, manage d little change n his cv will b identify as an experinced 1. When better opportunity comes, he move on with his life.
    Pls dis is all i can say 4or now, i hope my contribution adjure some sense. 10x bro

If u're agreeing to the above, consider this as well;

Quote Originally Posted by davechika View Post
    just as yomie84 has said,u have to check the opportunity cost as in regards ur career path.
    even at that it is more advantaged to switch to a new job once ur exprienced than a fresh grad.
    as for me impossibilty should not be found in your dictionary for now who knows that might be your STEPPING STONE to ur dream job,my advice if ur mum is still alive or ur younger siblings, relation,cousins etc close friends. then go to lagos and survey ur the job if u can adapt to it.ur suituation is only temporary.
    On his behalf, i say well done, guys. One luv

you said he hasnt had a job for 3years now? Who has been feeding, clothing and sheltering him? How has he been paying rent and oda bills? Is it his wife, relatives or family? Has he been totally dependent on the provider for 3 whole years?
    Whichever way, taking the job would bring in more income for the family, and help him regain his respect as the man of the house. How can u guys be talking of a ''fulfilling career path'' for someone wo hadnt seen the walls of a workplace in 36 whole months! He had better enter the next bus to lag and take the job before it becomes too late!

My advice: He should take the job...and possibly work towards relocating his family to lag.

He shd take d JOB. B4 leaving 4 Lag, let him make arrangement for his wife's upkeep.

Go for the job let your wife stay with your parents or her own parent for the time being. After some weeks your mind will be settled then u'll know whether to continue with the job or work to save money to establish your own business. Better still, Go to the Lord in prayer.

My guy , If you don't take the job eh .... na huuuunnnnngggggggeeeeeerrrrr go wire the new baby to come.....you do you think will buy the pampers for you

Closed Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast