+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: NNPC Wahala!

NNPC Wahala!

I've been following the NNPC thread with great concern but almost stand aloof until some bad news just stirred me up. That the aborted cancellation of the firemen test was because some unscrupulous elements in the system who got the powers were fielding in candidates of their own choice at the towers before the exam was even conducted. I must think this applies to the experienced hires too. Who knows the prolonged release of the GT interview result might be surfering the same faith? I call on great members of this forum, especially the NNPC hopefuls to join hands in war with the management of the corporation, some of which are old enough to leave the seat for the younger generation of erudites! We must use whatever instruments at our disposal to checkmate this dastardly act of nepotism in our beloved country, Nigeria. No body must rub us of our destinies. "WHO THE CAP FIT, LET HIM WEAR IT". Lets reach out to the press or national assemly if possible.
    One love!!

Re: NNPC Wahala!

I concur!!! It aint fair!!!

I think its high time we hand all to God and stand still as He fights for us, house please lets all join this cause through prayers!!!!

I AV ALWAYS BEEN IN SUPPORT OF CHECKING THIS WICKED MEN WHO ARE TRYING TO CHEAT US. PLS HOW CAN WE GET T O A GOOD NEWSPAPER TO PUBLISH WHY THEY ARE WAITING TO RELEASE THE RESULTS OR HOW CAN WE REACH THE NATIONAL ASSEMBLY? REMEMBER IT IS ALMOST A YEAR SINCE WE FIRST APLIED FOR THE JOB. WE HAVE TO MAKE THEM POPULAR IN THE PAPERS. I SHOULD THINK THERE IS A FREE FORUM FOR EXPRESSING ONES VIEW IN THE NATIONAL DAILIES. ANY ONE OF US WHO CAN WRITE VERY WELL CAN USE THAT FORUM TO EXPOSE THEM. MAYBE THEY WILL REACT.

@ brave justice and boson
    first off , you guys have not been employed yet. What sort of message are you trying to send ? Do you honestly think NNPC would want to employ people who are ready to plot a coup even before they are employed?
    NNPC is not the end of the road. Don't focus on them. Do something else. Focus on your present job-if you hate it, get a better view, try to like it; if you don't have a job, learn something - web site design, autocad, anything. Apply to a school and seek scholarship. Just get a life.
    Trust me , rallying and painting NNPC black is definitely not the way to get hired by them.

thanks man and beside the firemen stuff was not cancelled but prosponed till further notice.

MorganT you are absolutely right

Morgan T, thanks a lot for you are actually right.
    My guys, planning to bring down people that wants to employ you is not the way out. You guys should even be praying for favour and not a forum to castigate people. Believe me, it does not really go down well with such attitude, there are other opportunities so don't allow your live to depend on NNPC alone.

Yes , i agree with MorganT!!! But let them tell us wat is going on . . . .

On the fact that u cant suit or do anything to them becos u r not yet employed is FALSE and ppl of Nigeria should know their rights!

YES U CAN!!! U ask them tp produce the sheets and other documents on the applicants(i.e the court) know how they did the recruitment and their criteria for choosing the candidates.Investigation is then carried out with alot of probing. . . .so my dear It can happen!!!It is only in Nigeria ppl r so afraid to fight!

That said, it will go along way if NNPC can boldly come out and talk abt wat is going on. . . their being quiet abt it is an insult,fine we r not ministers or govs but we r humans and deserve to be treated as one.

I know they might bounce me becos i have no one in there. . . .so whatever happens Life continues for me.

Cheers!

Hey Guys!
    NNPC dont owe U an apology...cos U re not yet an employee. This is very correct. So the issue of going to act as if its your right is totally out of place here. Wat I think should happen is a peaceful enquiries on what is actually delaying d process which even if they dont answer U...U don have an option dan to keep quiet. U can consult a lawyer friend and get more details on employer-employee relationship...Den U will agree dat U dont need to apply a forceful approach else U lose everything. Beside NNPC is not d only company wit this attitude. Its becoming so normal among most of these companies to delay things wit reasons best known by dem.
    Cash Rules Everytin Around Me(CREAM)...

@dawaskee

I, for one is not asking for any apology from NNPC and i dont know if anybody here is. . .as a graduate and a worker i sure know i am not 'yet' an employee with NNPC and sure know i dont have a right to sue them to court as an employee. . . . but a court can sure probe into the recruitment exercise to be sure the proper procedures were followed during the recruitment. . . .and not that names where added to the successful candidates list just becos of the fact that they know someone in there.

That I tell U can Happen. . . . even here in a corrupt-driven country!!!!

All in all, i pray we get positive outcomes for those that that turned out the best from the exercise.

Cheers!

May I use this opportunity to salute those who have responded in affirmation to my earlier post. U see, if there is any thing dynamic in life, it's "CHANGE". We all are agents of positive transformation in our society. Old things must pass away and new things must come, so the holy book says. Like in the words of Carl Juang: "As far as I can discern, the sole aim of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being". For how long shall we wait and see evil perpetrated in our land? Nepotism and Godfatherism, among many others are some of the negative remarks about Nigeria. NNPC is a government coy, not a family business and so, we all have a stake in it.
    @Morgan T & co:
    I am not a handicap or a begger! I work with a new generation bank and well boxed up. I have so many ideas in my head and ready to forge ahead. I know my onions and very good at it too. With my young age, the sky is just my spring board. I only reacted because we must fight hard to extinguish injustice and corrupt practices in this country. And for NNPC, the only way we can be moved by the music of transformation as enchanted by the corporation is to see them do things with purity and without skeleton in the cupboard. It must have to start with those in position NOW!!
    I rest my case.

patience my friends is wat u all nid,we all knw the truma nnpc management is going tru recently.if nnpc has not responded u dont av to sit n wait 4 thm,nnpc does not pay up to half wat sm other oil n gas firms pay so why not look elsewhere for nw.d fact dat we were all in d towers in december does not guarantee u an appointmnt letter.b up n doin dats my lil advice 4 u all.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast