+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Topic: NNPC INTERVIEW GIST

Re: NNPC INTERVIEW GIST

THANKS GUYS, TO THOSE THAT HAVE DONE THE INTERVIEW I SAY THANK YOU 4 SHARING AN TO THOSE OF US THAT ARE YET TO DO I SAY GOODLUCK.MY AKKAH MAKE THINGS EASY FOR WE ALL.AMIN
    Jst ma candid opinion

NNPC recruitment is just a big joke. At the end of the day, u'll be rest assured that over 70% of the intake will be from the northern states. Who is fooling who? If they really want things to go well in this country they should try and be a little more transparent. I did my IT in NNPC and I will assure u that that place is one hell of place to work. Most engineers there spend 3-4 years doing relamping (ie changing bad electric light bulbs and flourescent tubes) and test running pump-motors. The plantsare always breaking down. They are always giving out bogous contracts. They are not refining any product. All the product we use in this country are 100% imported. It's just a shame.

guy na wah for u ,why u wan fall we spirit. House its not true that the refineries aint working i know for fact that WRPC work ed for sometime before the chamomy creek pipeline was disrupted by our brothers and Krpc was about to come on stream.The nnpc is a reflection of the larger society that we find ourselves in,are uor roads not bad,health facilities nko.Abeg let anybody that can get there do,wetin concern person wey dey receive heffty salary if dey like let them tell him him to sweep as long as he gets paid WELL.I rest my case.!!!
    Jst ma candid opinion

its true the WRPC did come on stream. in fact, where i stayed during my NYSC was opposite the refinery. i saw the flares.
    however, i believe we all need to be positive and if anything is going to change it'll start from us. whether we like it or not, its our country and nobody would fix it for us.
    the nnpc of brazil and malaysia are now big players in their countries, come on guys we can fix this country. if obama can be the first black president-elect, then 'we can'.
    GOD help us

House, pls is nnpc started calling people. I did my test in Benin. Pls let me know.

I read the last 3 to 4 posts with so much sobriety that i weep but yet have faith in this country of ours.
    I appreciate Uchenna's comment, however, i think he needs to believe that you cant clean a gutter best without having to enter it. How do we expect a change in our system if all we do is sit in our closets, lament and critize. To make the change we v got to get in there. So pls lets think positive and have objective views to issues. Can we achieve, as Olam said earlier, like the Brazils and Malaysias of this world? Yes We Can!!!

By the way, i am also an NNPC hopeful. I know not no man but my abilities and my God i know.
    No be God?

Brothers/sis,
    I appreciate your honesty in facing this very issue but I want to state here that I am not trying to demoralize anybody the let the truth be said.
    First of all, I believe that all the hopefuls should know what they are up against before they get in there. Like I wrote in the initial post, I did my IT there and I still visit there (have plenty friends there). In fact the refinery is just at the back of my House: I live in Alesa-Eleme Rivers state. The sad thing about the situation is not just the operational status of the refinery but the mindsets of the top managers both in the refinery and in their CHQ Abuja; it's all a very big laugh.
    While I was in the refinery there was a course for the refinery plant operating staff in Japan. The course is suppose help equip them to run the plants without any ex-patriates' assistance (the refinery is built by France, japan and UK) But to my greatest amazement, some of the 'big ogas' that do not know how the plants work went for the course because of the fat allowances that come with the programme. Again there are 3 TG generators in PPU,and each of these generates 54MW but could you believe that most times for up to 3 days there won't be power in both the Refinery complex and the adjoining PPMC depot. All they do is award bogus contract for refurbishing the generators and they have been doing this for years when they could buy new generators (How much would it cost them?) The fact is that the 'Ogas' award the contracts to themselves or to companies they have interests in.
    I worked with a refinery staff (an electrical engineer) who could not interpret the readings on the PLC and even on the common displays on the diesel generators. Most of them just come to work, jist and go home. and I don't blame them: THERE IS NOTHING TO DO. Another truth is that the refinery, at it current status, can function well with 20% of it's workforce.
    I read someone say something about seeing smoke (flare) from the refinery. That does not mean they refining. What they do is blending the products. They import refined products and then blend them with naphtha.
    TAKE THIS FROM ME, THE REFINERIES WORK ON ZERO! INSTALLED CAPACITY. The Area 4, which is a chemical plant is being dismantled. REASON? they said it too dangerous to operate the plant. Some of you might agree with that but they still need HF for their operation. I guess they prefer to import it.
    The painful part is what NNPC published on the newspapers sometime about the refinery working on 70% installed capacity: I happened to be there at that time and at this very time the Area5 which was the first refinery shell built had stopped working for over 10years. They lie a lot. I NNPC just send phony reports to the public. They are just a microcosm of the greater Nigeria today.
    All the same I wish you all NNPC hopeful success. For those of you who would find yourselves in Mech and Chem. You might be seeing a bit of action: maybe you could get to change valves once in a while. In Oil Movement, you will be rest assured to be doing the same thing for the rest of your stay there. Instrumentation has a lot to do there maybe it is because most of the valves there are aged and you will be doing a lot of repair work, BUT electrical, Just get ready to be changing bulbs and test running pump-motors 'on no load'.
    You should not get me wrong fellas, am just an optimistic-realist. What a terrible combination you might say but that's who I am.
    Let's hope for the best.

All the same we will be there to put things right

Nigerians can never b satisfied.A friend of mine jst left slumBJ 2 nnpc citing some very stupid reasons anoda jst left shell 2 LNG citing some more stupid reasons.I wuld b much more comfortable havin someone who is currently on nnpc paylist coming to dis forum saying he has jst submitted his resignation letter bcos there seem 2 b no work 2 do.I doubt if i am eva going 2 see such..pls I.T.(industrial training) is no appointment if dem employ u u go reject am...People dat write bulls..t have either failed d test or do not meet requirmnt 2 write...cest fini.

@ last poster,
    abeg,i second,o jare.
    who cares whether there is work or not as far as am being paid?wt d fringe benefits,too. but i jst know that we cannot affect d system from outside.
    isn't it better than staying @ om or lavishn my eng'g skills on a bank or some other "funny" places of work?
    anyway.i did d interview & i am waiting in faith.i am sure i'll be among the pple 2 be chosen IJN(amen)
    my dear hopefuls, c u @ d training.i hear it starts in Jan/Feb '09.

@ last poster,
    abeg,i second,o jare.
    who cares whether there is work or not as far as am being paid?wt d fringe benefits,too. but i jst know that we cannot affect d system from outside.
    isn't it better than staying @ om or lavishn my eng'g skills on a bank or some other "funny" places of work?
    anyway.i did d interview & i am waiting in faith.i am sure i'll be among the pple 2 be chosen IJN(amen)
    my dear hopefuls, c u @ d training.i hear it starts in Jan/Feb '09.

Hey Sisi Jisola,
    How are going to change a system with your kind of attitude; ''WHO CARES''. Change needs passion and enthusiasm. Everyone is probably right; NNPC is not much of fun in working experience; and guys need to earn a handsome living. But we must change this country. They guys on top are not going to change anything, they are far too compromised. The younger generation must be the change agents or perpetually watch this nation rot.

A career is more important than money down the line, ask the older fellows. CHEERS

plssssssss when do NNPC seeks for CVs? is the process some how still on?
    Tonye Horsfall

+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast