+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: lenovo blue screen issues

lenovo blue screen issues

Hello guys,please can somebody hint me on how to go about a particular lenovo system using window xp.The developed fault is blue screen with some error messages that "if this is the first time you are seeing this,restart but when it persist disable any recent hardware or software recently install and if it persit contact your vendor". The irony of it is that at times it will work for a while and hang before showing the blue screen.Thanks for your anticipated reply

Re: lenovo blue screen issues

i saw ur massage and wish to help.

once ur system restarts, while it is booting up hit the appropriate bottun to enter the set up mode frome which u should navigate to the page in which u will see best performance settings or load default settings or similar statement will find and execute it.

we u luck.

@stbeno tanx 4 ur reply..But av done wat u said even b4 and its was d same.I even try installing the os(xp) afresh still gav d same fault.Though dat one worked 4 a while and later went bak to its blue screen wen som packages were installed on the system.I am suspecting the harddrive, but d system is not upto 6 months.

yeah, the hard drive could be bad or u have a corrupt memory if after reinstalling a fresh copy. did u do a clean installation or ur repaired the old one. blue screen (bsod) are common with hardwares. try and boot from safe mode if successful, run a chkdsk /f on ur system to fix any hard disk error. then restart in normal mode.
    to start in safe mode start ur computer and continue pressing f8 until u see advance startup option. select safe mode and press enter

+ Reply