+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: GAINS OF PTDF OVERSEA SCHOLARSHIP

GAINS OF PTDF OVERSEA SCHOLARSHIP

UK UNIVERSITY HONOURS PTDF M.SC SCHOLAR

A beneficiary of the Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) Overseas Scholarship scheme, Marcus Edino, has received honors and commendation for exceptional academic scholarship by the Glasgow Caledonian University in the United Kingdom.

Mr. Marcus Edino, a PTDF 2007/2008 M.SC Scholar in Energy and Environmental Management came out tops in his class thereby securing an unconditional admission for a Ph.D Programme under the Scholarship Scheme of the University.

In a letter of appreciation to the Management of PTDF, an obviously exhilarated Marcus Edino, thanked the Federal Government for the rare privilege offered by the Overseas Training Programme and PTDF, which through its transparent conduct of the scheme made it possible for a Nigerian like him with no means and no connections, and from an obscure village in Kogi State, to benefit from the Scholarship Scheme.

Mr. Marcus Edino says he is a living testimony that PTDF Scholarship Awards are given out on merit. According to him “I applied for the PTDF Overseas Scholarship Funding in October 2006 reluctantly, with the conviction that since neither my father nor mother had ever visited Abuja and since no member of my family is privileged to be in power, my application was going to be pushed aside. Like joke, I was shortlisted for the aptitude test. Then like a dream, on the 5th of March 2007, my name was published in “This day Newspaper” as one of the two beneficiaries from Kogi State.It was the first time someone was going to participate in that Scheme from my village. Today it has changed the orientation of my people”. He commended PTDF for upholding merit in the face of wrong notion by many that nothing good can come from Nigeria.

Mr. Marcus Edino, the child of a poor farmer will begin his Ph.D Programme this September. He intends to return to Nigeria after the Ph.D Programme and contribute in finding solutions to the energy and environmental problems

Re: GAINS OF PTDF OVERSEA SCHOLARSHIP

SO THIS PROGRAMIS PURELY ON MERIT BASIS?...LET SEE HOW IT GOES 4 THE NEXT SHORTLISTISTING....
    may the power of love overcome the love of power!

lets see how it goes. it is a very good initiative but can dey keep up wif it

Well lets give 'em the benefit of the doubt...
    Bravo Marcus!!!
    go make us proud guys
    If the sky's the limit, why are there footsteps on the moon?

To my understanding, I met up with all PTDF OSS requirements. I applied for the scholarship thrice; my service 2006 & in 2007, but not shortlisted for the exams and I still put in another one in 2008 & I am prayerfully waiting... But that is not to rule out the possibility of merit being followed, Cos I know of friends from poor background who have gotten the scholarship. On the other hand, politics can not be rule out.

PTDF is purely on Merits.I can tell u cos I Came,I saw and I conqured.At d last induction 2008/2009 in Abuja I had 4 of my classmates that were commoners like me.As a matter of fact I discovered all d new friends I met were either poorer than me or Pako like me. Dont b deceived or discoraged study hard,practice regularly and u will grab it.All d best to all hopefuls.

+ Reply