+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Flour Mills GSE test result, my score is funny! Take a look

MMJ

Flour Mills GSE test result, my score is funny! Take a look

House, I got my test result this morning aroud 6:30am. It’s the poorest result I have ever gotten since I have been writing aptitude tests---28%.

I was even dissapointed with myself bcos I have neva written a computer based test and when I was clicking and clicking yesterday, hardly do I know what I was doing and the time was counting down in a manner that I began to fidget – I was simply not organised.

House pls, is it true that gse practises negative marking including unanswered options bcos for Verbal section, I was able to do half, which to the best of my knowlegde was correct but was scored 25%.

The diagramatic test section was the worst. Scored 12%. I couldn’t just understand the diagrams to determine the logic behind them. I was just looking at them like interesting photographs

Anyway, I have learnt my lesson. Experience, they say, is a hard teacher bcos she will give u the test before the lesson.

Do I have any hope of being called for interview?

Re: Flour Mills GSE test result, my score is funny! Take a look

Hi, how did you get your results? Was it by email or sms? Can you start from anywhere when writing the exam. What i mean is that can one stop at number 28 and move to 50 and come back later to finish the questions you have not done?

Hi guys,sorry i dont really no how this text is being organised?pls can somebody explain things to me,i register for the FM but,is it that i will be called by means of msg or i'll just go for the test without invitation or what .pls can sb free me.thanks

house, pls did anybody rescheduled his/her test. i've rescheduled mine, hope i'll be able to do it later. i really need to prepare well for it o . computer based abi what did you say. i must score 90% oooooooooo

hi,you can rescheduled ur test, u have no problem

Quote Originally Posted by MMJ
    House, I got my test result this morning aroud 6:30am. It’s the poorest result I have ever gotten since I have been writing aptitude tests---28%.

I was even dissapointed with myself bcos I have neva written a computer based test and when I was clicking and clicking yesterday, hardly do I know what I was doing and the time was counting down in a manner that I began to fidget – I was simply not organised.

House pls, is it true that gse practises negative marking including unanswered options bcos for Verbal section, I was able to do half, which to the best of my knowlegde was correct but was scored 25%.

The diagramatic test section was the worst. Scored 12%. I couldn’t just understand the diagrams to determine the logic behind them. I was just looking at them like interesting photographs

Anyway, I have learnt my lesson. Experience, they say, is a hard teacher bcos she will give u the test before the lesson.

Do I have any hope of being called for interview?
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN MY BROTHER , DONT WORRY SINCE THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME AND GOOD THING IT WAS PAID FOR YOU, IMAGINE PAYI G 5K AND HAVING SUCH RESULT, I GUESS THAT WOULD BE MORE PAINFUL THOUGH. BUT ANYWAY ,NOW YOU KNOW WHAT COMPUTER BASED TESTS ARE LIKE, SO BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME. PEACE.

MMJ

@ chic-aaa,
    I got my result tru text msg

hey, how did u reschedule ur text, pls house give me info on how to reschedule the gse text plsssssssss

Hw many questions were u given to answer? Reply pls

I WROTE AT CHAMS CITY ABUJA N I GOT 35%..NAWA.. LETS SEE WAT FLOUR MILLS WOULD DO SHA..THEY WILL CALL FOR INTERVIEW BASED ON THE GENERAL PERFORMANCE..THAT GSE NO B NORMAL EXAM OO FORGET PLAY

i got 50 perct but i am still worried for i hoped for more than that.lets wait and see their cut-off.

A piece of advice. Dont ever give up. You are still the best. Dont ever condemn yourself. It is well with you. One Love
    "It is while smitting that one becomes blacksmith"

I think i have cracked the GSE code for scoring... There is negative marking. The number of questions you fail is subtracted from 20 (in the case of verbal and numerical reasoning and 17 in the case of abstract reasoning) to get your normal score, it is then subtracted again and 1 is added to the result and the final result is then multiplied by 5 in the case of numerical and logical reasoning and 5.9 in the case of abstract reasoning. Let me use an example.

Lets say you failed 3 questions in numerical reasoning, the calculation would be like this

20-3=17 (to get yor normal score)
    17-3=14 (cos of the negative marking)
    14+1=15
    15x5=75%
    So someone who fails 3 questions will eventually score 75%
    Too technical?

Lets try another

Lets say someone failed 4 questions in verbal, the calculation would go this way

20-4=16 (to get your normal score)
    16-4=12 (negative marking)
    12+1=13
    13x5=65%
    Capisce? Hope that helps your self esteem.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast