+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: First bank or Oil Servicing Comp.

Re: First bank or Oil Servicing Comp.

Quote Originally Posted by 4lag
    you better go for the oil servicing,then you go ahead and add additional degree.by the end of the 2years ,you must have had two things
    1. experiences to work in any O and G
    2 additional degre to you pedigree.

this will help you in securing a better job after your contracts expires
    Hmmm....

@Poster most of the people on this forum are job seekers like you. They don't know better than you do.

My candid advice is;meet your mentor(if you have 1) or a succesful career person for advive.

From experience oil servicing companies find it difficult allowing there staff to go fro higher degrees(talk less when you are on contract). They stream-line the staff's knowledge making them unmarketable.

Also from experience in the oil industry, experienced hire starts in most cases from 5yrs. With 2yrs experience you will still be seen as a trainee. Hence, after spending 2yrs in that Oil servicing firm and you chose or you are asked to leave you will sart looking for job as a trainee afresh

So examine any choice you make very well.

Quote Originally Posted by emygreat19
    If you're adventurous, then go for the oil company cos the pay is higher than firstbank's entry level which is about N110000.Then after your contract expires in the next two yrs and it isn't renewed, you hit the road looking for sth else to do. Not much of a bad idea cos then you've got more experience to get you another job faster. But, if you're looking for some kind of stability and maybe career building, then settle for firstbank. cos there you've got job security and after you're confirmed in 6months,you're salary is reviewed and to sth higher than the N150,000.the choice is yours to make.I wish you the best
    i agree with emmygreat19

@supereagle i agree with your contribution but not in totality you should understand that most of us here are managers at verious level who visit this site to give information about jobs or get information to move higher not at entry hmmmmm one love

@Ojeabulu, my apologies.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12