+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Extract from teusday Guardian - Telecoms

Extract from teusday Guardian - Telecoms

CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IN LEADING TELECOMMUNICATIONS COMPANY
    Universal Telecom is one of the fastest growing tele-communications company in Europe. The company provides services such as Network and IT solutions, fixed and Mobile Telecoms, tracking & EPOS till systems to Governments, businesses and individuals through one of the largest networks in the world.
    We are about opening offices in Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Port Harcourt and Warri. We require suitably qualified candidates for the following positions
    A) Management Trainees
    Successful candidates will enter into a comprehensive and competitive internship program where they will be actively trained and mentored to our standard before being deployed to areas of interest and ability.
    Requirements – A first degree or its equivalent in sciences, social sciences or humanities. Fresh graduates (i.e. Post NYSC) are welcome. Age 26 and below.
    B) Corporate Communication Officers
    The successful candidates will Manage media related functions, assist in corporate social responsibility program, manage marketing campaigns, promos and assist in the execution of community relations program.
    Requirements- A first degree or its equivalent in social sciences, humanities, administration or other related discipline. Maximum 3 years post graduation experience. Age 28 and below.
    C) Administrative Officers
    Successful candidates will report to the Finance and Admin Manager. He/she will assist in managing the companies human resources and administrative functions.
    Requirements – A first degree in law, business administration, human resources management or other related discipline. Maximum of 2 years post graduation experience (a little experience will do). Age 27 and below.
    D) Safety Officers
    The successful candidate’s will ensure function ability of safety equipment, ensure practices are in line with Global standards, advise management on aspects of hazards control and risk associated with companies operations, ensure the company creates a accident free working environment.
    Requirements – A first degree or its equivalent in mechanical, electrical, civil or environment engineering or any related field. Age 30 years and below.
    HOW TO APPLY
    Interested candidates should text their names, choice (A,B,C, or D), disciple, age, sex, preferred working location (Between Abuja, Lagos, Kano, PH & Warri) to 35058. Type ‘Skype’ before your name e.g. Skype* Matheuw Wilcox*B*Accounting*26*Male*Abuja.
    Send all applications within 2 weeks of this publication. Successful candidates will be contacted 3 weeks after expiration of this advert. Multiple applications will not be welcome as we are hoping to have a small volume of applicants.
    Remuneration and conditions of service for all positions are highly competitive as in any Multi- national company.

Re: Extract from teusday Guardian - Telecoms

I wonder which Telecoms firm this is. I am quite apprehensive about the mode of aplication. answers anyone?

I had no doubts about the authenticity of this especially as it was a half page advert in the 'Guardian' but i got mad when the freaks collected N100 from my phone for the text.
    I'm just keeping my fingers crossed.

Since this so-called Telecoms company will be getting only my name, my age, my course of study and my location (I'm deliberately leaving out the illegal N100), then what on earth will their selection criteria be? If they had added something like "The more the number of applications U make, the more Ur chances of getting the job",I wouldn't have asked this question.
    I am what I am just by HIS Grace! . . . The Future is Bright; The Future is Me!

Its clear dat this must be a real scam. As we all know, the easiest way to identify a scam is when they ask applicants to pay money. These guys are smart scammers cos they didnt mention the N100 fee in their advert. It's too bad cos i'm already a victim.
    I blame MTN

i was surprised also when 100naira was deducted...i advice newspaper companies to be carrying out investigation on authenticity of adverts b4 putting on papers

It's just saddening that there are now all sorts of scams/scammers out there exploiting the unfortunate unemployment situation of Nigerian youths. One has to really examine closely any vacancy or call for application one hears about nowadays. God help us all!

It's just saddening that there are now all sorts of scams/scammers out there exploiting the unfortunate unemployment situation of Nigerian youths. One has to really examine closely any vacancy or call for application one hears about nowadays. God help us all!

+ Reply