+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Bristow Helicopter is calling

Bristow Helicopter is calling

I have just been called for a test by Bristow Helicopters, can any body please help with the expected questions

Helicopter guys

Congrats. My guy got ur to final interview stage last year. All things being equal, the question takes this shape:

* essay on how plane flies.
    * why do you want to fly.
    * things like that.

I'm mailing from phone. Maybe 07040727770. Good luck n still pray for us cos of our job endeavours to come up soon.

Let's all be good Nigerians. UD.

Re: Bristow Helicopter is calling

is it just essays. what else should one expect

BRISTOW HELICOPTER.
    Pls house i was called for their app. Test, how does their test look like. U can reach thro my mail : [email protected]

ON THIS FORUM HERE IS ALL DAT HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN DISCUSSED ABOUT PREPARATION FOR BRISTOW HELICOPTERS:

Below is a sample of there invitation email so i guess it will be strictly on invitation but like l always tell the house there is no harm in trial regarding gatecrashing...all things are possible

"We acknowledge the receipt of your application to be sponsored for Helicopter Pilot Training as a Cadet Pilot by our organization.
    We are pleased to inform you that you have been selected for an Aptitude Test scheduled as follows:-Date: 3RD FEBRUARY 2009,Time: 8AM PROMPT, Venue:-Sheraton Hotels and Towers, 30, Mobolaji Bank Anthony Way , Ikeja, Lagos .Kindly come along with this letter, your entire original credentials as well as writing materials (no calculator),Failure to arrive on time or without your credentials (WAEC or equivalent, Degree / Diploma Certificate, NYSC and Birth Certificate) will result in disqualification.Please note that the company will only employ candidates upon successful completion of flying training course.
    Thank you."

dear friend,
    i wrote their test last year and its all about the principles of an aircraft...how its flies...and anything you can lay your hands on about the operations of a helicopter.Learn how to label the parts of the turbo-engine,Learn about what happens when one engine goes out.
    Also revise your elementary maths and english.
    Then we were asked to write our state and local government one the script even the name of our community.
    Wishing you all the best

Kemistris,
    U will be asked to write an essay on "why u want to become a pilot."Ur eassy is very important in assessin us purely on merit
    My bro did the test last year and is now working for them (on training in usa)
    Best of luck to y all

it consists of five parts
    2 essays
    3 other

concentrate on temperature conversion
    mechanical GMAT
    then english

write your essay as brief as possible
    The test consists of five sections, which are two essays, gmat, verbal and mechanical test.
    Essays- First question is why do you want to become an helicopter pilot while the second question how do an airplane and helicopter flies.

GMAT- Learn the mathematics aspect then a little knowledge of your physics and dont forget to brush how to convert fahrenheit to celsius.

VERBAl- This has to do with aviation terminologies but they are still simple english like altitude and co.

MECHANICAL- The normal oil and gas mechanical question like gear and pulley diagrams and their where one will rotate to if the other goes in a particular direction.
    Best of luck guys
    This guy has spelt it out for you. take time now and write out key points why you want to to become a pilot.
    you need to present to them that it is something you desire,
    you have the ability to stay focused,
    ability to work under duress( tension, long manhours)
    finally clearity and concise nature of your essay under 250 words.

The second essay test on technicality effect of force and which forces are required in the lifting off of a plane, and helicopter.
    research on the effect of torque, and drag forces etc

for all those who dropped lines, i say KUDOS

I cant really remember the duration clearly again but its like the normal aptitude with an average question of 50 where you need speed and accuracy but the most important part is the essay where you tell them why you want to become an helicopter pilot. The semantic (aviation terminologies)has much time than the others, if you scale through first stage based on your essay and one seating result in WAEC, you will be called that same day to come the following day for a short interview where they ll want to know about your drives and what you know abt the company, might not take more than 10 mins but its not a guarantee that you are going for the second stage.
    The second stage is a computer adaptive test, the first one is a soccer game to test your analytical abilities while the other three will be a flying game test, but not to worry, you will be given a well explainatory instruction before the stat of each section. You will later be tested on your familiarity with copter instruments and its types
    The last interview is alwaz with one of their pilots and u wil later be shipped to USA for trainin. So, its not over until its over cos i cudnt make all the stages myself
    @dthcaller l must confess that l wrote well, take it from me, cos l prepare well...d oyibo man interviewed your brother today, for 30 straight minutes he was drilling me from wat my father does to why l want to be a pilot...we were flowing like buddies...

l think the test started on monday and may last till friday...each day about 40 or 50 ppl sit for the test and only d 5 best is taken....l think after the first interview stage there are other stages cos the man said he will get back to me b4 d week runs out

@d whole house...pls feel free to share your experience, comments, hints, advice and gwogwotigwo herein...nothin mega...God is in full control of our Helicopter
    Success isn`t measured at the end of ur life.U can tell whether u re a success now or not.

Thanks very much 4 d info.God Bless u guys.

I must say I like the way we are co-operating. Indeed we are a family! One love and happy weekend to every one in the house! Success to those that were called.
    L

hey house , was also fortunate to get to the very last lap of the race, final interview with the operations manager. the test comprises everything the house has been posting and then some? pls would-be writers should make sure they start prepping for the interview in addition to the test. for the interview, make sure u know the function of the aileron on the aircraft and the flap. then u should be able to know where they operate, the kind of helicopter they use and then visual identification of the aircraft. these are extremely important if u are to scale thru the first stage of the interview. one love house and keep praying for us that are still in the labour market

+ Reply