+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OFFICER WANTED BY UN

ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OFFICER WANTED BY UN

Hey house, just got this from a friend and decided to feed the house.
    Feel free to apply if you are qualified.
    Good luck!

UNITED NATIONS
    NATIONS UNIES

FRAMEWORK CONVENTION ON CLIMATE CHANGE - Secretariat
    CONVENTION - CADRE SUR LES CHANGEMENTS CLIMATIQUES - Secrétariat

VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT

ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES (AS) PROGRAMME

VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO: VA 09/040/AS

PUBLICATION/TRANSMISSION DATE: 12 June 2009

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION 11 July 2009

TITLE AND GRADE: Administrative Management Officer, P-3

POST NUMBER: ZRB-2944-P3-001

INDICATIVE ANNUAL SALARY: US$ 53,629 to 60,046 net (without dependents)
    US$ 57,453 to 64,429 net (with dependents)
    (plus variable post adjustment, currently 55.1% of
    net salary) plus other UN benefits and pension fund

DURATION OF APPOINTMENT: One and a half years, with possibility of extension

DUTY STATION: Bonn, Germany

EXPECTED DATE FOR ENTRY ON DUTY As soon as possible
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Background
    The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the
    political process to address Climate Change. The Convention secretariat is supporting the Convention
    and its Kyoto Protocol by a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to
    meetings of the Parties.
    The responsibilities of the Administrative Services Programme include developing and managing
    the implementation of administrative policies and systems for the UNFCCC secretariat in the areas of
    finance, budget, human resources, procurement, travel and general services.
    Responsibilities
    Working under the direct supervision of, and reporting to, the Coordinator of Administrative
    Services (AS), the incumbent provides support in the coordination of activities related to the development
    of administrative policies and the improvement of administrative procedures, the planning and monitoring
    of AS budgets and human resources requirements, and the overall management of the AS programme.
    Duties include tracking and effective coordination of activities undertaken by the Coordinator's office,
    providing analysis and advice on strategic issues, reviewing administrative policies and guidelines, and
    coordinating AS budgets and certifying related expenditures. In particular, the incumbent:
    1. Assists the Coordinator in activities related to the development and implementation of administrative
    policies and effective communication of administrative information to all staff:
    (a) Monitoring, in cooperation with heads of units in AS, the continuing development of UN policies
    and guidelines and their relevance to the secretariat providing advice to the Coordinator on
    issues of strategic importance and potential problems;
    /…
    (b) Reviewing administrative and financial policy documents to ensure coherence in substance,
    format and style;
    (c) Coordinating and reviewing background documentation and providing analyses, advice and input
    to secretariat managerial groups dealing with administrative issues;
    (d) Undertaking and coordinating special projects related to the review and analysis of administrative
    work in the secretariat, providing relevant advice and recommendations, developing and drafting
    guidelines and following up on the implementation of related measures to improve administrative
    procedures and workflows;
    (e) Coordinates the intranet presentation of policy and guidelines and other administrative
    information ensuring its user-friendliness and readability.
    2. Coordinates AS work programmes and budget inputs, monitors related expenditures and provides
    support in the recruitment of administrative staff:
    (a) Coordinates input to the work programme and budget managed by the Coordinator, AS
    (Programme Support Costs and Secretariat-wide Costs), prepares periodical updates of the
    programme support costs budget for consideration by senior management and initiates and
    coordinates related actions on a continuous basis;
    (b) Monitors and reviews implementation of the work programme and other activities by conducting
    regular and special reviews to assess progress of actual work and results versus the programme
    plan; coordinates the production of programme reports such as programme delivery reports;
    (c) Ensures that financial resources are optimally utilized to implement activities in accordance with
    the Programme Support Costs budget and the Secretariat-wide Costs budget and allotments
    issued;
    (d) Monitors and exercises strict control over budgetary allocations and expenditures; in close
    cooperation with the Programme Planning and Budget unit, monitors the use of funds managed
    by AS under the secretariat Total Cost of Ownership model to cover support to extra-budgetary
    activities; acts as certifying officer for obligations and financial documents and initiates their
    liquidation and closure in accordance with the UNFCCC rules and procedures;
    (e) Supports secretariat programmes in the recruitment of staff funded from Programme Support
    Costs with a view to ensuring that administrative resource requirements are met in a timely
    manner; develops job descriptions for administrative posts and ensures their coherence;
    (f) Provides back up support as alternate certifying officer for other programmes and funds in
    accordance with the delegation of authority.
    3. Provides support to the Coordinator in the management of the programme by:
    (a) Identifying issues and drafting agendas for programme management meetings and following up
    on action items ensuring implementation within agreed timeframes;
    (b) Identifying operational and strategic programme issues and priorities and provides advice and
    recommendations to the Coordinator, AS;
    (c) Representing the programmes in secretariat-wide committees, task forces and other groups;
    (d) Planning, organizing and supervising the activities of the Programme Administrative Assistant
    (PAA); providing effective guidance and development opportunities to the PAA, and evaluating
    his/her performance.
    4. Performs other duties as assigned by the Coordinator in support of activities of his/her office.

Requirements
    • University degree in business administration, social science, law or a related discipline, or
    equivalent professional experience.
    /…
    • At least five (5) years of progressively responsible experience, including at least two years at an
    international level. The incumbent must have strong planning and organizational skills, the ability
    to analyse complex information and prepare and communicate administrative information in
    written formats, including briefings and reports to senior management.
    • Fluency in English. Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
    Evaluation criteria

Professionalism:
    The capacity to identify problems/issues and participations in their resolution. Ability to establish
    priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.

Commitment to Continuous Learning:
    Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in their field of work.

Communication:
    Ability to provide thorough, well reasoned contributions to documents and papers.

Technological Awareness:
    The capacity to make effective use of required computer software and other equipment relevant to the
    post.

Teamwork:
    Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural
    organization.

To apply
    In order to apply for this vacancy please only use the on-line application system available at
    http://unfccc.int/secretariat/employment/recruitment by clicking on the “apply” link next to the vacancy
    announcement.

Please note:
    1. Qualified women candidates and candidates from developing countries are especially
    encouraged to apply.
    2. Service is limited to the UNFCCC Secretariat
    3. We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates under serious
    consideration and contacted for an interview will receive notification of the final outcome of
    the selection process.
    G

Re: ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OFFICER WANTED BY UN

Subject: Job Application

Sir,

I am writing to apply for the advertised position as administrative management officer posted in the net. I am most enthusiastic about the opportunity to enhance my foundations in office administration and I believe such opportunities as advertised will provide me extensive career growth and potentials.

My scholastic records attest my academic ability. Furthermore, my proficiency and training in MS-Office application, in-depth knowledge and experience in office standard and office protocols, team building ,analytical , problem-solving skills, stress and time management skills, intellectual flexibility, great sense of work ethics, effective communication skills in a highly English proficient level made myself an “ Administrator all-rounder” with a clear career consistency in mind.

Lastly, my particular strengths lie in being a fast learner, pro-active, sociable and organised. I am not afraid of hard work and I am motivated to face new and different challenges, persevering to achieve them successfully so that I can constantly broaden my skills and knowledge base. My extensive resume details my abilities.

Please allow me to discuss my other strength and abilities in an interview and should you find me qualified for the above-position, please contact me at the address, telephone number or email below.

Sincerely,

MARIA SOCORRO M. DE GUZMAN
    Mobile No. ++639295187544
    Email: [email protected]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT OFFICER WANTED BY UN

Hey dmariasocorro,
    You don't have to apply on this site. This site is not for recruitment but for us to share infos on job vacancies and others.
    For this UN job , please follow the link provided. This is it again;

To apply
    In order to apply for this vacancy please only use the on-line application system available at
    http://unfccc.int/secretariat/employment/recruitment by clicking on the “apply” link next to the vacancy
    announcement.

So give it a try if you meet the qualification.

God Bless You!
    G

+ Reply