I met someone who did one of the popular system auditing course, and in the line of our discussion, he told me that cryptography is one of the domains they were taught. I asked him, if he had used any cryptography technology before, and he said “No!” I felt he was deprived of one of the most essential knowledge after paying huge amount for the course.

You see, Certificates are basically digital cryptography tool, often refer to as Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). As a Network Engineer, you must put a method in place to consolidate authentication of objects (users and computers) in your enterprise. Communication in your domain should not only be secured in terms of rights and privileges, in addition, there must be a high level of encryption. Information must only be accessed by who has the right to it.

Do you know what security centers on? CIA, Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability Certificates can be used to achieve these, especially in this present age of Electronic Businesses (e-business) that demands high level of security. This is one of the topics in Active Directory.

We’ll commence this class by;
 Outlining Uses of Certificates
 Understanding the PKI Hierarchy
 Installation of Certification Authority (The computer issuing the digital certificates)
 The Configuration of Key Recovery Agent (Recovering lost or deleted certificates)
 Demonstrate the way Key Recovery Agent works
 Auto enrollment-Issuing Certificates to Users and Computer
 Revoking Certificates, etc

Guy, you’ve got to equip yourself for value by joining our MCITP Magic Saturdays Course in Lagos and Portharcourt.

Lagos: 3rd March- 21st April
Portharcourt: 28th April-9th June ,venue: Paragon City light College,
40, Agip Road Port Harcourt.
Duration: 7 Weekends (Saturdays)
3 Modules: Active Directory, Application Infrastructure, Network Infrastructure

Adekugbe David (mcse,mcdba,mcsa,mcitp,itil)
[email protected]