(Send in your hardcopy is most important, email is secondary)

A. ACADEMIC STAFF POSITIONS:

1. THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY:

University Librarian.

2. Faculty of Arts and Education:

a. Department of International Studies and Diplomacy

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Lecturers I and II

iv. Assistant Lecturers

v. Graduate Assistant

b. Department of Education

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Graduate Assistant

c. Department of English:

i. Professor

ii. Senior Lecturer

iii. Lecturers I and II

iv. Assistant Lecturer

v. Graduate Assistant

d. French Unit:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Assistant Lecturer

vi. Graduate Assistant

e. Theology:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Graduate Assistan

3. Faculty of Law:

a. Department of Public Law

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

b. Department of Private Law:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

4. Faculty of Social and Management Sciences:

a. Department of Business Administration

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Assistant Lecturer

vi. Graduate Assistant

b. Department of Mass Communication:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer\

c. Department of Accounting:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Assistant Lecturer

vi. Graduate Assistant

d. Department of Political Science and Public Administration:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturer I

e. Department of Economics, Banking and Finance:

i. Professor

ii. Senior Lecturer

f. Department of Sociology and Anthropology:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturer I

5. Faculty of Basic and Applied Sciences:

a. Department of Maths/Computer Science:

i. Professor

ii. Senior Lecturer

iii. Lecturers I and II

iv. Assistant Lecturer

v. Graduate Assistant

b. Department of Basic Sciences:

Biochemistry Unit:

i. Professor

ii Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Assistant Lecturer

vi. Graduate Assistant

Microbiology Unit:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

c. Department of Agriculture:

Animal Science:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii Senior Lecturer

iv. Lecturers I and II

v. Assistant Lecturer

vi. Graduate Assistant

Agricultural Economics and Extension:

i. Professor

ii. Senior Lecturer

iii. Lecturers I and II

iv. Assistant Lecturer

v. Graduate Assistant

Agronomy and Environmental Management:

i. Professor

ii. Associate Professor

iii. Senior Lecturer

iv. Assistant Lecturer

v. Graduate Assistance

QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS

In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills, including computer knowledge and orientations for the respective disciplines, as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.

1. University Librarian:

The University Librarian, who is a Principal Officer in the University, is the Chief Library Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University’s Library. He plays a critical role in the implementation of the Vision and Mission of the Benson Idahosa University.

The Candidate:

- Candidate for the post of University Librarian must possess good honours degree plus professional qualification in Librarianship, Ph.D and membership of a relevant professional body will be an advantage.

- Candidate must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to library operations and services.

- Computer literacy and application of ICT in library services is an essential requirement.

- In addition, candidate must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable, peer-reviewed and refereed journals within and outside Nigeria, competence in job planning, organization and highly visionary and strategic thinking; strong team building ability, good leadership and interpersonal skills.

- Candidate must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years experience. At least ten (10) of the fifteen years must have been at top leadership position in a recognized University.

2. Professor:

A Ph.D with at least10 years of teaching, research or professional experience in a university, an institution of university standing or comparable professional institution is required.

Ability to initiate, develop and supervise research projects and some administrative experience. Scholarly publications in reputable journals or books issued by reputable publishers. Experience in working with interdisciplinary groups.

3. Associate Professor

A Ph.D with at least 8 years of teaching, research in a university, an institution of university standing or comparable professional institution. Ability to initiate, develop and supervise research projects, some administrative experience.

Scholarly publications in reputable journals or books issued by reputable publishers. Experience in working with interdisciplinary groups.

4. Senior Lecturer:

A Ph.D with at least 5 years of teaching, research and professional experience in a university, an institution of university standing, or comparable professional institution. Ability to initiate and develop research projects. Some scholarly publications. .

5. Lecturer I:

A Ph.D degree and 3 years experience in teaching or research in a university or institution of university standing or comparable professional institution is required for appointment to the post of Lecturer I or Research Fellow I. Some scholarly publications will enhance the prospects of a candidate.

6. Lecturer II:

A Ph.D for appointment to the post of Lecturer II or Research Fellow II. Scholarly publications will enhance the prospects of a candidate.

7. Assistant Lecturer:

A Master’s degree in addition to a good first degree, with evidence of current registration for the Doctoral Degree in a reputable university. Progress report on Ph.D programme and ICT proficiency are required.

8. Graduate Assistant:

A good honours degree not below second class honours (upper division) subject to the applicant showing adequate aptitude for teaching and research.

THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY:

1. Systems Librarian:

A good honours degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Informatics or any other relevant discipline with formal training in System Analysis and Computer Programming. In addition, candidates must be versed in the use of LINUX and windows operating system. Experience in networking, use of library software/electronic library packages and system maintenance will enhance the prospects of candidates.

2. Assistant Librarian:

A good honours degree in Library and Information Science plus MLS, or postgraduate diploma in Librarianship and 3 years cognate work experience in a university library. Computer knowledge will be an added advantage.

3. Senior Library Officer:

A good diploma in Library Studies from a recognized university or equivalent with at least 4 years experience.

4. Library Officer:

A good diploma in Library Studies from a recognized university in addition to 5 credits level passes in SSCE including English Language.

5. Bindery Officer:

SSCE/WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level plus appropriate trade test qualification and 7 years post qualification experience.

6. Computer Operator I

SSCE/WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level with five credits level passes at not more than two sittings, with at least 3 credits (including mathematics or physics). Advanced training diploma in computer operation plus four years professional experience in computer operation.

7. Library Assistant:

SSCE/WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level with 3 credits at not more than 2 sittings including English Language.

8. Office Assistant:

Must possess first school leaving certificate.

NON-TEACHING STAFF:

Registry Department:

Corporate Services Officer:

i. A good University degree or Higher National Diploma from recognized University or Polytechnic in Social Sciences, Arts or in any of the Humanities plus at least two years industry experience.

ii. Competence in advertising, public relations, sponsorship management and marketing is desirable.

iii. Having computer skills, a flair for writing and membership of relevant professional body, will be an advantage.

Assistant Registrar:

Candidates must possess good honours Degree (minimum of second class lower division) in a Social/Management Science or Humanities field of study from a recognized university with a least 4 years of cognate professional experience. Must be computer literate.

Administrative Officer:

A good Degree from a recognized university plus at least 2 years post-qualification experience. Must be computer literate.

Administrative Assistant;

Candidate must possess good honours degree (minimum of second class lower division) in a social and management sciences or humanities from recognized university. Must be computer literate. Evidence of NYSC Discharge Certificate required.

Confidential Secretaries I and II:

HND in Secretarial Studies with ICT skills and relevant respective experiences.

FINANCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT:

Executive Officers (Accounts):

(a) Foundation A and B of ACCA or ACA or ACMA

(b) OND plus one year experience

Accountant II:

(a) Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy plus two years post qualification experience.

(b) Professional examination Part I of ACA or ACCA is an added advantage. Must be computer literate.

Accountant I:

(a) Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy plus three years post qualification experience

(b) ACA or ACCA, ACMA or any other equivalent qualification plus one year post qualification experience. Must be computer literate.

Principal Accountant

(a) Bachelor of Science Degree in Accountancy plus eight years of post qualification experience .

(b) ACA or ACCA or ACMA plus four years post qualification experience or any other equivalent qualification. Must be computer literate.

WORKS UNIT:

Architect:

A good first Degree in architecture plus registration with relevant professional bodies and minimum of four years cognate experience in the building industry. Must be computer literate.

Quantity Surveyor II:

A good first Degree in Quantity Surveying or related discipline from a recognized University, plus registration with Nigerian Institute of Quantity Surveyors. Must be computer literate.

Purchasing Officer:

A good Degree from a recognized university in Business Administration plus at least 2 years post-qualification experience and membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria. Must be computer literate.

Artisan Craftsman I and II (Electrical)

First School Leaving Certificate plus Trade Test Class I and II and three and five years relevant experience respectively.

Stores Keeper:

WAEC/GCE/NECO, five papers with 3 credits including Mathematics or Mathematics/Statistics), plus 3 years working experience. Must be computer literate.

PHYSICAL PLANNING UNIT

Project Officer:

A good Bachelors Degree in Engineering from a recognized university, plus certification in project management or its equivalent.

Must have a minimum of 2 years cognate experience in project management.

Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills

Ability to resolve conflicting situations and good analytical ability. Must be computer literate.

Facility Officer:

A good Bachelors Degree in Civil, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Estate Management or related qualification, plus membership of relevant Professional bodies.

Must be computer literate and versatile in programmes that will facilitate job performance.

Must be experienced in building, facilities and estate maintenance/management

Must be highly organized person, able to manage multiple and competing priorities.

Must possess administrative, project management, communication and negotiation skills

Must possess good relationship/people management skills.

Must have a minimum of 2 years cognate experience in building, facilities and estate maintenance/management.

SECURITY UNIT:

Chief Security Officer:

A good honours Degree in Criminology/Sociology/Security studies with evidence of intensive security training or service in an arm of the armed forces or paramilitary organizations with a minimum of 14 years experience. Must be computer literate

Deputy Chief Security Officer

A good honours Degree in Criminology/Sociology/Security studies with evidence of intensive security training or service in an arm of the armed forces or paramilitary organizations with a minimum of 10 years experience. Must be computer literate.

Senior Security Officer:

A good honours Degree in Criminology/Sociology/Security studies with evidence of intensive security training or service in an arm of the armed forces or paramilitary organizations with a minimum of 5 years experience. Must be computer literate.

Security Officers/Assistant Security Officers:

A good honours Degree/HND plus 2 years experience in addition to a certificate in Security service. OND plus 2 years experience and a certificate in Security service will be accepted for position of Assistant Security Officer. Must be computer literate.

Patrolmen

WAEC/GCE/NECO plus experience as Police Constable. Must be computer literate.

Laboratory UNIT:

i. Laboratory Attendant: Must possess first school leaving certificate

ii. Laboratory Assistant: SSCE/WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level with 5 credits especially in 2 science subjects.

iii. Senior Laboratory Assistant: SSCE/WAEC/NECO/GCE Ordinary Level, 5 subjects with credits in 2 science subjects plus 5 years relevant experience

TEACHING AND RESEARCH FARM:

i. Farm Officer II (Livestock):

A good honours degree or its equivalent in Agriculture or related discipline plus one year experience in management of a farm.

ii. Farm Officer II (Soil): As above.

iii. Farm Officer II (Crop): As above

iv. Farm Assistant (Animal): Must possess first school leaving certificate with 5 years experience.

v. Farm Assistant (Soil): As above

vi. Farm Assistant (Crop): As above

METHOD OF APPLICATION:

Candidates are required to submit 15 applications together with 15 signed copies of the current Curriculum Vitae containing the following information:

SECTION A: GENERAL INFORMATION:

1. a. Name: (Underline Surname)

b. Date and place of Birth

c. Marital Status: No. of Children (with ages)

d. Nationality

e. Permanent Home Address

f. Current postal Address/Tel. No./E-Mail

g. Present Position/Salary per annum

h. Post for which applicant wishes to be considered.

i. Department into which the applicant is to be appointed.

SECTION B: QUALIFICATIONS:

1. Academic Qualifications:

a. Degrees (with dates and granting bodies)

b. Diploma and Professional Qualifications:

with dates and granting bodies)

2. Teaching and Professional Experience:

a. Employment/professional experience before appointment in Benson Idahosa University

b. Period of full time teaching in Benson Idahosa University.

c. Courses taught.

d. Postgraduate Students’ Supervision.

3. Conferences Attended:

(Indicate title of conference, date, place and paper presented)

4. Publications/Creative Works:

a. Materials already published:

i. Books

ii. Chapters in Books

iii. Journal Articles

iv. Others

b. Materials accepted but not yet published:

i. Books

ii. Chapters in books

i. Journal Articles

ii. Others

NOTE:

i. Indicate with one asterisk publications which have appeared/been accepted for publications since last promotion or appointment.

ii. Professorial candidates should indicate with a double asterisk five publications which best reflect their contributions to scholarship and research.

iii. For books, indicate author(s), date of publication, title and place of publication.

iv. For journals articles, indicate author(s), date of publication, title, place, volume, and pages.

v. Underline books and journals and use inverted commas for titles of articles and chapters in books.

(a) External Examinership: Indicate whether undergraduate or postgraduate examination, institution and dates.

(b) Membership of learned Societies (indicate body and date).

(c) Prizes/Honours/Award/Distinctions (list and date).

(d) Any other relevant information.

SECTION C: ADMINISTRATIVE EXPERIENCE:

1. Deanship/Directorship/Headship/Co-ordinatorship Experience, (indicate post held and dates.

2. Service on university committees (indicate committees, posts held and dates).

3. Services to relevant public bodies (indicate body, position and nature of assignment and dates).

4. Signature and Date

IMPORTANT:

Applications should be submitted within 14 days of this publication either directly to the Registrar’s Office or by postage in a sealed envelope indicating “Vacancies for Teaching Staff”

or “ Vacancies for Non-Teaching Staff” as the case may be, at the top left corner of the envelope.

Please note that former applicants need to update their application in line with the above.

NOTE:

i. Applicants must be faith based and produce Godly character.

ii. Sections B and C are strictly for candidates applying for academic positions.

iii. All candidates are expected to apply tvia attaching Copies of their application and CVs to [email protected] e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or send a hard copy of their applications to the Registrar.

iv. Curriculum Vitae that does not conform with the above format will not be considered.

Signed

T.M.E. Dogun II

Registrar