+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: united states scholarship to AFRICA IS A FRUAD, IS FAKE, SpREAD IT FAST!

united states scholarship to AFRICA IS A FRUAD, IS FAKE, SpREAD IT FAST!

SHout IT LOUD, UNITED STATES SCHOLARSHIPS TO AFRICA IS A FRAUD, PLEASE HELP SPREAD THE NEW FAST!, THEIR FORMS IS OUT AGAIN 2009/2010, THEIR WEBSITE is www.ussafrica.org, Please warn innocents african students especially nigeria using all means that they are fake, Collecting $100 for registration.

see the mail i got from thier said host institution in the USA and embassy:

RE: [ACADEMICSCHOLAR] IS USSAFRICA.ORG SCHOLARSHIPS IN REAL- URGENT INQUIRYWednesday, March 11, 2009 8:43 PM
    From: "Shepherd, Crystal" <[email protected]>Add sender to Contacts To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have been contacted by a few other students about this scholarship opportunity.

The EducationUSA center with US State department in Nigeria identified this as a fraudulent scholarship. There are two EducationUSA advising centers in Nigeria , one in Lagos and one in Abuja. You can contact them by email or phone and request further information about this fraudulent offer. The advising centers will also be able to assist you in finding scholarships that are offered to African students by universities or other organizations.

Bellow I am posting an EducationUSA advisor email response to one of the previous inquiries about ussafrica program.

International students are eligible for scholarship at the University of Kentucky , such as Diversity scholarship. This scholarship covers 50% of the tuition cost. This year with have two students from Africa (one from Ghana and one from Nigeria ) who received this scholarship and are currently enrolled at our university.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Audra

Audra Cryder

International Representative

University of Kentucky

Office of International Affairs

(859) 257 4067 x 253

[email protected]

www.uky.edu

You made the right decision by contacting the University of Kentucky directly. As an advisor I should have thought of contacting the University of Kentucky and the University of Arkansas sooner. The ussafrica program is the latest problem we have had to deal with. They have been sending mail like this to many students in sub-Saharan Africa. This happens quite frequently and there is little US institutions or US Consulates and Embassy's can do about it.

The Educational Advising Center at the US Consulate in Lagos and the US Embassy in Abuja has a free weekly general orientation session on Wednesday at 10:00 am. Feel free to attend a session so you can learn about the best way to apply for study in the US. You may call me on 08038255014 or 01-2630933 for further inquiries. Abuja advisers can be reached on 08038255015 or 09-4614000.

Audra, thank you very much for your assistance. OSEAS advisors who attend NAFSA always advocate for this kind of relationship. You have saved this family at least $750 and a lot of disappointment.

Sincerely,

Ifeanyi Olagbaju

[email protected] (This alternative address works for quicker responses)

Re: united states scholarship to AFRICA IS A FRUAD, IS FAKE, SpREAD IT FAST!

Thanks for d info, I was actually considering applying this year but just needed someone to tell me d true nature of ussa. now I know better.

+ Reply