+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: InternAcademy Foundation job REAL OR SCAM?

InternAcademy Foundation job REAL OR SCAM?

i just got a email from Intern Academy but it all sounds quite funny and the mention of parting with cash is making me uncomfortable, i am wondering if its a scam. i've been hit once and am weary.
    someone please advise me if you have any ideas......below is the invitation letter

Dear Applicant,

You have been shortlisted for the Graduate Internship Programme for the March Session. The Graduate Internship Programme is an employment initiative designed to help you jump start your career.. The benefits of the programme for you include but not limited to the following:

. A unique opportunity for permanent job placement

. Robust development and training opportunity

. A multi-layered support network

. New business networks and friends

. A CV-enhancing experience

. Outstanding opportunities for career development and personal growth

. Increased employability

. Better prospects and consideration for local and international graduates opportunities

The Programme starts with a compulsory one week training workshop supported by Tom Associates ( A leading training and consulting firm in Nigeria ) and a host of other excellent facilitators. Interns would be posted to host companies after the training workshop for a three months internship programme after completing satisfactory training workshop hours. Take note that host companies are only obligated to pay stipends or some form of allowance to the interns during their internship and this varies with different companies. Companies already signed up with the Intern Academy includes SO & U Saatchi & Saatchi, HKLM, Limited, R.T Briscoe, 21st Century, Refuge Bank, National Standard, Capital Media, Tom Associates, Bookworm Limited, Laplace Technologies, Research and Marketing Services Limited, Woo Interactive, Lexx and Sophy, Electronic Testing Company, Progenics, Interactive Media, Realty point, Moneycom Bank and several other reputable companies and organisation. More companies are signing up on a rolling basis and we hope to have more major companies/organisations signed up in the coming weeks.

Training Workshop

Date : Monday 23rd to Friday 27th of February

Time : 9am to 2pm daily

Venue : Imperial Conference Hall , Opp Regency Center , Jobi Fele way, Alausa ( Behind Abiola Gardens ), Ikeja. Lagos

Training Fee : N5,500.00

Dress Code : Strictly Formal – Dark suits only

Registration – Monday 23rd of February, 8.30am to 11am at Imperial Conference Hall (Note that workshop fees would be paid during registration at the same workshop venue)

. Official Opening Ceremony with host companies and special guests – Monday 23rd of February, 12noon prompt at Imperial Conference Hall

. Note that the Intern Academy would provide light refreshment for all interns during all the workshop sessions.

. There are only 300 slots for the March session. Please send an email to [email protected] and also copy [email protected], with your recent passport photgrapgh on or before Sunday, 15th of February for your workshop badges and to confirm your slot.

.An official invitation would be sent out to you after receipt of your confirmation email and your passport photograph. You are required to print out the invitation letter and bring along with you to the center.

. Also note that a certificate of graduation would be issued to you during the annual graduation and award ceremony.

. All shortlisted interns from outside of the country should please send a confirmation review email to be scheduled for the May Session of the programme. (Please title your email ‘Confirmation Review’).

We look forward to hearing from you. Thank you

Best wishes,

Ngozi .O

Training Co-ordinator

Intern Academy Foundation

Re: InternAcademy Foundation

my dear i got same mail,i just hope some one would give us some clarifiaction on this b4 we make any move..cos there is so gbo ju gbo ju firms this days.
    esomGod

Re: InternAcademy Foundation

i also got a mail from them and was discouraged wen i saw the money part. I dont think we should be paying for trainin i tink should be free... But pls somone should help us find out quick so we do not miss an opportunity!!!

+ Reply