+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: What your cover letter should look like!

What your cover letter should look like!

[Sample of What your cover letter should look like!]

Dear Sirs,

The areas of finance and the financial markets in general are of great interest to me and I am thus applying for the vacancies to be able to utilise and develop further all my skills. I am looking for a firm where I can become an intangible asset and affect the corporate bottom-line (profitability).

I am applying for the vacancies, as I believe this would be a great opportunity to combine my analytical and computing skills with my general interest of the financial markets. I think I am a noteworthy candidate for any position because of my education (BA Hons and MSc in Finance) and proven leadership skills, my language skills and customer relationship/service skills. The area of finance in general is of major interest to me and combining this with my social skills would make me a perfect candidate for the position. My highly relevant degrees and my interest in finance, would allow me to perform all the set tasks effectively. My previous work/social experience in an international atmosphere and my knowledge of finance and financial instruments makes me ideal for the position and allows me to persuade and interact with customers and colleagues in constantly varying situations.

I strongly believe that it is personal qualities, such as an individual’s ambition and determination that drives one on to truly distinguish oneself. My ambition, professionalism and appetite for success are what I believe to be my strongest attributes. This attitude drives me to be enthusiastic over all aspects of my life, whether it is in my studies, or in my approach to a prospective career.
    Career opportunities with real challenges and responsibility are thus not something I am afraid of and I enjoy work with deadlines. Attention to detail is a good character of mine, but seeing the big picture is just as natural.

I hope that on consideration of my CV, you will be persuaded of my potential to perform well and make a real contribution to your company and its clients as an employee. As I know it is very difficult to give a thorough picture of me as a possible employee through just sending a CV, I would very much like to discuss the opportunity over the phone and/or meet up for an interview. I am willing to relocate and available for an interview at any time and look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely

Your Name
    Adeyege A. Ebenezer<br />Why?<br />Why Not?<br />www.adeyegeebenezer.5u.com

Re: What your cover letter should look like!

Omo, ur cover letter try o. but dont u think its a way of trying to sell urself too much. I knowits meant to &#39;cover u&#39; but It sounds lyk u are superman and u can do everything. Pls lemme know if am not sounding rite. thanks

This cover letter is way out of brevity. Cover letters are meant to be brief and well-detailed not long and overbearing ones flaunting your so-called skills and experiences in the face of your would-be employer. Infact, if brevity and subtlety is not employed, your cover letter might achieve the opposite of what you wanted!
    You&#039;ve only got this one life to live, make sure it counts. Give it to Jesus, today, for he cares for you!

I think this is good but i guess a cover letter should be very brife hitting d nail stright to the head.
    Cheers.

yes I agree with u, the cover letter is quite long and I dont think employers would have that kind of time to read such a lenghty letter when there are other shorter, concise and straight to the point letters starring them at the face.

I just think a cover letter should be brief and tell the story at a glance.

byommite,your points about a cover letter is ok and i so much appreciate it,but we should always remember that a recruiter that want to recruit 10,000 to 15,000 applications will not have all that time to go through your lenghty cover letter.but i feel in our cover letter we should be precise by going strainght to the point in selling ourself...Thanx

byommite i beg u try e no easy,u 2 much even if e 2 long cos na learn we dey learn we dey learn so na 2 truncate some parts............

+ Reply