How to get traffic to your website is a HUGE topic. Whole books have been written on just small aspects of it. Here's a quick overview to get you started.

Provide high quality content

One of the most important things which works very well for me is concentrating on providing LOTS of keyword-rich content for the search engines to find. When it comes to content, think big. You want your site to be found via thousands of different phrases every month.

If you spend your time carefully thinking of ways to provide truly USEFUL content that people will talk about, you'll automatically end up with lots of free, one-way links to your site as people recommend it without even being asked to do so. Works for me!

Keep adding fresh, relevant, useful content.

According to Google, about half the searches done at Google are for totally new phrases that haven't been searched for - ever. The more pages you build full of on-topic material, the better the chances your site will be seen.

Build a high quality website that other people will recommend and willingly link to.

Search engines are getting cleverer and cleverer all the time. You can try to outsmart them but to me it makes more sense to work WITH them. They're gradually getting better at sifting out low quality websites and ranking them poorly. So build high quality websites containing genuinely useful material that other people want to link to.

Did I repeat myself too many times? I did it because the biggest, commonest mistake I see affiliates making is building crappy little websites containing no useful content - and then wondering why it's impossible to get people to visit them or link to them.

Get high quality links

Getting high quality links to your site is also hugely important. Ideally, you want links from "authority" sites - ones which have a lot of links to THEM.

As well as reading what search engine optimization experts say, study what they actually DO. One common tactic they use is to write expert articles and get them published on related websites. When they do this, the links they get to their site are beautifully on target - those links come from a page which is all about search engine optimization - which perfectly matches the theme of their site.

To a search engine, such links look much more important than a boring link which is just one of dozens on a page in a little mini-directory tacked on to a crappy little site somewhere.

You can also distribute articles to article directories. Other websites will pick up those articles and use them on their site. If you've added a link to your site in the "About the author" box at the bottom of the article, you can get hundreds or thousands of links to your site. You also boost your reputation.

Distributing articles to directories is tedious and time-consuming. You can speed up the process a lot - and receive a very helpful instruction manual - if you use Jason Potash's ArticleAnnouncer software. It will save you a lot of time and frustration.

There are many other ways to get one-way links to your site. They all involve work - but that's a GOOD thing. Most of your competitors will be too lazy to do the work involved, so when you do it, your site will leap ahead of theirs.

Here's an article in which I describe a dozen or so ways to get one-way links: One-way links explained.

You might have to go to elance or rentacoder and hire a programmer to do some of the things. Again, that's a good thing, because most of your competitors won't do this. They'd rather spending their time searching for easy, free ways.

Get reciprocal links

You can exchange links with other sites in your industry. Here's an article with details on how to get reciprocal links.

Publish a newsletter

Writing your own newsletter is an excellent way of boosting traffic. The newsletter reminds readers that your site exists. To encourage repeat visitors, you can tell your readers about new articles you've added to your site.

Another advantage of building a large, useful site and a newsletter to go with it is that when you want to launch a second website, you can give it a quick flying start simply by mentioning it in your newsletter.

A really good, solidly reliable service to use to distribute your newsletter is Aweber. I use it to distribute two of my newsletters.

Posts in forums and email discussion lists

You can join forums or message boards in your niche and promote your site in your signature. Be careful. Read the forum instructions first or you could annoy existing forum members who have been there for years. Lurk and learn.

You can also subscribe to free email discussion lists and participate. For Internet marketers, LED Digest is a good one.

Don't post blatant ads. Build your reputation by posting genuinely, helpful, useful comments.

Buy advertising

If your conversion rate is high enough, you can buy advertising on Google's AdWords, in pay-per-click search engines and in email newsletters. Try experimenting with offline advertising, in newspapers.

An acknowledged expert in how to advertise effectively in AdWords is Perry Marshall, author of The Definitive Guide to Google AdWords.

Free reports and brandable ebooks

You can write free ebooks or free reports, and ask website owners and publishers to give them away. Going a step further, you can create brandable ebooks, place two-tier affiliate links in them and offer the people distributing them opportunity it to rebrand them and place their affiliate links in them. You benefit because the reports contains links back to your site.

This technique is common now. To stand out from the crowd, it's absolutely essential that you provide high quality, useful information.

for 1 on 1 training on this and other ways to make money online, please call 07069458333