My Story To $800 a Month

Hey guys, my names Dan.

Last year in in may i purchased my first domain name, it was a 3 word domain targeting a very low competitive niche. As i have seen others call a 'micro niche'

I hesitated so long before i even bought the domain, mind you i am fairly young and i didnt know whether it would really make me any return on my investment but it ended up all positive and here i am now.

Anyways, i firstly wrote 3 articles, one targeting the main keyword which is also the domain, and the other 2 were targeting long tail keywords.

Next, as i have been a member of another forum for quite some time now, the dreadful forum of 'DP' (im never going back). From this place i purchased social bookmarking in a 3 different packages. A 300 submission for my main keyword, and 150 for each of the long tail keywords.

From only a week after setting up the site, and 4 days after the social bookmarking submission was complete i was ranking on the front page for all 3 of my keywords. I couldn't believe it this was a very exciting day for a noob like myself :P
I started to recieve a trickle of clicks day after day through adsense, and i was getting a CTR of about 8%.
i left the site for about 1 month without doing anything, as i was busy with real life work at the time. When i returned the site had moved up the serps and ranking on position 4 for its main keyword. My adsense earnings were roughly $1-2 a day, very low i know but it was a start.

After seeing the potential, i decided to write 12 articles within the finance niche. Totally unrelated to my website. These articles were simple to submit to enzine so i could put my link in the resource box. I submitted 4 for each page each containing 2 anchor texts.

Within a week of being approved on enzine, all 3 of my pages moved up the serps yet further again, with my main keyword hitting position 2.

I am not saying my site was making big bucks, but for the effort i put in, and the return i was getting it was quite neat. Roughly $50 a month i was making after the site had been up for 3 months.

I know i had a slow start but like i said i was hesitant with the IM game. But with the success i saw from my site, i thought to myself, why not replicate this small model i have created and expand. I did just that! In 3 weeks i set up 7 sites without any back linking though, mind you as well i was writing all the articles myself.

I did exactly what i did before, and yet again i ordered social bookmarking submissions for each page of each site, and submitted 4 enzine articles with backlinks to each page. Not all the sites worked out as great as my first one, but hey i simply got back up and moved on to another.

After about 6 months of completion, my sites were averaging a total of $200 to $250 a month.

At this point, I thought to myself how can i take what i have created and take it to the next level without putting a strain on my personal finances ?

I came to the decision to sell off my sites on 'flippa' as one complete network. After reading around and putting together a good sales template for flippa, i was hoping to get around $1500 for all my websites together. To my suprise, the auction ended with 42 bids and a final price of $2840.
I could not believe it, i absolutely flipped out and jumped with joy. Lucky for me, the buyer was very prompt with the payment. I set up escrow and paid for express shipping. Two weeks later i had a check sitting in my hand.

Let me get one thing straight. I created my entire nextwork of 7 sites with only $285. This is including hosting, (reseller hosting with HG) domains through godaddy and the social bookmarking that i ordered.
So to me that was a pretty swift profit.

With the proceeds from the sale, i put everything back into play only this time i set up 36 sites, each containing 8 articles this time, some did contain 6 or 7 but this was only if i could not find any more low competitive long tail keywords go for.

Now today, my sites have been complete for over 7 months now i am have yet to receive less then $760 a month. I still do put back into my sites, just recently i have been going over mysites and began to do directory submissions. I have not seen much improvements in traffic, but im sure it will help in the long run.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story and let me get one thing straight, dont think i have never waisted any money on other investments and came out with $0. Because i have, this is why i was so worried in this business. But after getting the results, and scaling, you cant really go wrong. Every single one of my sites makes money it is sort of hard to fail with adsense if your covering all your bases, although some of my sites make $9 a month and some make $70 + . Not everything is a winner but together all combined, they are bringing me over $800 a month and i cannot complain what so ever.
Scaling is the key to success, find what you are good at and improve. I read once, 'If you can earn a dollar online, you can make a million online'