+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Bristish Council Seeks to Recruit Associates

Bristish Council Seeks to Recruit Associates

Vacancies
    Your opportunity to work for us

The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and is keen to reflect the diversity of UK society at every level within the organisation. We welcome applications from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.

Senegal - English Teachers

We are looking for two dynamic, high-quality teachers to join our expanding teaching team at British Council Dakar, starting on 22 April 2010.

You will be a proficient English user, CEFR C2 (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) with a CELTA-equivalent and/or local teaching certificate and five years’ post certificate full-time teaching experience.

As part of our team, you will be responsible for planning, preparing and delivering English language classes and materials, and providing an environment conducive to learning, including monitoring and giving feedback on student performance and encouraging student autonomy.

You will also keep updated professionally to ensure high standards so that the British Council remains at the forefront of ELT, as well as enhancing students’ understanding of the contemporary UK. In return, you will enjoy a structured development programme, good facilities and the opportunity to work with an enthusiastic, international team of teachers.

To apply, please send a completed application form and covering letter by email to [email protected] or by letter to British Council Senegal, Amitié Zone B, B.P. 6232 Dakar, Senegal. Anyone sending a Curriculum Vitae instead of completing the application form cannot be considered.

The application form must clearly explain how your experience matches the above profile and include names and contact details of two referees.

Closing date for applications: Friday 19 March 2010. We will not be able to consider applications received after this deadline. Due to the number of applicants, we will only send acknowledgments to those who have been shortlisted.

Nigeria - Customer Service Officers

The British Council in Nigeria is currently receiving applications for 4 Customer Service Officer Posts in the following locations:

•2 in Lagos
    •1 in Abuja
    •1 in Kano

Please state clearly in your application, which of the locations you are applying to work in. You can specify more than one location in order of preference. We will endeavour (but not guarantee) successful candidates’ placements in their preferred locations.

Duties:

The selected candidates will assist in the delivery of high-quality, customer-focused services, and make sure that the needs of our customers are met. The selected candidates will have a proven track record of successful work in a customer-focused environment, and be adept at team-working as well as working independently. They will be used to meeting demanding deadlines. The selected candidates should have excellent IT skills.

How to apply:

Read through the job description document. To help you understand and complete the application form, read through the How to complete the application and guidance for applicants documents very carefully. Download and complete the application form.

Listed within the job description document, you will find a number of listed ‘competencies’, read through the competency dictionary for an explanation of the required ‘competencies’. Evidence against those competencies will need to be provided in your application form under the ‘Evidence in support of your application’ area.

You are also required to complete the Equal Opportunity Questionnaire. Please complete both the application form and Equal Opportunity Questionnaire electronically and submit to [email protected] by 10.00a.m on 15 March 2010

We do not accept letters of interest or CV's

Nigeria - AKTP Associate

The British Council is implementing a new programme of Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnerships in Sub-saharan Africa. The programme will see universities bringing their scientific knowledge to bear on applied research-based projects within the private sector. Africa Knowledge Transfer Partnerships enables recently qualified people (known as AKTP Associates) to work in companies managing challenging projects central to the development needs of participating companies. An Associate is being sought to project-manage the AKTP recently established between Zaria Industries Ltd; Ahmadu Bello University and the British Council

Overall Job Aim and Duties:

You will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic development and transferring knowledge between the business and the university. You will be responsible for the delivery of all project work:

1.Develop a project plan from initiation to closure

2.Monitor and track project milestones in order to ensure the following outputs:

3.Report on project progress in particular and project milestones in general

4.Documentation of processes, specifications and standards.

1. AKTPZIL: The project is focused on investigating the production process and potential attributions to chemicals involved and exploring alternative processes and/or chemicals to prevent quality problems.

The ideal candidate:

•BSc.(Textile Science & Technology) or BSc. (Chemistry Hons) or Industrial Chemistry; or B. Eng. (Chemical Engineering) at Second Class Upper Division. MSc. In any of these fields is an added advantage

•Experience of practical work in any of the above mentioned disciplines will be an added advantage

•Practical Project Management experience is not essential but would be an added advantage

•The post is based in Kaduna

•Project duration is 2 years

Further information about these posts, an application form and definition guide for the essential competencies for the posts can be downloaded here

Completed application forms should be submitted by email as follows: send AKTPZIL applications to [email protected] .All applications should be sent latest by 31 March 2010 to the email addresses above. Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.

Nigeria - Caretaker

The British Council is recruiting for a Caretaker posts in Abuja, Nigeria.

Duties

The selected candidates will assist facilities managers in-country to manage facilities, estate, office vehicles, and procurement as defined in the Regional and Country Delivery Plans in all key sectors of the British Council programme; maintain the office and estate by ensuring security and optimum delivery of customer care including opening and closing of the office premises on schedule every day.

How to apply:

To apply, you need to use the following documents : Job Description, and Application Form, To help you understand and complete the application form, click and read through the ‘How to complete the application’ and ‘guidance for applicants’ documents listed on the left of the page.Listed within the job description document, you will find a number of listed ‘competencies’. Evidence against those competencies will need to be provided in your application form under the ‘Evidence in support of your application’ area. To help you with your competency answers, we have listed the complete ‘Behavioural Competency Dictionary’ and ‘Generic Skills Dictionary’ which are listed on the left of this page.

Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Telephone Applications or enquiries will not be considered. Only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted

Deadline for Application: 10.00a.m on 26 March 2010

WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs, HANDWRITTEN APPLICATIONS OR EXRESSIONS OF INTEREST

The British Council is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity and we welcome applications from every section of community. Candidates with special needs should please ask for this information in alternative formats. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We are the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations. We are registered in England as a charity.

http://www.britishcouncil.org/africa-vacancies.htm

Re: Bristish Council Seeks to Recruit Associates

This is rubbish!!! Boi stop fool the millions of members on this job site,..
    I mean, its annoying, this attachment, what is there? Cos theres absolutely nothing there. Let god not punish you for joking with a website as serious as this. You are really discouraging reasonable and well-thinking graduates from accessing this site. If you don't have any job to post or jobs to check out for on this site, pls kindly steer clear.
    Don't alllow me to make u a prayer point. BE WARNED!!!

This is rubbish!!! Boi stop fooling the millions of members in this job site,..
    I mean, its annoying, this attachment, what is there? Cos theres absolutely nothing there. Let god not punish you for joking with a website as serious as this. You are really discouraging reasonable and well-thinking graduates from accessing this site. If you don't have any job to post or jobs to check out for on this site, pls kindly steer clear.
    Don't alllow me to make u a prayer point. BE WARNED!!!

@megalum,
    why gets so irritated about what you do not know.
    you could have asked and knowlegde would be passed to you.
    there is a link to the site on the download page. but because you do not know common simple computer skills does not mean you should be irritated.
    anyway sorry i know there is no job in town and desperate people like you are irking to kill anyone you dont understand.
    he go better, look for your qualification, and God will have grace on you one of these days.

LOL.
    Cheers.

You are makin a big mistake, cos dat link needs one to hold down the CTRL key so that I could be clicked on,...U just went to correct the link,..and for your information, ask to know me more,...cos I am very comfortable where I am. I dont brag,..

please anybody that need info on British Council's vancancies should go directly to their site .... http://www.britishcouncil.org/africa-vacancies.htm ... the post is correct, but badly presented (i.e the attachment)

@megalurn
    How can I correct what is already posted here? am I the administrator
    Any way its good you saw reason with me. all I did was direct people to an info that will help them. it that a bad?
    brother no offence, I know you are a big boy, but thread suffery next time,
    even among birds there are hierachy.

@cleanqas
    Could lecture me on better presentation for next time sake?
    I learn everyday, so that i can be the best in what I do

Cheers

@Bidan & megalurn, PEACE plz.
    Why u guy'z troubled over nothing. This forum is not meant for Exchange of Angry post or replies.
    Or where to brag about what u have or dont have or even how good u are with the PC'' what matters is that this forum is for Job seekers. So lets be straight and keep the PEACE!!!
    I have no job nor what u guys are clarifying in this forum but i'll Get THEIR. That's what matters and its Applicable to every One on this forum, Who are searching and not those who are COMFORTABLE.
    Cheers and PEACE.....
    N

@nedu4ocfon
    Thanks.

we can all be happy if we make the effort.

cheers

We should'nt fight ourself because of job. Cheers
    M

Quote Originally Posted by Fedponek
    We should'nt fight ourself because of job. Cheers
    true talk my brother.

cheers

please do not be angry with each other God will help us all

+ Reply