+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: work in nigeria or Msc study in the uk

work in nigeria or Msc study in the uk

Please house help me in making the right choice here,i stay in Port-harcourt, got a job in nigeria with a basic salary of 40K with a hospitality company(rockview hotel) in lagos but later got an offer from my uncle to sponosor my msc studies in the uk, have checked if it is possible working and applyin for my studies but it was not cos i need stay close with my uncle via out the application.

so i ask if forfitting the job is a good idea, cos studying in uk doesnot really guarantee u a job considering the overpopulation and unavailability of jobs.

please i really need your advice. thanks

Re: work in nigeria or Msc study in the uk

Never forfeit the oppurtunity of a postgraduate education in the UK for a meagre 40,000. go for your MSc, jobs will come later. Don't compare your life with those who couldn't get job after Uk education. Besides, MSc in the UK opens more doors for you. you can continue to Ph.D level. you can even get a lecturing job if you like to be a lecturer apart from other oppurtunities.

Dude, i strongly recommend you go for you M.Sc degree. Besides, the job is a peanut ( i mean 40K)......i currently work with a company that pays much more than that and i'm still looking forward to going for my M.Sc in US very soon. Trust me there is nothing like quality education and you'll be amazed at the kind of offers you'll get after your M.Sc.......don't bother with people that didn't do well after theirs, you have to always know that life is personal; there is no universal law that doesn't change. So, just follow your heart, but like i said, i recommend going for your M.Sc...

Forget about the 40k job and opt for an MSc.

That most people dont get jobs after MSc doesn't mean you wont get as well. Its all about favour and what you meet when you get there. People get favour from different direction and who knows where yours will come from when you get to the UK . . .

Nigerian graudates are been underutilised these days in companies and at the end they pay peanuts all in the name of "unemployment" . . .

Take a bold step and plan towards getting anoda degree, which is International . . .

Goodluck!!!

guy dont even think about it.I am earning far more than that and i am leaving soon for my masters in the uk.It is internationally recognised.it will open doors for you in US, canada everywhere worldwide....Just make sure you finish well with dinstinction.Also seek advise before you choose your course.You have to consider your first degree etc...

thanks people i really do appreciate all your advice and may the good lord see us thru all our life endeavours

Goodluck to you all

+ Reply