+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: WHY HND?

WHY HND?

My people make una help me with this HND (matter.I fine it difficult to apply to any company cos d no more value HND holders despite all the effort to prove that it is a good degree and that HND holders can even do more better than some graduates with B.Sc. what we see in adverts is B.Sc, Masters,PHD and added advantage .wetin d want people like us way get HND to do? i feel like commiting sucide
    Cheers.

Re: WHY HND?

Really, you dont have to be discouraged. Your true value is your personality, what you carry on the inside, how you see yourself, in other words, your brand. If you dont brand yourself someone else will. Dont confine yourself to that certificate, more importantly, dont give up with the excuse that the certificate is not recognized and so, that's it.

I have friends all over the banking institution, as a matter of fact, I have a close friend of mine who works with Access Bank, in their Syscon department. What does he have to gain that position....same HND. The list is endless. Just keep working on yourself, deelop more skills, read more and if you can, get more certification like ACCA, CISA, and a couple of others. Better still, you can go for your post graduate then Masters.

Please, dont choke your future up by giving up. More companies are out there looking for HND graduates. If you develop yourself, you will make a difference, and the criticism will defeinitely be on the decline.

If you are not ok with this, then you can call me (0806 781 9955)
    Thanks.

Thank u so much Derfla for ur encouragement and support.
    Cheers

Derfla (Alfred) in responding to critical issues like this, i think you should not have been too detailed in butressing your points by including the Unit your "friend" works.That might pose a reputational risk to the financial community.
    Please take note.

Warm regards.

Derfla gave a good reply but I also agree with bamicious

Yea, i quite agree with you completely, bamicious. It was too passionate of me though, but I have taken note of that now. Thanks for the correction. We are our brothers keeper.

I got your text mavdav, you're always welcome.

+ Reply