+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: What is your worst experience with Contract work with a bank in Naija?

What is your worst experience with Contract work with a bank in Naija?

I have to ask this question because i just came off one myself. You see, sometime last year, i was among the marketers FIRST BANK contracted to market their so-called BIG SPLASH PROMO. I got through all the hurdles and got posted to the sleepy town of Oron in Akwa Ibom State. As at mid June that i checked my numbers, i realized that i had given the bank not less than 20million bucks.
    The promo was then extended to end by the end of July, but i was very shocked to receive a letter from the branch manager that my services will no longer be needed from the 1st of July.
    I am not writing this because i am so bitter about that, but rather, i just don't understand why banks that have a lot of money to pay can continue using us just because we are looking for jobs.

Re: What is your worst experience with Contract work with a bank in Naija?

I intend going into one.I need contact please.
    I BELIEVE IN WHAT U BELIEVE...

Oga krisafics did u take out time to read that last post

anything that has to do contract should not be takin wholeheartedly,look 4 a better job. if possible start up ur own

Working in a bank is not that bad so long as it is on a permenant basis. My grouse is with contract employment which comes with little or no benefits. Anybody taking up such job should understand that they need to pursue an alternative venture which they can fall back on. It could be further studies, building up investments etc. Unfortunately most contract employees in our banks do not realise this. Instead they choose to get theirself involved in frivolities like their colleagues whose appointments are on a permenant basis. Imagine a contract employee whose salary is less than half of an Executive Trainee's taking loans to buy cars, expensive suits, gadgets, accessories etc. Before they realise it, they are so much in debt that only a miracle can save them. At the last place I worked, the contract staffs in my department are practicaly slaves as they are overburdened by debt. My advice to contract staffs is this; neva get too comfortable in the mirage that you are a banker, rather work hard & invest more.

+ Reply