+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: SKYE BANK, GSE, DRAGNET AND 5K

SKYE BANK, GSE, DRAGNET AND 5K

IT BAFFLES ME THAT BANKS THESE DAYS ARE STOOPING SO LOW. HOW CAN A BANK DRIFT TO WORK IN COLLAB WITH THESE SO CALLED RECRUITMENT COMPANIES. EVERYDAY PEOPLE - ESPECIALLY FRESH GRADUATES ARE RIPPED OFF OF THEIR MONEY IN PROMISE OF A NON AVAILABLE JOBS.

I KNOW PEOPLE WHO PAID THE 5K, WROTE THE EXAMS, PASSED AND THAT ENDS THE MATTER. IF 5K AND PASSING THE GSE WILL GUARANTEE JOBS, THEN LET ALL GRADUATES GO FORTH. WHAT PAINS ME IS THAT A LOT OF POOR PEOPLE ARE BEING DUPED. THIS MUST STOP!

IS SKYE, GSE AND DRAGNET LISTENING?
    I am the apple of God's eye.

Re: SKYE BANK, GSE, DRAGNET AND 5K

My dear, the banks dont think they are stooping low o. In their minds they are stepping up, though i can understand with them. But are you saying that the people who wrote the exams didnt hear anything from GSE at all, as in whether they passed or failed?

If that is the case i would be surprised because one of the strong points of Dragnet/GSE is that you get to see after the test how you performed and everything.

Africandiva, thanks for your response. However, what I emphasise is that some people even after passing the GSE are not given the jobs. In other words, passing GSE is not a guarantee for a job. So why the hype about GSE etal in the Nigerian jobstations?
    I am the apple of God's eye.

It is not a guarantee but GTB called people for interview on saturday based on their GSE scores. I appreciate what they are trying to do; i mean if i can sit for one test and use that score to apply anywhere i want that would be a huge weight off my shoulders. Its so tiresome travelling to Lagos every so often to write one test or the other.

Its just like having a JAMB score and every university accepts it; i pity my younger ones who are going from school to school writing university entrance abi post jamb or whatever. I see a good GSE score on my CV as a plus, yet another proof of what i have to offer. Even a good JAMB score is not a guarantee for getting in either; Maybe i should sit for the exam...i wish we didn't have to bear all the cost though.

African Diva, I wanna know if 40% is a good enough GSE score cos dat's wot i got.

dragnet and gse are all out to dupe people. we need to ask ourselves some questions.
    1- which body(ies) authorise(s) them (gse abd dragnet) to conduct the se exams?
    2- does passing these exams guranty automatic employment?
    well, my answer to these questions is no. with the advent of gse and dragnet, i means every ,tom and harry could devise\create\float an examination body to exploit the unemployed youths in the country. i dont know what the efcc and the federal government is doing about this.

I'm told each company will set their own cut off mark. Bank PHB has signed on to use GSE and has sent some of their newly employed staff to write the exam, so that they can compare their GSE scores with the scores with which they were recruited, and decide on a cut off mark.

So it depends on where you want to work.

Victor, my answer is not no. My aunt, a journalist who lives in lagos (i'm based in Ado Ekiti) went all the way to their office in Lekki to investigate and she saw their sign on book where so many companies have signed on to use GSE; GTB, UBA, IGI, PHB, Nigerian Breweries, SilverBird She counted over 40 before she got tired. So if the companies want to use the method instead of what they have been using, then they can give the authority to who they want to, abi?

When you write your aptitude test does it guarantee you a job? No, you still have to go for interview, so it's thesame thing. Company sees your score meets what they want, and they call you for interview, only this time, 20 companies can call you not based on 20 tests, but one.

After speaking with her, i liked the idea. i still have a scar from an accident i had rushing to Lagos from Sapele where i was serving to write first bank test. We have suffered enough.

+ Reply