+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: SHELL CALLING FOR SELECTION TESTS

Re: SHELL CALLING FOR SELECTION TESTS

Guys, I must commend the efforts of everyone towards helping others in achieving their dreams. The dream of getting a good job and leading a better life. This gives me a clue that there is hope for the future generation.

But mind you,'the tomorrow we talked about yesterday is today'

Guys let me start by saying that the shell test is made up of three sections. These are as follows;

Verbal analysis
    Numerical analysis and
    Spartial reasoning.

For as much as your GMAT would do for all the three sections, I'll still advise that you log unto the internet and search for websites that would give life GMAT questions, time you and tell you your performance immediately. Also, please, work on your speed and guessing ability.

The tests are computer based, so the GMAT booklet might not be enough for you. Moreover, the computer based condition is much more onerous than the paper based condition. For the paper based, you are allowed to skip the questions you do not know and then answer those you know, but for the computer based test, you have to answer the question that appears on the screen as fast as possible before another question appears.

Also, as soon as the time is up, the computer logs off on its own. So, I do not know if it is computer or paper based this time but all I know is that all the while it has been computer based. It is alao advisable to prepare for both.

For those of you that are engineers that would be successful at the test stage, this would bring you to the interview stage, which is in the CAR(T) steps, i.e, what Shell actually looks out for in you:

[b]C- Capacity [/b] : This tests your ability to absorb information, analyse problems, make fact-based decisions and propose innovative solution. This already starts from the spatial arrangment section. For the interview, you will be presented with an hypothetical situation or several clues and you would be asked to match them, sieve the important from the unimportant and then propose your own idea. This stage is really very tasky as you could be asked anything at all, most especially outside your field or maybe in your locality. This is where Computer Simulations come in. So, you must be very good at problem solving and you must really be a very fast thinker. So, try working on your thinking skills

A- Achievement: This covers how well you get things done - your drive, resilience, self-confidence and Organisational skills. Here, you would be asked about your most challenging moment and how you were able to combat this. You may also be asked about the extracurricullar activities you took part in during your school days or Service year. I must confess, this is the most paramount part as far as shell is concerned. They want to be sure that you were not a one-sided learner during your school days. The manner in which you present it to them also matters. This will help them know if you are lying or you lack self confidence. Also, if you had once been faced with a financial challenge and you had to engage in little jobs to pay your fees or assist your family etc, tell them. This could give you the job as it has worked for other people.

R- Relationships:This assesses your temwork capabilities, communication skills and respect for others. Here, you will be divided into groups and each group is given a task to work on. Your individual contribution towards the accomplishment of the task and your group participation will be rated. Also, you would be asked to make presentations of your data, so I advise you work more on your communication Skills, both oral and written.

T- Techical: This is only for those applying for technical positions. You would be presented with tasks relevant to your field as it relates to the oil and gas sector. So, I advise that you start reading about the up-stream and down-stream sector and how you fit into both.

The truth is the test is not the most tasky stage as working on your ability to make educated guesses would really help you. Practise guessing with the guessing game soft-ware and GMAT booklet. The tasky stage is the interview cos what you don't know, you don't know.

I have not even been called but I am expectant.

Most importantly, whether you are a Muslim, Christian or traditional worshipper lease ask God for his favour and repent of your sins. If he favours you, it is either you will ba asked the questions you know or you would not even be asked anything at all. it would become a ground for discussion. I know that God would always be there to help you. Ameeeeeen.
    He that overcomes shall wear the crown of life.

hi guys on my invitation letter i was ask to know my application reference number and i cant find any number on the invitation letter.please help

Hey guys have u heard the latest on any of the wonder banks

If you applied from the naijahotjobs wesite, then your application reference number is GTE066A

Best of luck.
    He that overcomes shall wear the crown of life.

Tanx. well done.
    A

my line was in acive for the pas three weeks.r they going to send the invitations to our e mails and call as well.if only calls .i just hope they have not called.

please does anyone know if Shell has started calling people for warri centre.I would like to know those who have been called.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123