+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Ribadu did well, FG admits

Ribadu did well, FG admits

The Federal Government on Wednesday, cautioned the former Chairman, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, on his protracted conflict with the Police Force.

Skip to next paragraph

Photo file
    Mallam Nuhu Ribadu

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Chief Ojo Maduekwe, while briefing journalists on Wednesday in Abuja, said that having done so well as EFCC boss, Ribadu should not destroy what he had laboured to build.

He said, ”It is unfortunate and I wish that this problem didn‘t occur. I will wish that Ribadu’s patriotic instincts will assist him in this difficult time and equip him on how he can put the nation above every other issue.

”If he does that, he may begin to locate certain answers that can help all sides to come out of this mess. This is a mess that is totally avoidable and we regret that it is happening, but what can we do?

”Nigeria is a state and has the duty to explain what is happening and that is what we are doing. We didn‘t want to take issues with Ribadu, he did a good job, he showed commitment, courage, and passion, and this, for me, is welcomed, but he should not destroy what he built even if he feels he is not well treated.”

According to Maduekwe, Ribadu should not run down the police, adding that, ”He is a member of police force and he signed to be obedient while in the force. What is his respect for rules and authority? Taking his employers to court is wrong, all in the name of fighting for his right.”

The minister said that the situation was giving the country a bad name, noting that it was not acceptable because Ribadu would always remain a Nigerian.

He said, ”So if this is about institutional capacity and the rule of law, how can one person quarrel with his bosses, or even with the Nigerian government.The important thing is that we know what we are doing, we are not fighting corruption because somebody is giving us lectures on how to do it, we are fighting corruption because our national survival depends on it.”

Re: Ribadu did well, FG admits

and yet he is being molested by the unseen hands of corrpution and our so-call president kept mute all this while
    I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

its a pity, when we look at what is happening in our country today, most nigerians know he did well, but he is being frustrated out of the police force because he has touched some "sacred cows". Only time will tell......

i now know why the youth will never be allowed to play a vital role in teh survival of this country, moreso when we have people like Mr Ojo Maduakwe still in this government.

Ribadu has done well.He did far better than all his so called bosses and colleagues and it will take time for any one in that ''BLACK UNIFORM'' to march his achievement.I believe ,some body like Ribadu should be given a National Honour.God Bless Ribadu!!!
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

+ Reply