+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: As a parent,can you allow your daughter to marry from opposite religion?

As a parent,can you allow your daughter to marry from opposite religion?

Hello house,please I have been denied from marrying the lady I love so much simply she is from a Muslim family and I am from a Christian family.Please do you think this should be,especially in this age?

Re: As a parent,can you allow your daughter to marry from opposite religion?

Well, this continues to be a problem in most parts of the world, including Nigeria. Personally I do not see any problem in allowing my daughter or son to marry the one they love regardless of religious affiliation.

There is no easy solution to this problem. Time is the only sure solution. Presently all you could do is to show to the parents of your girl your commitment/love and why this is more important than religious affiliation.

"Time is the only sure solution." Yes. In in the next 25 years, awareness will make people to allow religion to be strictly personal. Individual's personality/charater will become more important then than religious affiliation.

We just have to wait and see then. For now, all I can say is I wish you good luck.

Go ahead and apply wisdom. Convert her before you marry her, remember your Amos 3:3.
    I am the apple of God's eye.

I really doubt this not only because of the complicated nature, but because for now Nigeria is not really one

Our forefathers are still bias maybe with time things will change

I am a slow walker but I never walk backwards.

As a parent i'll state let my daughter know that there's more tendency to lose her religious freedom in Africa. She would be choosing between man and God. And like we know God is the most important first before man and as such wait for the man who would allow you to worship freely and understand with you. Secondly, training the children causes a lot of problem btw couples as regards religion. If she feels she wants to continue, then she can go ahead

+ Reply